|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the school be described now?
(a) Starting over again.
(b) Burned down.
2. Who arrives unexpectedly at the school?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Munn.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Professor Cardinal.
3. What does Mrs. Tilford admit to Karen?
(a) She has a job for Mrs. Mortar.
(b) She was wrong to let the case go to trial.
(c) She wants Karen and Martha to leave town immediately.
(d) She wants Karen to tutor Mary.
4. Who is the only person the parents talk to before withdrawing their daughters from the school?
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
5. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Karen and Martha know about their careers now?
2. With what does Martha threaten Mrs. Tilford?
3. What does Karen realize when Dr. Cardin says he really wants to ask the question about her relationship with Martha?
4. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
5. Why do Karen and Martha want to talk to Mrs. Tilford?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)