|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what theme does the author end the play?
2. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
(a) She recovers quickly.
(b) She cries.
(c) She runs out of the room.
(d) She slaps them.
3. What does Martha beg Karen to do when she realizes Dr. Cardin is gone?
(a) Say she has loved her all along.
(b) Say good riddance to him.
(c) Call him when she gets settled.
(d) Go after Dr. Cardin.
4. The trial had been publicized _____________________.
(a) not at all.
5. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who does Karen reluctantly agree to allow in the house?
3. How have Karen and Martha behaved since the trial?
4. Why do Rosalie's parents want her away from the school?
5. In what room of Mrs. Tilford's home does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)