|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age range of the girls in the opening act?
2. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Cut off all her hair.
(b) Marry the next boy she meets.
(c) Run away with her boyfriend.
(d) Leave the school.
3. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He resists.
(c) He agrees to do it.
(d) He agrees to think about it.
4. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
(a) Mary Tipton.
(b) Mary Hall.
(c) Mary Grant.
(d) Mary Tilford.
5. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
(b) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
(c) Going to Europe this summer.
(d) Learning to speak French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
2. Who is Mary's grandmother?
3. How is Dr. Cardin related to Mary Tilford?
4. Mary has a history of _________________.
5. Why does Agatha question Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 3?
2. What information does Karen share about herself and Mrs. Mortar that agitates Martha?
3. How does Mrs. Tilford respond when she realizes that Mary has arrived unexpectedly?
4. What solution and ray of hope has Dr. Cardin presented to Karen and Martha?
5. What has prompted Martha to think about her true feelings for Karen?
6. Why does the author set the story of good vs. evil in a small town in Massachusetts?
7. What does Mary claim that the girls at school have witnessed regarding Karen and Martha?
8. How does Mrs. Tilford begin to take Mary's accusations seriously?
9. How does Karen react to Mrs. Tilford's arrival at the school?
10. How far reaching are the effects of Mary's malicious behavior?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)