|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mrs. Mortar related to Martha?
2. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
(a) Just a little bit.
(b) Just the right amount.
(c) More than enough.
3. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
4. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
5. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
(b) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(c) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
(d) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
2. Mary has a history of _________________.
3. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
4. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
5. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony in Mrs. Mortar's name?
2. How does Mary pull Rosalie into the questioning about the headmistresses?
3. What is the result of Karen, Martha and Dr. Cardin questioning Mary?
4. What has prompted Martha to think about her true feelings for Karen?
5. Explain the impact that the trial has had on Karen and Martha's careers.
6. What can be presumed about the source of Mary's cunning behavior?
7. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations against Karen and Marth?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in showing Martha's character traits in Act 1?
9. Where has Mary gone after leaving the school in anger?
10. How does Mary react when she learns her punishment for her cunning behavior?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)