|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Rosalie's parents want her away from the school?
2. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
3. In what room does Act 3 begin?
4. What does Mary do to scare Rosalie?
5. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Martha. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the bracelet that Rosalie has borrowed and not yet returned. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Karen, Mary and Mrs. Tilford. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)