|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alaska China Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ah Goong say about working in the tunnels?
(a) Day becomes night.
(b) The sound of hammers only stop at night.
(c) Time and space stop inside the tunnel.
(d) Mountains of dirt walked out of the tunnel.
2. Who is Guan Goong?
(a) an actor in a play in Sacramento
(b) a hero from China's revolution
(c) one of Kingston's grandfathers
(d) the God of War and Literature
3. Which of the following indicates that "The Ghostmate" is a fantasy?
(a) mountains rise until the peaks fade from sight
(b) naked drought-dwarfs with one eye on top run for cover
(c) trees howl and bend to earth
(d) the winds whip up
4. Which best describes the genre of these two chapters: "The Ghostmate" and "The Father From America"?
(a) folktale and nonfiction
(b) autobiography and biography
(c) realistic fiction and autobiography
(d) fantasy tale and biography
5. Why does Kingston think that Stockton is a special place to live?
(a) Flocks of hoboes were always around the tracks, keeping the city entertaining.
(b) Kingston's grandfathers worked on the tracks in Stockton where Kingston and her family live.
(c) Kingston could ride the trains anytime she wanted.
(d) Stockton, CA, is the only city with three intersecting railroads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does the mother character serve by entering the story at this point?
2. What condition does the monk set on what Tu Tzu-chun can do during his illusions?
3. What do people in Alaska do to track events in their lives and their community?
4. What is the consequence of Tu Tzu-chun failing the monk's test?
5. What month is stated as the date for both stories of the Driving Out in Alaska?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)