|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trial had been publicized _____________________.
2. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
3. In what room does Act 3 begin?
4. What guest is expected at the Tilford home?
5. In what room of Mrs. Tilford's home does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play when THE CHILDREN'S HOUR? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study on Mrs Tilford. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Karen, Mary and Mrs. Tilford. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)