|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what theme does the author end the play?
2. It is safe to say that Mary ______________________.
(a) doesn't even know what she has done wrong.
(b) will have to confess her sins.
(c) will behave maliciously for the rest of her life.
(d) will be sorry one day.
3. What do the adults' reactions validate in Mary?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her malicious behavior.
(c) Her generosity.
(d) Her timidity.
4. Who knocks on the door soon after Martha's body is discovered?
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Munn.
(d) Professor Cardinal.
5. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
(a) a sin.
(c) not a public topic.
(d) in vogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karen and Martha find it hard to ______________________.
2. Who does Karen reluctantly agree to allow in the house?
3. Who comes to the house occasionally?
4. Where are Rosalie's parents?
5. Which of the following has not contributed to Karen's despair?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)