|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
(a) Mrs. Munn.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Professor Cardinal.
2. What does Dr. Cardin plan for Martha?
(a) Send her on a worldwide cruise.
(b) Take her to Vienna with Karen and him.
(c) Get her established at Harvard.
(d) Send her to London with Mrs. Mortar.
3. What is Mary doing as Rosalie enters the living room?
(c) Playing the piano.
4. What does Mary do to scare Rosalie?
(a) Jumps out at her.
(b) Makes noises.
(d) Throws a book at her.
5. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Making preparations for a guest.
(b) Packing clothes.
(c) Arranging flowers.
(d) Making dinner.
6. What does Martha finally reveal to Karen after Dr. Cardin leaves?
(a) Martha loves Dr. Cardin.
(b) Martha has cancer.
(c) Martha loves Karen.
(d) Martha is moving to Australia.
7. What is Karen and Martha's intention at the Tilford house?
(a) Confront Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Talk about Mary's grades.
(c) Attend a cocktail party.
(d) Speak to the Garden Club.
8. What is Rosalie's demeanor when she enters the living room?
9. What does Karen know about Dr. Cardin at this point in time?
(a) He will not return.
(b) He is very selfish.
(c) He never really loved her.
(d) He lied about going to Vienna.
10. The trial had been publicized _____________________.
(a) not at all.
11. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) Goes to a window.
(b) Makes a phone call.
(c) Opens a window.
(d) Sits on a window ledge.
12. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin to do?
(a) Go away for a couple days to reconsider the marriage.
(b) Go away and never come back.
(c) Pick up some Chinese takeout for dinner.
(d) Make the arrangements for Vienna right away.
13. How does Mary seem to Mrs. Tilford by this point?
14. What does Karen realize when Dr. Cardin says he really wants to ask the question about her relationship with Martha?
(a) She would want to ask if she were him.
(b) She can't marry him.
(c) She loves him even more.
(d) She thinks he is incredibly rude.
15. In what room does Act 3 begin?
(a) The Home Economics room
(b) The study room.
(c) The music room.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who is the only person the parents talk to before withdrawing their daughters from the school?
3. What kind of charges is Mary making against the headmistresses?
4. How does Karen respond to Mrs. Tilford's offers?
5. Why are Karen and Martha so outraged?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)