|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha kill herself?
2. What does Karen know about Dr. Cardin at this point in time?
3. Who questions Mary again about her story?
4. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
5. Who is the only person the parents talk to before withdrawing their daughters from the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Martha. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play when THE CHILDREN'S HOUR? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)