|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hundred-Year-Old Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kingston realize about men at Great Uncle Kau's funeral?
(a) Men grow very old before they die.
(b) Men are afraid of death.
(c) Men have feelings too.
(d) Men must carry the casket out of the demon mortuary.
2. From what point of view is "On Fathers" written?
(a) first-person observer
(b) third-person limited
(c) third--person omniscient
(d) first-person narrative
3. For what does the doctor at the jail treat the Wild Man?
(a) mosquito bites and stomach ache
(b) dehydration and cuts and bruises
(c) alligator bites and burns from camp fires
(d) malaria and diarrhea
4. How were the Indians in Alaska treated by the "gold seeking" miners?
(a) They are driven out at gunpoint.
(b) Some are tortured and murdered in public.
(c) They are kept as slaves by white demons.
(d) They are welcomed as extra labor.
5. When does the story of Tu-Tzu-chin take place?
(a) middle of the 16th century
(b) middle of the 1st century
(c) modern times
(d) middle of the 19th century
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom do MaMa and Father have to keep their savings a secret?
2. What culture is the character Maui from in "On Mortality Again"?
3. What is the last thing the women do to prepare Tang to meet the queen?
4. What word best describes the meaning of Ch'u Yuan's name?
5. Which two islands does Kingston suggest her father had gone to before entering America?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)