|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
2. What are Mary's tools used for evil?
3. The trial had been publicized _____________________.
4. Who is asked to corroborate Mary's story?
5. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the bracelet that Rosalie has borrowed and not yet returned. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1930s. Compare and contrast homosexuality in America during the 1930s to homosexuality in America today. What major changes have occurred--both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)