|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of charges is Mary making against the headmistresses?
(a) Probably true.
(b) A little bit true.
(c) Completely false.
(d) Completely true.
2. How does Martha kill herself?
(a) Takes pills.
(d) Slits her wrists.
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Mrs. Tilford's home.
(b) The study room.
(c) The library.
(d) A cafe.
4. The trial had been publicized _____________________.
(c) not at all.
5. With what theme does the author end the play?
6. With what does Martha threaten Mrs. Tilford?
(a) Bodily harm.
(c) Newspaper ads.
(d) A libel suit.
7. What are Karen and Martha hoping to avoid?
(b) Leaving old friends.
(c) Having to move away.
(d) Ridicule and shame.
8. Dr. Cardin believes that Mary is prone to _______________.
(d) coughing spells.
9. Who is asked to corroborate Mary's story?
10. How does Karen respond to Mrs. Tilford's offers?
(a) She will consider them.
(b) She rejects them outright.
(c) She accepts them.
(d) She cannot take the money.
11. Why are Karen and Martha so outraged?
(a) That the plumber has charged more than his estimate.
(b) That a malicious child can be allowed to create havoc.
(c) That Mrs. Tilford won't let them in the house.
(d) That the school bus is broken down again.
12. What is Karen and Martha's intention at the Tilford house?
(a) Attend a cocktail party.
(b) Confront Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Talk about Mary's grades.
(d) Speak to the Garden Club.
13. Who comes to the house at Mrs. Tilford's request?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Munn.
(d) Professor Cardinal.
14. Who arrives unexpectedly at the school?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Professor Cardinal.
(d) Mrs. Munn.
15. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
(a) He understands her concerns.
(b) He is grateful for her generosity.
(c) He appreciates the offer but can't accept it.
(d) He is outraged at the intrusion into his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha feel now about Mrs. Mortar?
2. Most people tend to destroy something __________________.
3. How have Karen and Martha behaved since the trial?
4. Where has Mrs. Mortar been during the trial?
5. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)