|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
(a) Karen Wright.
(b) Karen Dobie.
(c) Karen Kay.
(d) Karen Mortar.
2. Who is Mrs. Tilford's maid?
3. Mrs. Tilford's demeanor can be characterized as ______________.
4. How can Mary's behavior be characterized?
5. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
(c) Young girls.
(d) Angry husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Mary?
2. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
3. Which of the students has made a vow to do something?
4. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
5. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what work of Arthur Miller's is Mary's character compared?
2. What does Mary symbolize in this good vs. evil drama?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing in showing Mary's character traits in Act 1?
4. What is the "witch hunt" upon which Mary has embarked?
5. The parents get caught up in the fever of Mary's accusations and Mrs. Tilford's phone calls and neglect to do one thing. What is that one thing?
6. What is the setting for Act 3?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing in showing Martha's character traits in Act 1?
8. Why is Martha especially glad to see Mrs. Mortar, who has returned from Europe?
9. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
10. How does Mary get caught in her ploy to win over Mrs. Mortar?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)