|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room does Act 3 begin?
2. Which of the following does Mrs. Tilford not offer to Karen?
3. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Karen about Mary?
4. How does Martha feel now about Mrs. Mortar?
5. What does Karen know about Dr. Cardin at this point in time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
THE CHILDREN'S HOUR is a classic story of good versus evil. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Mrs Tilford. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)