|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room does Act 3 begin?
2. Karen and Martha find it hard to ______________________.
3. What is Dr. Cardin's reaction to Mary's allegations?
4. What is Rosalie's demeanor when she enters the living room?
5. Why does Martha chastise Mrs. Mortar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Karen, Mary and Mrs. Tilford. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study on Mary. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of the bracelet that Rosalie has borrowed and not yet returned. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this item?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)