|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Arranging flowers.
(b) Making dinner.
(c) Packing clothes.
(d) Making preparations for a guest.
2. What does Martha beg Karen to do when she realizes Dr. Cardin is gone?
(a) Go after Dr. Cardin.
(b) Say she has loved her all along.
(c) Call him when she gets settled.
(d) Say good riddance to him.
3. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
(a) Threatens to tell that Rosalie sneaks out to see boys.
(b) Threatens to tell that Rosalie stole a bracelet.
(c) Threatens to tell that Rosalie smokes pot.
(d) Threatens to tell that Rosalie drinks beer.
4. Who threatens Mrs. Tilford?
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
5. Who arrives unexpectedly at the Tilford house?
(a) Karen and Martha.
(b) Professor Cardinal.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Reverend Miller.
6. To what can Mary's malicious destruction be compared?
(a) A tornado flattening the landscape.
(b) A flood sweeping everything away.
(c) Acid eating away at something.
(d) A fire that reduces everything to embers.
7. What kind of charges is Mary making against the headmistresses?
(a) Completely true.
(b) A little bit true.
(c) Completely false.
(d) Probably true.
8. Why does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
(a) She doesn't know any better.
(b) To get Rosalie in trouble.
(c) Mrs. Mortar told her to.
(d) She needs allies.
9. How does Mary feel about Rosalie?
(a) She is her best friend.
(b) She can't stand her.
(c) She doesn't particularly like her.
(d) She can take her or leave her.
10. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
(a) She did not get the telegrams.
(b) She couldn't get a ship back in time.
(c) She refused.
(d) She didn't think she could be of much help.
11. What do Karen and Martha know about their careers now?
(a) They will start a new school in another state.
(b) There are few places they would be allowed to teach young girls.
(c) They are both burned out on teaching.
(d) They are highly in demand now.
12. Who comes to the house occasionally?
(a) The grocery delivery boy.
(b) The UPS guy.
(c) The mailman.
(d) The meter reader.
13. Who sides with Martha and Karen?
(a) Professor Cardinal.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Munn.
14. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin when they are alone?
(a) If they can move to California.
(b) If he truly believed in her innocence.
(c) If he really loves her.
(d) If they can have children right away.
15. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
(a) Curls her hair.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Blackmails her.
(d) Teaches her to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
2. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin to do?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly at the school?
4. Why does Rosalie have permission to stay at the Tilford home?
5. What does Mrs. Tilford advise Martha and Karen to do?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)