|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Father from China.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Ed been away from China before he and MaMa were reunited in New York City?
(a) 10 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 2 years
2. Who were the Gold Mountain Sojourners?
(a) the men who went to America and then returned to China
(b) the teachers who graded papers every night for the Chinese children
(c) the white demons that control the immigrant Chinese men
(d) the men who mined the gold in America
3. What is the simile "like a knot of ginger root" referring to?
(a) the shape of Tang's ears
(b) Tang's arthritic hands
(c) the veins in Tang's broken feet
(d) Tang's broken and stacked toes
4. What do the women do to help stir the cool female winds inside Tang's body?
(a) make Tang wash the bandages used to bind his feet
(b) unwrap the bindings from Tang's feet
(c) giveTang tea with white chrysanthemums
(d) make Tang sit in the rain and wind
5. What is Tang Ao doing when he meets the Queen?
(a) putting jade studs into his ears
(b) serving a meal to the Queen's court
(c) playing an instrument
(d) having a meal with the queen's court
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Tang Ao's wardrobe is shaped like a bridge?
2. How do Ed's partners swindle him out of the business?
3. How might Kingston's father's life have been different had he passed the Imperial Examinations with honors?
4. What does Ah Po show BaBa's brothers to explain that he is different from them?
5. How does the stranger respond to the children's mistake?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)