|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
2. How does Martha feel now about Mrs. Mortar?
3. Who threatens Mrs. Tilford?
4. Everything that Karen loved ____________________.
5. Most people tend to destroy something __________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evil takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1930s. Compare and contrast homosexuality in America during the 1930s to homosexuality in America today. What major changes have occurred--both positive and negative?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)