|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the alleged inappropriate behavior taken place?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) A library.
(c) A bar.
(d) A car.
2. Who is one of the women who founded the school?
(a) Martha Wilson.
(b) Martha Washington.
(c) Martha Vineyard.
(d) Martha Dobie.
3. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Karen and Martha.
4. How can Mrs. Tilford be characterized?
5. Why does Agatha question Mary?
(a) Her clothes are all wet.
(b) She doesn't have any luggage.
(c) Her arrival is unexpected.
(d) Her shoes are muddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tilford declare about Mary?
2. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
3. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
4. Who does Mary say she misses?
5. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mary's destructive behavior comparable to the effects of acid?
2. How do Karen and Martha behave in the aftermath of the libel trial?
3. The parents get caught up in the fever of Mary's accusations and Mrs. Tilford's phone calls and neglect to do one thing. What is that one thing?
4. What can be presumed about the source of Mary's cunning behavior?
5. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What is the irony in Mrs. Mortar's name?
7. Given Mary's behavior so far in the play, what type of home would the reader believe she had been raised in?
8. Why is Martha especially glad to see Mrs. Mortar, who has returned from Europe?
9. What is the result of Karen, Martha and Dr. Cardin questioning Mary?
10. What does Dr. Cardin do that makes Karen know she cannot marry him.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)