|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agatha question Mary?
(a) Her arrival is unexpected.
(b) Her shoes are muddy.
(c) Her clothes are all wet.
(d) She doesn't have any luggage.
2. Who is Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Dobie.
(b) Mrs. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
3. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
4. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(a) Abusive upbringing.
(b) Inner turmoil.
5. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
(a) Karen Dobie.
(b) Karen Wilson.
(c) Karen Wright.
(d) Karen Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
2. What claims does Mary make?
3. What does Mrs. Tilford declare about Mary?
4. What have the girls heard coming from the bedroom door?
5. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
Short Essay Questions
1. The parents get caught up in the fever of Mary's accusations and Mrs. Tilford's phone calls and neglect to do one thing. What is that one thing?
2. How does Mary manage to blackmail Rosalie?
3. Why does the author set the story of good vs. evil in a small town in Massachusetts?
4. Who greets Mary when she arrives at the Tilford home?
5. Where has Mary gone after leaving the school in anger?
6. How does Martha come to tell Karen that she really does have loving feelings toward her?
7. What is the reason Karen and Martha go to Mrs. Tilford's house?
8. What is the setting for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
9. How does Mrs. Mortar react when she learns that she is to be sent back to London?
10. What does Mrs. Tilford do after she is finished speaking with Mary?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)