|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mary's tools used for evil?
2. What is the setting for Act 3?
3. What guest is expected at the Tilford home?
4. What is the name of the guest expected at the Tilford home?
5. Where has Mrs. Mortar been during the trial?
Essay Topic 1
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in America during the 1930s? Explain by giving examples.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)