* Adeline comes home with a silver medal hanging from her left breast pocket.
* Aunt Baba places it in her safe deposit box with many other important valuables.
* Adeline sees a picture and asks if it is a picture of her mother, but it is her grandparents.
* Aunt Baba tells her about her mother's death of catching a high fever shortly after giving birth to her.
* Adeline recalls that Big Sister has told her that she is bad luck because if it wasn't for her, their mother would still be alive.
* Big Sister is 6.5 and her brothers are five, four and three respectively when Adeline is born.
* All of her siblings blame her for their mother's death and never forgive her.
* Their father remarries a seventeen Eurasian beauty they are told to call "Niang" which is a Chinese term for mother.
* Father and Niang have a son...
This section contains 2,712 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)