|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) Goes to a window.
(b) Sits on a window ledge.
(c) Makes a phone call.
(d) Opens a window.
2. What do the adults' reactions validate in Mary?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her timidity.
(c) Her malicious behavior.
(d) Her generosity.
3. What is the literary technique used when Martha begins to examine her feelings for Karen after Mary's accusations surface?
4. What guest is expected at the Tilford home?
(a) One of the girls from the school.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Tilford's sister.
(d) An old college friend of Mr. Tilford's.
5. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
(a) Teaches her to dance.
(b) Blackmails her.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Curls her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
2. Why is Mrs. Mortar especially despicable?
3. What makes the only noise in the school now?
4. Everything that Karen loved ____________________.
5. Who arrives unexpectedly at the Tilford house?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)