|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Karen and Martha know about their careers now?
(a) There are few places they would be allowed to teach young girls.
(b) They will start a new school in another state.
(c) They are highly in demand now.
(d) They are both burned out on teaching.
2. Which of the following is not something Dr. Cardin has done?
(a) Secured a position in Vienna.
(b) Sold his house.
(c) Plans to marry Karen right away.
(d) Started drinking Scotch for lunch.
3. Who is asked to corroborate Mary's story?
4. With what does Martha threaten Mrs. Tilford?
(a) Newspaper ads.
(c) Bodily harm.
(d) A libel suit.
5. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin when they are alone?
2. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
3. Who questions Mary again about her story?
4. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
5. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)