Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Mortar's home?
2. What does Mary give to Mrs. Mortar?
3. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
(a) Just the right amount.
(c) More than enough.
(d) Just a little bit.
4. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
5. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) The maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
2. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
3. How is Dr. Cardin related to Mary Tilford?
4. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
5. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the topic of lesbianism viewed at the time this play was written in the 1930s?
2. How does Mary manage to blackmail Rosalie?
3. What does Dr. Cardin do that makes Karen know she cannot marry him.
4. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Mrs. Tilford do after she is finished speaking with Mary?
6. What is the setting for Act 3?
7. Explain the impact that the trial has had on Karen and Martha's careers.
8. Why is Rosalie coming to spend the night at the Tilford home?
9. What is the reason Karen and Martha go to Mrs. Tilford's house?
10. What is the irony in Mrs. Mortar's name?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)