|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the topic of THE CRUCIBLE?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Women's rights.
(c) Witch trials.
2. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
(b) Mary's father.
(c) Mary's grandmother.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
3. How is Mrs. Mortar related to Martha?
4. When is Mary to be taken back to school?
(a) After the school holiday.
(b) Monday morning.
(c) Tomorrow morning.
5. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He agrees to think about it.
(b) He resists.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He agrees to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
2. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
3. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
4. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
5. Who is Mrs. Tilford's maid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary Tilford try to get on Mrs. Mortar's good side?
2. How does Mrs. Mortar react when she learns that she is to be sent back to London?
3. What is the setting for Act 3?
4. What does Dr. Cardin do that makes Karen know she cannot marry him.
5. What is the most tragic irony of the whole play?
6. How is Mary's destructive behavior comparable to the effects of acid?
7. How do the adults behave in such a way that only validates Mary's malicious behavior?
8. Why is Agatha suspicious of Mary's behavior?
9. What is the setting for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
10. How does Mrs. Tilford react when Martha threatens to sue her for libel?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)