|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Great Grandfather of the Sandalwood Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ed and MaMa go after Ed is ousted from the laundry business?
(a) to Alaska
(b) to the movies
(c) to Long Island
(d) to California
2. How long had Ed been away from China before he and MaMa were reunited in New York City?
(a) 10 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 5 years
3. How do Ed's partners swindle him out of the business?
(a) The partners tell him he missed the meeting where they put themselves in charge.
(b) The partners spend all the profits dancing with women on Saturday nights.
(c) The partners kidnap MaMa for ransom that Ed has to pay.
(d) The partners pocket cash from laundry orders as often as they can.
4. What part of Tang Ao's wardrobe is shaped like a bridge?
5. What purpose does the mother character serve by entering the story at this point?
(a) She provides an adult female presence to balance the male presence of the stranger.
(b) She moves the plot along and explains how the children could make such a mistake.
(c) She becomes the focus of the children so that they stop focusing on the stranger.
(d) She introduces a conflict that the children have to solve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Chinese wives most likely afraid of when their husbands left for Gold Mountain?
2. Which of the following is an example of figurative language?
3. How does the woman in "The Ghostmate" get her visitors to stay longer than they intend to?
4. How does great grandfather Bak Goong break the rules of silence while working in Sandalwood Mountain?
5. Which is an example from the text of sensory details?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)