|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room does Act 3 begin?
(a) The library.
(b) The Home Economics room
(c) The music room.
(d) The study room.
2. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Mrs. Munn.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Professor Cardinal.
3. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin to do?
(a) Go away and never come back.
(b) Pick up some Chinese takeout for dinner.
(c) Go away for a couple days to reconsider the marriage.
(d) Make the arrangements for Vienna right away.
4. Who knocks on the door soon after Martha's body is discovered?
(b) Professor Cardinal.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Munn.
5. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin when they are alone?
(a) If they can have children right away.
(b) If he really loves her.
(c) If they can move to California.
(d) If he truly believed in her innocence.
6. Why are Karen and Martha so outraged?
(a) That the school bus is broken down again.
(b) That the plumber has charged more than his estimate.
(c) That a malicious child can be allowed to create havoc.
(d) That Mrs. Tilford won't let them in the house.
7. What is Dr. Cardin's reaction to Mary's allegations?
(a) He believes everything Mary says.
(b) He cannot believe them.
(c) He has suspected them all along.
(d) He knows they are lies.
8. What do Karen and Martha know about their careers now?
(a) They are highly in demand now.
(b) They will start a new school in another state.
(c) They are both burned out on teaching.
(d) There are few places they would be allowed to teach young girls.
9. What does Karen realize when Dr. Cardin says he really wants to ask the question about her relationship with Martha?
(a) She can't marry him.
(b) She would want to ask if she were him.
(c) She thinks he is incredibly rude.
(d) She loves him even more.
10. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
(a) He is outraged at the intrusion into his life.
(b) He appreciates the offer but can't accept it.
(c) He understands her concerns.
(d) He is grateful for her generosity.
11. What is Mary doing as Rosalie enters the living room?
(d) Playing the piano.
12. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
13. What does Martha finally reveal to Karen after Dr. Cardin leaves?
(a) Martha has cancer.
(b) Martha is moving to Australia.
(c) Martha loves Karen.
(d) Martha loves Dr. Cardin.
14. To what can Mary's malicious destruction be compared?
(a) Acid eating away at something.
(b) A tornado flattening the landscape.
(c) A flood sweeping everything away.
(d) A fire that reduces everything to embers.
15. What is the demeanor of Karen and Martha?
(b) Low key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has forced Martha to examine her feelings for Karen?
2. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
3. What kind of charges is Mary making against the headmistresses?
4. Who is the only person the parents talk to before withdrawing their daughters from the school?
5. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)