|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most people tend to destroy something __________________.
2. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
3. Why is Mrs. Mortar especially despicable?
4. What do Karen and Martha know about their careers now?
5. What does Martha beg Karen to do when she realizes Dr. Cardin is gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Hellman uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1930s. Compare and contrast homosexuality in America during the 1930s to homosexuality in America today. What major changes have occurred--both positive and negative?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)