|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
2. What has happened to Mary's vow?
(a) She has followed through on it.
(b) She has abandoned it.
(c) She is thinking it over.
(d) She will start tomorrow.
3. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
(a) To add interest to her boring life.
(b) To get attention.
(c) To write better stories.
(d) To practice her acting skills.
4. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
(a) To expel her from school.
(b) To separate her from her cohorts.
(c) To get her a French tutor.
(d) To get her to a psychiatrist.
5. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
(a) Just a little bit.
(c) Just the right amount.
(d) More than enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
2. Who reprimands Mary during her crying fit?
3. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
4. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
5. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Mrs. Tilford come to the school?
2. What is the irony in Mrs. Mortar's name?
3. How does Mary pull Rosalie into the questioning about the headmistresses?
4. The parents get caught up in the fever of Mary's accusations and Mrs. Tilford's phone calls and neglect to do one thing. What is that one thing?
5. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What is the result of Karen, Martha and Dr. Cardin questioning Mary?
7. How does Mary Tilford try to get on Mrs. Mortar's good side?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in showing Mary's character traits in Act 1?
9. Why is Agatha suspicious of Mary's behavior?
10. Why are the adults not concerned about Mary's "heart attack"?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)