|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme associated with Mrs. Tilford at the end of the play?
2. Why is Mrs. Mortar especially despicable?
3. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
4. Who is the only person the parents talk to before withdrawing their daughters from the school?
5. Who does Karen reluctantly agree to allow in the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the bracelet that Rosalie has borrowed and not yet returned. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 2
Evil takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1930s. Compare and contrast homosexuality in America during the 1930s to homosexuality in America today. What major changes have occurred--both positive and negative?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)