|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everything that Karen loved ____________________.
(a) has loved her in return.
(b) will never leave her.
(c) was worth everything she gave for it.
(d) has been taken from her.
2. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
(a) Sara MacKenzie's.
(b) Amy Donaldson's.
(c) Annette Hall's.
(d) Helen Burton's.
3. What guest is expected at the Tilford home?
(a) One of the girls from the school.
(b) Mrs. Tilford's sister.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) An old college friend of Mr. Tilford's.
4. How does Martha kill herself?
(b) Slits her wrists.
(d) Takes pills.
5. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
(a) Threatens to tell that Rosalie sneaks out to see boys.
(b) Threatens to tell that Rosalie smokes pot.
(c) Threatens to tell that Rosalie stole a bracelet.
(d) Threatens to tell that Rosalie drinks beer.
6. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Dr. Cardin about his marriage to Karen?
(a) She wants to give Karen a bridal shower.
(b) She doesn't want him to marry Karen.
(c) She wants to pay for the wedding flowers.
(d) She wants to host their wedding at her home.
7. What was the content of the telegrams sent to Mrs. Mortar?
(a) Requests for her to return and testify on Karen and Martha's behalf.
(b) News of the death of an old friend.
(c) The birth of a great grandchild.
(d) A request for money to pay the attorneys.
8. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin when they are alone?
(a) If he truly believed in her innocence.
(b) If he really loves her.
(c) If they can have children right away.
(d) If they can move to California.
9. Why does Rosalie have permission to stay at the Tilford home?
(a) Mary is having a birthday party for her.
(b) Mary is having a slumber party.
(c) The girls are going to a football game the next day.
(d) Mrs. Tilford called all the girls' parents about the accusations.
10. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The library.
(b) The study room.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Mrs. Tilford's home.
11. Why is Mrs. Mortar especially despicable?
(a) She refused to testify when she could have reversed the legal decision.
(b) She talks about everyone she knows.
(c) She spits when she talks.
(d) She is greedy.
12. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The Glendale Academy.
(b) The Exeter School.
(c) The Wright-Dobie School.
(d) The Dover School.
13. Who emerges as the strongest character at the end of the play?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
14. How does Martha feel now about Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She is indifferent toward her.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She loves her.
(d) She can tolerate her.
15. Who comes to the house occasionally?
(a) The mailman.
(b) The meter reader.
(c) The UPS guy.
(d) The grocery delivery boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Rosalie's parents?
2. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
3. Who threatens Mrs. Tilford?
4. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
5. What does Mrs. Tilford admit to Karen?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)