|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
(d) malicious behavior.
2. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) The maid.
(d) The butler.
3. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
(a) Angry husbands.
(b) Young girls.
4. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
(a) They do drugs on their lunch hour.
(b) They exhibit inappropriate behavior.
(c) They drink beer in school.
(d) They smoke in bed.
5. For what does Mrs. Tilford reprimand Mary?
(a) Getting expelled.
(b) Smoking marijuana.
(c) Drinking beer.
(d) Her malicious behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agatha question Mary?
2. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
3. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
4. Who is Mrs. Tilford's maid?
5. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the adults behave in such a way that only validates Mary's malicious behavior?
2. What can be presumed about the source of Mary's cunning behavior?
3. Why does the author set the story of good vs. evil in a small town in Massachusetts?
4. How does Mrs. Tilford react when Martha threatens to sue her for libel?
5. What is the setting for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
6. How is Mary's behavior likened to the behavior of the girls in THE CRUCIBLE?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing in showing Mary's character traits in Act 1?
8. How does Mrs. Tilford respond when she realizes that Mary has arrived unexpectedly?
9. What is the setting for Act 3?
10. How does Mrs. Tilford begin to take Mary's accusations seriously?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)