|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concluded ten days ago?
(a) Final exams.
(b) A libel trial.
(c) The school year.
(d) An FBI investigation.
2. Who is asked to corroborate Mary's story?
3. Who is the only person the parents talk to before withdrawing their daughters from the school?
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
4. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
5. Which of the following is not something Dr. Cardin has done?
(a) Sold his house.
(b) Plans to marry Karen right away.
(c) Started drinking Scotch for lunch.
(d) Secured a position in Vienna.
6. Who sides with Martha and Karen?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Professor Cardinal.
(c) Mrs. Munn.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
7. Who comes to the house occasionally?
(a) The meter reader.
(b) The mailman.
(c) The UPS guy.
(d) The grocery delivery boy.
8. Who threatens Mrs. Tilford?
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
9. What was the content of the telegrams sent to Mrs. Mortar?
(a) Requests for her to return and testify on Karen and Martha's behalf.
(b) A request for money to pay the attorneys.
(c) The birth of a great grandchild.
(d) News of the death of an old friend.
10. Why does Martha chastise Mrs. Mortar?
(a) For writing bad checks.
(b) For losing her keys.
(c) For tracking mud into the house.
(d) For not answering telegrams.
11. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
(a) She runs out of the room.
(b) She slaps them.
(c) She cries.
(d) She recovers quickly.
12. In what room does Act 3 begin?
(a) The library.
(b) The Home Economics room
(c) The study room.
(d) The music room.
13. What is the literary technique used when Martha begins to examine her feelings for Karen after Mary's accusations surface?
14. What has forced Martha to examine her feelings for Karen?
(a) Mary's allegations.
(b) Dr. Cardin's proposal to Karen.
(c) Being lonely.
(d) Growing older.
15. How does Mary seem to Mrs. Tilford by this point?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Karen and Martha so outraged?
2. What does Mrs. Tilford advise Martha and Karen to do?
3. Where has Mrs. Mortar been during the trial?
4. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Dr. Cardin about his marriage to Karen?
5. What do Karen and Martha know about their careers now?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)