|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agatha question Mary?
(a) Her shoes are muddy.
(b) She doesn't have any luggage.
(c) Her arrival is unexpected.
(d) Her clothes are all wet.
2. What role does evil serve in good vs. evil dramas?
3. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
(a) Tutoring duties for two weeks.
(b) Kitchen duty for two weeks.
(c) No phone privileges for two weeks.
(d) Confinement to the school grounds for two weeks.
4. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
5. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(b) Emotional disturbance.
(c) Abused as a child.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
2. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
3. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
4. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
5. Which of the girls is reciting Shakespeare to Mrs. Mortar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary get caught in her ploy to win over Mrs. Mortar?
2. Why is Agatha suspicious of Mary's behavior?
3. How does Mrs. Tilford react when Martha threatens to sue her for libel?
4. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
5. The parents get caught up in the fever of Mary's accusations and Mrs. Tilford's phone calls and neglect to do one thing. What is that one thing?
6. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Dr. Cardin that he feels is out of place regarding his personal life?
7. To what work of Arthur Miller's is Mary's character compared?
8. What does Karen say in response to Mrs. Tilford's apology?
9. Why is Martha especially glad to see Mrs. Mortar, who has returned from Europe?
10. How does Mrs. Tilford respond when she realizes that Mary has arrived unexpectedly?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)