|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Karen reluctantly agree to allow in the house?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
2. What makes the only noise in the school now?
(a) A relentlessly ringing phone.
(b) A squeaky ceiling fan.
(c) A Grandfather clock.
(d) A noisy furnace.
3. Why do Rosalie's parents want her away from the school?
(a) Because of the crime on campus.
(b) Because of the inappropriate behavior of the headmistresses.
(c) Because she is homesick.
(d) Because a new headmaster has taken over.
4. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
(a) He understands her concerns.
(b) He is outraged at the intrusion into his life.
(c) He appreciates the offer but can't accept it.
(d) He is grateful for her generosity.
5. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Teaches her to dance.
(c) Blackmails her.
(d) Curls her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is asked to corroborate Mary's story?
2. How can the school be described now?
3. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
4. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
5. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)