|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Great Grandfather of the Sandalwood Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women do to help stir the cool female winds inside Tang's body?
(a) make Tang wash the bandages used to bind his feet
(b) giveTang tea with white chrysanthemums
(c) make Tang sit in the rain and wind
(d) unwrap the bindings from Tang's feet
2. What is the Chinaman's hat in "The Great Grandfather of the Sandalwood Mountains"?
(a) the place in town where Chinese workers gamble
(b) a hat to protect the Chinese workers
(c) an island
(d) the top of Sandalwood Mountain
3. To what does the narrator in "The Ghostmate" compare the woman's hair?
(a) lumps of peacocks
(b) long black tail alive
(c) follows her retreating back
(d) a light-colored dress
4. What metaphor does Tang use to compare his bandages hanging to dry?
(a) gathered his toes over and under another
(b) like underwear
(c) streamers that drooped and draped wall to wall
(d) like a moth's wings
5. What mood does the letter from Kingston's friend, the physicist, reflect about his return visit to their common ancestral village?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman in "The Ghostmate" get her visitors to stay longer than they intend to?
2. How do the women manage to capture Tang Ao?
3. How does the stranger respond to the children's mistake?
4. Which is an example from the text of sensory details?
5. How does the wife that great grandfather Bak Sook Goong takes back to China affect Kingston's heritage?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)