Chapters 1 and 2
1. What does Aunt Baba notice about Adeline as soon as she gets home from school?
(a) She cut her hair.
(b) She has gotten into a fight.
(c) She has torn her dress, which will infuriate her stepmother.
(d) She has a silver medal dangling from her uniform.
2. What grade is Adeline in at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) First grade.
(b) Third grade.
(d) Second grade.
3. How long has Adeline been in school at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
4. Where does Aunt Baba place treasured items?
(a) Behind a clock on the wall.
(b) Under her mattress.
(c) In her safe-deposit box.
(d) In a secret compartment in the closet.
5. How did Adeline's mother die?
(a) She came down with a high fever three days after Adeline was born.
(b) She killed herself shortly after Adeline was born.
(c) She was in a car accident shortly after Adeline was born.
(d) She died in childbirth with Adeline.
This section contains 4,934 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)