|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grandfather of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Honolulu, what does Kingston's friend, the dancer, report about Kingston's ancestral village?
(a) the people in the village are ignorant and lazy
(b) the people are housed and fed
(c) the people greeted her with a parade
(d) family members had been forced out to build apartments
2. Who are the children referring to when they call out, "BaBa!"?
(a) their mother
(b) the stranger
(c) their father
(d) their grandparents
3. To what does the narrator in "The Ghostmate" compare the woman's hair?
(a) long black tail alive
(b) lumps of peacocks
(c) follows her retreating back
(d) a light-colored dress
4. How many fortunes does Tu Tzu-chun spend?
5. Why do the basketmen stop working in autumn?
(a) The baskets would fall apart because of age
(b) Men do not have the right clothes
(c) The season is a Chinese holiday
(d) The winds are too high to work at high elevation
Short Answer Questions
1. Tu cannot deliver his messages and take care of his urgent things after he exits the tunnel because _____________________________.
2. What does Ah Goong say about working in the tunnels?
3. How does the wife that great grandfather Bak Sook Goong takes back to China affect Kingston's heritage?
4. Which is an example from the text of sensory details?
5. What does a Chinese bride do for three nights before she marries?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)