|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mr. Truman.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Professor Carlini.
2. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
3. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Marry the next boy she meets.
(b) Run away with her boyfriend.
(c) Leave the school.
(d) Cut off all her hair.
4. Who is Karen's fiance?
(a) Dr. Jim Bellevue.
(b) Dr. Joe Cardin.
(c) Dr. James Hall.
(d) Dr. Joseph Cardoff.
5. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
(a) Biting her nails.
(b) Creating such turmoil at the school.
(c) Drinking beer.
(d) Faking heart attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
2. What has Dr. Cardin asked Mrs. Mortar to do which irritates her?
3. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
4. What arouses Mrs. Tilford's suspicions about Mary's accusations?
5. What was the topic of THE CRUCIBLE?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 1 begin?
2. Why has Mrs. Tilford come to the school?
3. How does Mary get caught in her ploy to win over Mrs. Mortar?
4. What is the setting for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
5. How does Martha come to tell Karen that she really does have loving feelings toward her?
6. Why are the adults not concerned about Mary's "heart attack"?
7. Why was the play considered controversial at the time it was written?
8. What are the circumstances of Martha's suicide?
9. What information does Karen share about herself and Mrs. Mortar that agitates Martha?
10. How does Act 1 end?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)