|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mary's tools used for evil?
2. Everything that Karen loved ____________________.
3. Which of the following has not contributed to Karen's despair?
4. What has forced Martha to examine her feelings for Karen?
5. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Hellman uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play when THE CHILDREN'S HOUR? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)