|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tilford decide to do after Mary persists in her claims about Karen and Martha?
(a) Send Mary back to school immediately.
(b) Ground Mary for lying.
(c) Demand the immediate resignation of the headmistresses.
(d) Investigate the claims.
2. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mr. Truman.
(b) Professor Carlini.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
3. Who is Karen's fiance?
(a) Dr. Joseph Cardoff.
(b) Dr. Joe Cardin.
(c) Dr. Jim Bellevue.
(d) Dr. James Hall.
4. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
5. Who is Mrs. Tilford's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the vow made by the student?
2. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
3. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
4. What arouses Mrs. Tilford's suspicions about Mary's accusations?
5. What has happened to Mary's vow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the adults behave in such a way that only validates Mary's malicious behavior?
2. How does Karen react to Mrs. Tilford's arrival at the school?
3. Explain the impact that the trial has had on Karen and Martha's careers.
4. What does Mrs. Tilford do after she is finished speaking with Mary?
5. What can be presumed about the source of Mary's cunning behavior?
6. How does Mary pull Rosalie into the questioning about the headmistresses?
7. What solution and ray of hope has Dr. Cardin presented to Karen and Martha?
8. How is Mary's behavior likened to the behavior of the girls in THE CRUCIBLE?
9. How does Mary react when she learns that she is being sent back to school?
10. What does Mary symbolize in this good vs. evil drama?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)