|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Karen and Martha so outraged?
(a) That a malicious child can be allowed to create havoc.
(b) That Mrs. Tilford won't let them in the house.
(c) That the school bus is broken down again.
(d) That the plumber has charged more than his estimate.
2. In what room of Mrs. Tilford's home does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The den.
(d) The living room.
3. It is safe to say that Mary ______________________.
(a) will be sorry one day.
(b) will have to confess her sins.
(c) will behave maliciously for the rest of her life.
(d) doesn't even know what she has done wrong.
4. What does Mrs. Tilford admit to Karen?
(a) She wants Karen and Martha to leave town immediately.
(b) She wants Karen to tutor Mary.
(c) She has a job for Mrs. Mortar.
(d) She was wrong to let the case go to trial.
5. What is Mary doing as Rosalie enters the living room?
(d) Playing the piano.
6. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Professor Cardinal.
(d) Mrs. Munn.
7. Who arrives unexpectedly at the school?
(a) Professor Cardinal.
(b) Mr. Tilford.
(c) Mrs. Munn.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
8. What do the adults' reactions validate in Mary?
(a) Her timidity.
(b) Her shyness.
(c) Her malicious behavior.
(d) Her generosity.
9. What makes the only noise in the school now?
(a) A squeaky ceiling fan.
(b) A noisy furnace.
(c) A relentlessly ringing phone.
(d) A Grandfather clock.
10. What is Dr. Cardin's reaction to Mary's allegations?
(a) He cannot believe them.
(b) He has suspected them all along.
(c) He knows they are lies.
(d) He believes everything Mary says.
11. What are Mary's tools used for evil?
12. Who arrives unexpectedly at the Tilford house?
(a) Professor Cardinal.
(b) Karen and Martha.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Reverend Miller.
13. To what can Mary's malicious destruction be compared?
(a) Acid eating away at something.
(b) A tornado flattening the landscape.
(c) A flood sweeping everything away.
(d) A fire that reduces everything to embers.
14. With what does Martha threaten Mrs. Tilford?
(b) Bodily harm.
(c) Newspaper ads.
(d) A libel suit.
15. Why does Rosalie have permission to stay at the Tilford home?
(a) Mary is having a slumber party.
(b) Mary is having a birthday party for her.
(c) The girls are going to a football game the next day.
(d) Mrs. Tilford called all the girls' parents about the accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen realize when Dr. Cardin says he really wants to ask the question about her relationship with Martha?
2. Everything that Karen loved ____________________.
3. Karen and Martha find it hard to ______________________.
4. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
5. Why is Mrs. Mortar especially despicable?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)