|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
(a) Young girls.
(d) Angry husbands.
2. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
(a) To add interest to her boring life.
(b) To practice her acting skills.
(c) To write better stories.
(d) To get attention.
3. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Mr. Tilford.
(c) The maid.
(d) The butler.
4. What is the stereotypical definition of New England mores?
5. Who is one of the women who founded the school?
(a) Martha Vineyard.
(b) Martha Dobie.
(c) Martha Washington.
(d) Martha Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
2. What type of building houses the school?
3. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
4. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
5. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary get caught in her ploy to win over Mrs. Mortar?
2. What is Dr. Cardin's reaction when he hears Mary's allegations from Mrs. Tilford?
3. How does Mary manage to blackmail Rosalie?
4. How does Act 1 end?
5. What solution and ray of hope has Dr. Cardin presented to Karen and Martha?
6. Explain the impact that the trial has had on Karen and Martha's careers.
7. What does Dr. Cardin do that makes Karen know she cannot marry him.
8. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
9. How does Mary react when she learns her punishment for her cunning behavior?
10. What information does Karen share about herself and Mrs. Mortar that agitates Martha?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)