|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sides with Martha and Karen?
(a) Mrs. Munn.
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Professor Cardinal.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
2. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
(a) Blackmails her.
(b) Teaches her to dance.
(c) Curls her hair.
(d) Slaps her.
3. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
4. Why is Mrs. Mortar especially despicable?
(a) She talks about everyone she knows.
(b) She spits when she talks.
(c) She refused to testify when she could have reversed the legal decision.
(d) She is greedy.
5. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
(a) He appreciates the offer but can't accept it.
(b) He understands her concerns.
(c) He is outraged at the intrusion into his life.
(d) He is grateful for her generosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following has not contributed to Karen's despair?
2. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
3. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Dr. Cardin believes that Mary is prone to _______________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)