|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) car is making funny noises.
(b) commitment to the school will not change.
(c) the end of year picnic is all planned.
(d) the furnace is going out.
2. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
(a) Leaning her head back.
(b) Filing her nails.
(c) Listening to a recitation.
(d) Sitting in a big chair.
3. Who reprimands Mary during her crying fit?
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
4. With whom does Karen discuss Mary's disruptive behavior?
(c) Mary Ann.
5. What does Mrs. Tilford decide to do after Mary persists in her claims about Karen and Martha?
(a) Ground Mary for lying.
(b) Send Mary back to school immediately.
(c) Investigate the claims.
(d) Demand the immediate resignation of the headmistresses.
6. Agatha is used to Mary's ___________________.
(b) cunning behavior.
(c) study habits.
7. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
(a) malicious behavior.
8. What does Mrs. Tilford declare about Mary?
(a) She will be driven back to school.
(b) She can stay home as long as she likes.
(c) She should at least stay for dinner.
(d) She is never going back to that school.
9. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
(a) Wright Way School.
(b) Wright-Wrong School.
(c) Wright Brothers School.
(d) Wright-Dobie School.
10. The school was founded by ___________________.
(a) Two single women.
(b) A university professor.
(c) A board of businessmen.
(d) A group of philanthropists.
11. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(b) Alcohol abuse.
(c) Abused as a child.
(d) Emotional disturbance.
12. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Run away with her boyfriend.
(b) Leave the school.
(c) Marry the next boy she meets.
(d) Cut off all her hair.
13. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He puts on classical music.
(b) He takes her to dinner.
(c) He pours her a drink.
(d) He embraces her.
14. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
(c) New Hampshire.
15. What role does evil serve in good vs. evil dramas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do upon hearing her punishment?
2. How many acts are in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
3. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
4. Mary has a history of _________________.
5. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)