|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
2. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
3. Agatha is used to Mary's ___________________.
(a) cunning behavior.
(d) study habits.
4. In what room of the school does the play begin?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The study room.
(c) The gym.
(d) The library.
5. What is the name of Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Teaford.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Mrs. Tillman.
(d) Mrs. Tinkham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
2. What claims does Mary make about school?
3. Who raised Mary?
4. What does Mary do upon hearing her punishment?
5. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mary's destructive behavior comparable to the effects of acid?
2. Explain the impact that the trial has had on Karen and Martha's careers.
3. What does Karen say in response to Mrs. Tilford's apology?
4. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations against Karen and Marth?
5. What is the setting for Act 3?
6. Why does the author set the story of good vs. evil in a small town in Massachusetts?
7. How does Mary Tilford try to get on Mrs. Mortar's good side?
8. Why is Agatha suspicious of Mary's behavior?
9. How does Mrs. Tilford respond when she realizes that Mary has arrived unexpectedly?
10. How does Martha come to tell Karen that she really does have loving feelings toward her?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)