|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alaska China Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one emotion that Tu Tzu-chun cannot overcome in his illusion?
2. Why do the children reach into the man's pockets?
(a) The children want to steal his money.
(b) The children expect to find surprises for them in his pockets.
(c) The children are looking for his photo identification.
(d) The children think he has something that belongs to them.
3. Which details from the text imply that Father is a successful business man?
(a) He wears two-hundred dollar suits and good leather shoes with wingtips.
(b) He is tall and thin.
(c) He wears a coat with tobacco smell.
(d) He continues his walk down our street.
4. Which of the following is an example of a simile used in "The Ghostmate"?
(a) Steam rises as if a mirage of food floated on the table.
(b) He gorges; he indulges his appetite.
(c) The bowls of soup are bottomless.
(d) The orange of the firelight suffuses the prorcelain.
5. Who are the children referring to when they call out, "BaBa!"?
(a) the stranger
(b) their mother
(c) their father
(d) their grandparents
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Ah Goong go to Gold Mountain?
2. After Captain Carroll rescues the China Men from being adrift in the sea, where do the China Men ask the Captain to take them?
3. In addition to self-defense, what is the most influential element in the rule of law in Alaska in 1885?
4. What technology changes the way the Central Pacific Railroad tunnels through mountains in the Sierra Nevada?
5. How does the woman in "The Ghostmate" get her visitors to stay longer than they intend to?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)