|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trial had been publicized _____________________.
2. What does Karen know about Dr. Cardin at this point in time?
3. What has forced Martha to examine her feelings for Karen?
4. What does Karen realize when Dr. Cardin says he really wants to ask the question about her relationship with Martha?
5. What is Dr. Cardin's reaction to Mary's allegations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the bracelet that Rosalie has borrowed and not yet returned. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1930s. Compare and contrast homosexuality in America during the 1930s to homosexuality in America today. What major changes have occurred--both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Karen. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)