|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do to scare Rosalie?
(a) Makes noises.
(c) Jumps out at her.
(d) Throws a book at her.
2. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
(a) Amy Donaldson's.
(b) Annette Hall's.
(c) Helen Burton's.
(d) Sara MacKenzie's.
3. Why do Karen and Martha want to talk to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) They are enlisting her help to organize a bake sale.
(b) She has encouraged all the parents to remove their daughters from the school.
(c) They want to confirm her grant to the school for next year.
(d) They would like her support in the next election.
4. In what room of Mrs. Tilford's home does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The living room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The den.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Why does Martha chastise Mrs. Mortar?
(a) For tracking mud into the house.
(b) For losing her keys.
(c) For not answering telegrams.
(d) For writing bad checks.
6. Where are Rosalie's parents?
(c) New York.
(d) Palm Beach.
7. What does Karen realize when Dr. Cardin says he really wants to ask the question about her relationship with Martha?
(a) She can't marry him.
(b) She loves him even more.
(c) She thinks he is incredibly rude.
(d) She would want to ask if she were him.
8. How does Karen respond to Mrs. Tilford's offers?
(a) She accepts them.
(b) She rejects them outright.
(c) She cannot take the money.
(d) She will consider them.
9. Most people tend to destroy something __________________.
(a) they don't understand.
(b) that hurts them.
(c) that gets in their way.
(d) that is evil.
10. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin when they are alone?
(a) If he really loves her.
(b) If they can move to California.
(c) If they can have children right away.
(d) If he truly believed in her innocence.
11. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
(a) She couldn't get a ship back in time.
(b) She did not get the telegrams.
(c) She refused.
(d) She didn't think she could be of much help.
12. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
(a) He appreciates the offer but can't accept it.
(b) He is outraged at the intrusion into his life.
(c) He is grateful for her generosity.
(d) He understands her concerns.
13. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
(a) Teaches her to dance.
(b) Curls her hair.
(c) Blackmails her.
(d) Slaps her.
14. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
15. Which of the following has not contributed to Karen's despair?
(a) Her career is over.
(b) Her engagement is broken off.
(c) Martha has committed suicide.
(d) Her mother has recently died.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trial had been publicized _____________________.
2. What is Mary doing as Rosalie enters the living room?
3. Why does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
4. What does Karen know about Dr. Cardin at this point in time?
5. What does Mrs. Tilford admit to Karen?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)