|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
2. Why do Karen and Martha want to talk to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) They would like her support in the next election.
(b) They want to confirm her grant to the school for next year.
(c) They are enlisting her help to organize a bake sale.
(d) She has encouraged all the parents to remove their daughters from the school.
3. Who does Karen reluctantly agree to allow in the house?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
4. Karen and Martha find it hard to ______________________.
(a) think about a different kind of life.
5. What makes the only noise in the school now?
(a) A Grandfather clock.
(b) A relentlessly ringing phone.
(c) A noisy furnace.
(d) A squeaky ceiling fan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mrs. Tilford not offer to Karen?
2. What is the literary technique used when Martha begins to examine her feelings for Karen after Mary's accusations surface?
3. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
4. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
5. What is the setting for Act 3?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)