Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Karen and Martha so outraged?
2. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
3. What concluded ten days ago?
4. What is Rosalie's demeanor when she enters the living room?
5. What makes the only noise in the school now?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
THE CHILDREN'S HOUR is a classic story of good versus evil. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of married women in the 1930s. Conversely, what is the role of unmarried women in the 1930s? What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? Do they have any freedoms that twenty-first century women do not have?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)