|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has forced Martha to examine her feelings for Karen?
(a) Growing older.
(b) Dr. Cardin's proposal to Karen.
(c) Being lonely.
(d) Mary's allegations.
2. Karen and Martha find it hard to ______________________.
(b) think about a different kind of life.
3. In what room of Mrs. Tilford's home does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The living room.
(d) The den.
4. Who is the only person the parents talk to before withdrawing their daughters from the school?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
5. Which of the following has not contributed to Karen's despair?
(a) Martha has committed suicide.
(b) Her career is over.
(c) Her mother has recently died.
(d) Her engagement is broken off.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
2. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
3. What are Karen and Martha hoping to avoid?
4. With what does Martha threaten Mrs. Tilford?
5. What does Karen know about Dr. Cardin at this point in time?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)