|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martha kill herself?
(a) Takes pills.
(d) Slits her wrists.
2. How have Karen and Martha behaved since the trial?
(a) Launched a new school in Vermont.
(b) Sequestered themselves in the school.
(c) Moved to New York.
(d) Given interviews on TV.
3. What guest is expected at the Tilford home?
(a) One of the girls from the school.
(b) Mrs. Tilford's sister.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) An old college friend of Mr. Tilford's.
4. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Arranging flowers.
(b) Making preparations for a guest.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Packing clothes.
5. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
(a) She couldn't get a ship back in time.
(b) She did not get the telegrams.
(c) She didn't think she could be of much help.
(d) She refused.
6. With what does Martha threaten Mrs. Tilford?
(b) A libel suit.
(c) Bodily harm.
(d) Newspaper ads.
7. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) Goes to a window.
(b) Sits on a window ledge.
(c) Makes a phone call.
(d) Opens a window.
8. What do the adults' reactions validate in Mary?
(a) Her malicious behavior.
(b) Her shyness.
(c) Her timidity.
(d) Her generosity.
9. Everything that Karen loved ____________________.
(a) was worth everything she gave for it.
(b) will never leave her.
(c) has been taken from her.
(d) has loved her in return.
10. What is the demeanor of Karen and Martha?
(b) Low key.
11. What does Mary do to scare Rosalie?
(a) Throws a book at her.
(c) Jumps out at her.
(d) Makes noises.
12. What is the theme associated with Mrs. Tilford at the end of the play?
(c) Search for love.
13. How does Mary feel about Rosalie?
(a) She can't stand her.
(b) She is her best friend.
(c) She doesn't particularly like her.
(d) She can take her or leave her.
14. Why does Rosalie have permission to stay at the Tilford home?
(a) Mrs. Tilford called all the girls' parents about the accusations.
(b) Mary is having a slumber party.
(c) The girls are going to a football game the next day.
(d) Mary is having a birthday party for her.
15. What is Rosalie's demeanor when she enters the living room?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what theme does the author end the play?
2. Where are Rosalie's parents?
3. Why is Mrs. Mortar especially despicable?
4. What does Dr. Cardin plan for Martha?
5. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)