Chapters 1 and 2
1. What does Aunt Baba notice about Adeline as soon as she gets home from school?
(a) She has torn her dress, which will infuriate her stepmother.
(b) She cut her hair.
(c) She has gotten into a fight.
(d) She has a silver medal dangling from her uniform.
2. What grade is Adeline in at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Second grade.
(b) First grade.
(d) Third grade.
3. How long has Adeline been in school at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Where does Aunt Baba place treasured items?
(a) Under her mattress.
(b) Behind a clock on the wall.
(c) In a secret compartment in the closet.
(d) In her safe-deposit box.
5. How did Adeline's mother die?
(a) She was in a car accident shortly after Adeline was born.
(b) She came down with a high fever three days after Adeline was born.
(c) She died in childbirth with Adeline.
(d) She killed herself shortly after Adeline was born.
This section contains 4,934 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)