|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He agrees to think about it.
(b) He agrees to do it.
(c) He resists.
(d) He refuses.
2. Which of the girls is reciting Shakespeare to Mrs. Mortar?
3. What does Mrs. Tilford decide to do after Mary persists in her claims about Karen and Martha?
(a) Demand the immediate resignation of the headmistresses.
(b) Investigate the claims.
(c) Ground Mary for lying.
(d) Send Mary back to school immediately.
4. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
(a) Karen Dobie.
(b) Karen Davis.
(c) Karen Wright.
(d) Karen Wilson.
5. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(a) Inner turmoil.
(d) Abusive upbringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stereotypical definition of New England mores?
2. What was the topic of THE CRUCIBLE?
3. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
4. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations?
5. What is Mary relentless in doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mary's behavior likened to the behavior of the girls in THE CRUCIBLE?
2. How does Mrs. Tilford react when Martha threatens to sue her for libel?
3. What is the irony in Mrs. Mortar's name?
4. Who are the founders of the Wright-Dobie School?
5. Why is Agatha suspicious of Mary's behavior?
6. What does Mrs. Tilford do after she is finished speaking with Mary?
7. How do Karen and Martha behave in the aftermath of the libel trial?
8. How do the adults behave in such a way that only validates Mary's malicious behavior?
9. How does Mrs. Mortar react when she learns that she is to be sent back to London?
10. What does Mrs. Tilford's demeanor seem to be?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)