|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Karen and Martha so outraged?
(a) That a malicious child can be allowed to create havoc.
(b) That the school bus is broken down again.
(c) That the plumber has charged more than his estimate.
(d) That Mrs. Tilford won't let them in the house.
2. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
(a) Threatens to tell that Rosalie sneaks out to see boys.
(b) Threatens to tell that Rosalie stole a bracelet.
(c) Threatens to tell that Rosalie drinks beer.
(d) Threatens to tell that Rosalie smokes pot.
3. What concluded ten days ago?
(a) A libel trial.
(b) The school year.
(c) An FBI investigation.
(d) Final exams.
4. What is Rosalie's demeanor when she enters the living room?
5. What makes the only noise in the school now?
(a) A noisy furnace.
(b) A relentlessly ringing phone.
(c) A squeaky ceiling fan.
(d) A Grandfather clock.
6. What do Karen and Martha know about their careers now?
(a) They are highly in demand now.
(b) There are few places they would be allowed to teach young girls.
(c) They are both burned out on teaching.
(d) They will start a new school in another state.
7. What is the theme associated with Mrs. Tilford at the end of the play?
(a) Search for love.
8. Dr. Cardin believes that Mary is prone to _______________.
(a) coughing spells.
9. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
(a) She cries.
(b) She recovers quickly.
(c) She slaps them.
(d) She runs out of the room.
10. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
(a) Sara MacKenzie's.
(b) Amy Donaldson's.
(c) Annette Hall's.
(d) Helen Burton's.
11. Who threatens Mrs. Tilford?
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
12. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin when they are alone?
(a) If he truly believed in her innocence.
(b) If they can move to California.
(c) If he really loves her.
(d) If they can have children right away.
13. What does Karen know about Dr. Cardin at this point in time?
(a) He will not return.
(b) He is very selfish.
(c) He never really loved her.
(d) He lied about going to Vienna.
14. Why does Martha chastise Mrs. Mortar?
(a) For losing her keys.
(b) For tracking mud into the house.
(c) For not answering telegrams.
(d) For writing bad checks.
15. Most people tend to destroy something __________________.
(a) they don't understand.
(b) that gets in their way.
(c) that hurts them.
(d) that is evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Cardin's reaction to Mary's allegations?
2. Who arrives unexpectedly at the Tilford house?
3. What guest is expected at the Tilford home?
4. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
5. Who does Karen reluctantly agree to allow in the house?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)