|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person the parents talk to before withdrawing their daughters from the school?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
2. What concluded ten days ago?
(a) A libel trial.
(b) The school year.
(c) Final exams.
(d) An FBI investigation.
3. What does Mrs. Tilford admit to Karen?
(a) She was wrong to let the case go to trial.
(b) She wants Karen to tutor Mary.
(c) She wants Karen and Martha to leave town immediately.
(d) She has a job for Mrs. Mortar.
4. Why do Karen and Martha want to talk to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) She has encouraged all the parents to remove their daughters from the school.
(b) They want to confirm her grant to the school for next year.
(c) They are enlisting her help to organize a bake sale.
(d) They would like her support in the next election.
5. Where are Rosalie's parents?
(b) Palm Beach.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
2. What is Dr. Cardin's reaction to Mary's allegations?
3. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
4. What kind of charges is Mary making against the headmistresses?
5. Why does Martha chastise Mrs. Mortar?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)