|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Dobie.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Mrs. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
2. How can Mrs. Tilford be characterized?
3. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
(a) Martha is not as pretty as Karen.
(b) Martha is not as smart as Karen.
(c) Martha has always been fat and ugly.
(d) Martha has inappropriate feelings for Karen.
4. With whom does Karen discuss Mary's disruptive behavior?
(c) Mary Ann.
5. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
(a) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(b) The Witches of Eastwick.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) The Crucible
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
2. In what room of the school does the play begin?
3. For what does Mrs. Tilford reprimand Mary?
4. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
5. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary react when she learns that she is being sent back to school?
2. How do the adults behave in such a way that only validates Mary's malicious behavior?
3. Who are the founders of the Wright-Dobie School?
4. How does Act 1 begin?
5. Why has Mrs. Tilford come to the school?
6. How does Martha come to tell Karen that she really does have loving feelings toward her?
7. Why is Rosalie coming to spend the night at the Tilford home?
8. Why is Agatha suspicious of Mary's behavior?
9. What does Mary claim that the girls at school have witnessed regarding Karen and Martha?
10. What does Mary symbolize in this good vs. evil drama?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)