|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mary's father.
(d) Mary's grandmother.
2. The girls at school are troubled because _________________________.
(a) the Spring Fling dance may be cancelled.
(b) they have witnessed the inappropriate behavior.
(c) the boys' school has a new curfew.
(d) Summer vacation is shorter this year.
3. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
4. Who is Mrs. Tilford's maid?
5. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She deserves a raise.
(b) She needs a long vacation.
(c) She should retire next year.
(d) She has to leave the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
2. What is the vow made by the student?
3. In what room of the school does the play begin?
4. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
5. How many acts are in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances of Martha's suicide?
2. What information does Karen share about herself and Mrs. Mortar that agitates Martha?
3. What is the setting for Act 3?
4. How does Mary get caught in her ploy to win over Mrs. Mortar?
5. How does Mary manage to blackmail Rosalie?
6. Explain the impact that the trial has had on Karen and Martha's careers.
7. How does Mrs. Tilford react when Martha threatens to sue her for libel?
8. To what work of Arthur Miller's is Mary's character compared?
9. Why is Agatha suspicious of Mary's behavior?
10. How does Mrs. Tilford begin to take Mary's accusations seriously?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)