|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Karen and Martha know about their careers now?
(a) They are highly in demand now.
(b) They are both burned out on teaching.
(c) There are few places they would be allowed to teach young girls.
(d) They will start a new school in another state.
2. Who arrives unexpectedly at the school?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Munn.
(d) Professor Cardinal.
3. How have Karen and Martha behaved since the trial?
(a) Launched a new school in Vermont.
(b) Moved to New York.
(c) Given interviews on TV.
(d) Sequestered themselves in the school.
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Mrs. Tilford's home.
(b) The study room.
(c) The library.
(d) A cafe.
5. What does Dr. Cardin plan for Martha?
(a) Take her to Vienna with Karen and him.
(b) Send her on a worldwide cruise.
(c) Send her to London with Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Get her established at Harvard.
6. What is the name of the guest expected at the Tilford home?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
7. Why does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
(a) To get Rosalie in trouble.
(b) She doesn't know any better.
(c) She needs allies.
(d) Mrs. Mortar told her to.
8. What is Karen and Martha's intention at the Tilford house?
(a) Speak to the Garden Club.
(b) Talk about Mary's grades.
(c) Attend a cocktail party.
(d) Confront Mrs. Tilford.
9. Which of the following does Mrs. Tilford not offer to Karen?
(a) Payment of Martha's funeral expenses.
(b) A reversal of the legal judgment.
(c) A formal public apology.
(d) Financial retribution.
10. What concluded ten days ago?
(a) A libel trial.
(b) Final exams.
(c) The school year.
(d) An FBI investigation.
11. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
(a) She refused.
(b) She didn't think she could be of much help.
(c) She couldn't get a ship back in time.
(d) She did not get the telegrams.
12. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Making preparations for a guest.
(b) Arranging flowers.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Packing clothes.
13. Why does Rosalie have permission to stay at the Tilford home?
(a) Mrs. Tilford called all the girls' parents about the accusations.
(b) Mary is having a birthday party for her.
(c) Mary is having a slumber party.
(d) The girls are going to a football game the next day.
14. What does Mrs. Tilford advise Martha and Karen to do?
(a) Explain everything to the girls.
(b) Apologize to the parents.
(c) Get new students.
(d) Move away.
15. What is Dr. Cardin's reaction to Mary's allegations?
(a) He knows they are lies.
(b) He has suspected them all along.
(c) He cannot believe them.
(d) He believes everything Mary says.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everything that Karen loved ____________________.
2. It is safe to say that Mary ______________________.
3. In what room does Act 3 begin?
4. Why does Martha chastise Mrs. Mortar?
5. What is Rosalie's demeanor when she enters the living room?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)