|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(a) Emotional disturbance.
(b) Alcohol abuse.
(d) Abused as a child.
2. What claims does Mary make about school?
(a) The food is terrible.
(b) The music lessons have been dropped.
(c) She is mistreated.
(d) The buildings are falling down.
3. Mary has a history of _________________.
(b) fainting spells.
(c) excellent grades.
(d) asthma attacks.
4. With whom does Karen discuss Mary's disruptive behavior?
(c) Mary Ann.
5. Who is Karen's fiance?
(a) Dr. Jim Bellevue.
(b) Dr. Joe Cardin.
(c) Dr. Joseph Cardoff.
(d) Dr. James Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Mortar's home?
2. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
3. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
4. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
5. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mary's destructive behavior comparable to the effects of acid?
2. What are the circumstances of Martha's suicide?
3. Explain the impact that the trial has had on Karen and Martha's careers.
4. What does Karen say in response to Mrs. Tilford's apology?
5. How does Mrs. Mortar react when she learns that she is to be sent back to London?
6. How does Mary pull Rosalie into the questioning about the headmistresses?
7. Why is Agatha suspicious of Mary's behavior?
8. What does Mary claim that the girls at school have witnessed regarding Karen and Martha?
9. How does Martha come to tell Karen that she really does have loving feelings toward her?
10. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations against Karen and Marth?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)