|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
2. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
(a) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(b) The Witches of Eastwick.
(c) The Crucible
(d) Independence Day.
3. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
4. What was the topic of THE CRUCIBLE?
(a) Witch trials.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) Women's rights.
5. Who does Mary say she misses?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
2. Who reprimands Mary during her crying fit?
3. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
4. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
5. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be presumed about the source of Mary's cunning behavior?
2. What is the "witch hunt" upon which Mary has embarked?
3. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who greets Mary when she arrives at the Tilford home?
5. What information does Karen share about herself and Mrs. Mortar that agitates Martha?
6. What do Martha and Mrs. Mortar not realize during their argument?
7. How do the adults behave in such a way that only validates Mary's malicious behavior?
8. Why has Mrs. Tilford come to the school?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing in showing Martha's character traits in Act 1?
10. What does Mary claim that the girls at school have witnessed regarding Karen and Martha?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)