|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
2. What does Mary give to Mrs. Mortar?
3. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) The Witches of Eastwick.
(c) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(d) The Crucible
4. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
5. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
(a) She is in perfect health.
(b) She has a heart murmur.
(c) She has asthma.
(d) She has low blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
2. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
3. What type of building houses the school?
4. Agatha is used to Mary's ___________________.
5. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary react when she learns her punishment for her cunning behavior?
2. What has prompted Martha to think about her true feelings for Karen?
3. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
4. How does Karen react to Mrs. Tilford's arrival at the school?
5. How do Karen and Martha behave in the aftermath of the libel trial?
6. Given Mary's behavior so far in the play, what type of home would the reader believe she had been raised in?
7. What does Mary symbolize in this good vs. evil drama?
8. How is Mary's destructive behavior comparable to the effects of acid?
9. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations against Karen and Marth?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing in showing Mary's character traits in Act 1?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)