|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is safe to say that Mary ______________________.
2. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
3. What does Mrs. Tilford admit to Karen?
4. What is the demeanor of Karen and Martha?
5. What is the name of the guest expected at the Tilford home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Hellman uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play when THE CHILDREN'S HOUR? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)