|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is safe to say that Mary ______________________.
(a) will behave maliciously for the rest of her life.
(b) doesn't even know what she has done wrong.
(c) will have to confess her sins.
(d) will be sorry one day.
2. What is Mary doing as Rosalie enters the living room?
(d) Playing the piano.
3. How does Martha kill herself?
(a) Takes pills.
(b) Slits her wrists.
4. Why does Rosalie have permission to stay at the Tilford home?
(a) The girls are going to a football game the next day.
(b) Mrs. Tilford called all the girls' parents about the accusations.
(c) Mary is having a slumber party.
(d) Mary is having a birthday party for her.
5. Why is Mrs. Mortar especially despicable?
(a) She talks about everyone she knows.
(b) She spits when she talks.
(c) She refused to testify when she could have reversed the legal decision.
(d) She is greedy.
6. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The library.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Mrs. Tilford's home.
(d) The study room.
7. What is the demeanor of Karen and Martha?
(b) Low key.
8. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
(a) She recovers quickly.
(b) She runs out of the room.
(c) She slaps them.
(d) She cries.
9. What does Mary do to scare Rosalie?
(a) Throws a book at her.
(b) Makes noises.
(c) Jumps out at her.
10. What does Karen realize when Dr. Cardin says he really wants to ask the question about her relationship with Martha?
(a) She thinks he is incredibly rude.
(b) She can't marry him.
(c) She would want to ask if she were him.
(d) She loves him even more.
11. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
12. To what can Mary's malicious destruction be compared?
(a) A flood sweeping everything away.
(b) A tornado flattening the landscape.
(c) A fire that reduces everything to embers.
(d) Acid eating away at something.
13. Who questions Mary again about her story?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(b) Professor Cardinal.
(c) Mrs. Munn.
(d) Mr. Savoy.
14. How can the school be described now?
(b) Burned down.
(d) Starting over again.
15. What is Karen and Martha's intention at the Tilford house?
(a) Talk about Mary's grades.
(b) Speak to the Garden Club.
(c) Attend a cocktail party.
(d) Confront Mrs. Tilford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin when they are alone?
2. What is the name of the guest expected at the Tilford home?
3. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
4. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
5. With what does Martha threaten Mrs. Tilford?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)