|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knocks on the door soon after Martha's body is discovered?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(b) Professor Cardinal.
(d) Mrs. Munn.
2. With what does Martha threaten Mrs. Tilford?
(a) Newspaper ads.
(b) Bodily harm.
(d) A libel suit.
3. Who arrives unexpectedly at the Tilford house?
(a) Professor Cardinal.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Karen and Martha.
(d) Reverend Miller.
4. Why is Mrs. Mortar especially despicable?
(a) She spits when she talks.
(b) She talks about everyone she knows.
(c) She is greedy.
(d) She refused to testify when she could have reversed the legal decision.
5. What does Mrs. Tilford advise Martha and Karen to do?
(a) Apologize to the parents.
(b) Move away.
(c) Explain everything to the girls.
(d) Get new students.
6. Why do Rosalie's parents want her away from the school?
(a) Because she is homesick.
(b) Because a new headmaster has taken over.
(c) Because of the crime on campus.
(d) Because of the inappropriate behavior of the headmistresses.
7. What are Mary's tools used for evil?
8. What are Karen and Martha hoping to avoid?
(a) Leaving old friends.
(b) Ridicule and shame.
(c) Having to move away.
9. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Packing clothes.
(b) Arranging flowers.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Making preparations for a guest.
10. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Dr. Cardin about his marriage to Karen?
(a) She wants to host their wedding at her home.
(b) She wants to give Karen a bridal shower.
(c) She wants to pay for the wedding flowers.
(d) She doesn't want him to marry Karen.
11. What is the name of the guest expected at the Tilford home?
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
12. What is Karen and Martha's intention at the Tilford house?
(a) Confront Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Talk about Mary's grades.
(c) Speak to the Garden Club.
(d) Attend a cocktail party.
13. Who sides with Martha and Karen?
(a) Mrs. Munn.
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Professor Cardinal.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
14. The trial had been publicized _____________________.
(c) not at all.
15. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(b) Sits on a window ledge.
(c) Goes to a window.
(d) Opens a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
2. What has forced Martha to examine her feelings for Karen?
3. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
4. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin to do?
5. In what room of Mrs. Tilford's home does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)