|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Mary's behavior be characterized?
2. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
3. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
(a) Karen Kay.
(b) Karen Dobie.
(c) Karen Wright.
(d) Karen Mortar.
4. The girls at school are troubled because _________________________.
(a) Summer vacation is shorter this year.
(b) the boys' school has a new curfew.
(c) they have witnessed the inappropriate behavior.
(d) the Spring Fling dance may be cancelled.
5. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
(b) Mrs. Rose Morton.
(c) Mrs. Lily Fair.
(d) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
2. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
3. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
4. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
5. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 1 end?
2. What does Mrs. Tilford do after she is finished speaking with Mary?
3. How does Mary get caught in her ploy to win over Mrs. Mortar?
4. What is the setting for Act 3?
5. What do Martha and Mrs. Mortar not realize during their argument?
6. How does Mrs. Tilford respond when she realizes that Mary has arrived unexpectedly?
7. How does Karen react to Mrs. Tilford's arrival at the school?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in showing Martha's character traits in Act 1?
9. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Dr. Cardin that he feels is out of place regarding his personal life?
10. What is the result of Karen, Martha and Dr. Cardin questioning Mary?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)