|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Martha threaten Mrs. Tilford?
2. It is safe to say that Mary ______________________.
3. What does Mrs. Tilford admit to Karen?
4. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
5. Who knocks on the door soon after Martha's body is discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE CHILDREN'S HOUR is a classic story of good versus evil. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
As educators, Karen and Martha have many things in common but are also different in many ways. Compare and contrast Karen and Martha. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)