|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most people tend to destroy something __________________.
(a) they don't understand.
(b) that hurts them.
(c) that gets in their way.
(d) that is evil.
2. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
(a) She did not get the telegrams.
(b) She couldn't get a ship back in time.
(c) She refused.
(d) She didn't think she could be of much help.
3. What does Martha beg Karen to do when she realizes Dr. Cardin is gone?
(a) Call him when she gets settled.
(b) Go after Dr. Cardin.
(c) Say she has loved her all along.
(d) Say good riddance to him.
4. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Mrs. Munn.
(c) Professor Cardinal.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
5. Why do Karen and Martha want to talk to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) They are enlisting her help to organize a bake sale.
(b) She has encouraged all the parents to remove their daughters from the school.
(c) They want to confirm her grant to the school for next year.
(d) They would like her support in the next election.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
2. What does Mrs. Tilford advise Martha and Karen to do?
3. Who knocks on the door soon after Martha's body is discovered?
4. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
5. Which of the following has not contributed to Karen's despair?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)