|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of building houses the school?
(a) Abandoned schoolhouse.
(c) Converted farmhouse.
(d) Townhouse in the city.
2. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Learning to speak French.
(b) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
(c) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
(d) Going to Europe this summer.
3. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
(b) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(c) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
(d) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
4. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Montague.
(b) Mrs. Nunn.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Mrs. Munn.
5. What claims does Mary make about school?
(a) The buildings are falling down.
(b) The food is terrible.
(c) She is mistreated.
(d) The music lessons have been dropped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary's grandmother?
2. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
3. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
4. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
5. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary symbolize in this good vs. evil drama?
2. How far reaching are the effects of Mary's malicious behavior?
3. Why is Rosalie coming to spend the night at the Tilford home?
4. What is the reason Karen and Martha go to Mrs. Tilford's house?
5. What does Dr. Cardin do that makes Karen know she cannot marry him.
6. How does the author use foreshadowing in showing Mary's character traits in Act 1?
7. What does Mrs. Tilford do after she is finished speaking with Mary?
8. Why is Agatha suspicious of Mary's behavior?
9. Why is Martha especially glad to see Mrs. Mortar, who has returned from Europe?
10. How does Mary get caught in her ploy to win over Mrs. Mortar?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)