|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the alleged inappropriate behavior taken place?
(a) A library.
(b) A bar.
(c) A car.
(d) A bedroom.
2. What is the stereotypical definition of New England mores?
3. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He agrees to do it.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He agrees to think about it.
(d) He resists.
4. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
(a) Only Mary.
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) All the girls at school.
5. When is Mary to be taken back to school?
(a) After the school holiday.
(b) Tomorrow morning.
(c) Monday morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does evil serve in good vs. evil dramas?
2. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
3. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
4. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
5. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. The parents get caught up in the fever of Mary's accusations and Mrs. Tilford's phone calls and neglect to do one thing. What is that one thing?
2. What does Mrs. Tilford's demeanor seem to be?
3. How does Act 1 end?
4. What do Martha and Mrs. Mortar not realize during their argument?
5. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Dr. Cardin that he feels is out of place regarding his personal life?
6. How does Mary react when she learns her punishment for her cunning behavior?
7. What is the reason Karen and Martha go to Mrs. Tilford's house?
8. What solution and ray of hope has Dr. Cardin presented to Karen and Martha?
9. How does Mrs. Mortar react when she learns that she is to be sent back to London?
10. How do the adults behave in such a way that only validates Mary's malicious behavior?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)