|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grandfather of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is an example from the text of sensory details?
(a) gold coins that were really chocolate
(b) watched the man walk away
(c) mother came out of the house
(d) noses against his coat to sniff his tobacco smell
2. Which best describes the author when she sends money to her cousin in China?
(a) an adult in California
(b) a child in California
(c) an adult in China
(d) a child in China
3. Why do the children reach into the man's pockets?
(a) The children think he has something that belongs to them.
(b) The children are looking for his photo identification.
(c) The children expect to find surprises for them in his pockets.
(d) The children want to steal his money.
4. Which of the following indicates that "The Ghostmate" is a fantasy?
(a) mountains rise until the peaks fade from sight
(b) trees howl and bend to earth
(c) naked drought-dwarfs with one eye on top run for cover
(d) the winds whip up
5. Which two islands does Kingston suggest her father had gone to before entering America?
(a) Angel Island and Cuba
(b) Hawaii and Cuba
(c) Angel Island and Ellis Island
(d) Ellis Island and Cuba
Short Answer Questions
1. Tu cannot deliver his messages and take care of his urgent things after he exits the tunnel because _____________________________.
2. What do the two old women do to Tang Ao with the needles?
3. How long had Ed been away from China before he and MaMa were reunited in New York City?
4. What is supposedly the cause of the "Mongolian spot" on some Chinese babies?
5. When does the story of Tu-Tzu-chin take place?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)