|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
(b) More than enough.
(c) Just the right amount.
(d) Just a little bit.
2. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She has to leave the school.
(b) She deserves a raise.
(c) She needs a long vacation.
(d) She should retire next year.
3. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
4. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
(a) A vase.
(b) A book.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A shoe.
5. How many acts are in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
6. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
(a) foster home.
(b) loving home.
(c) negative environment.
(d) boarding school.
7. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
(a) Creating such turmoil at the school.
(b) Biting her nails.
(c) Faking heart attacks.
(d) Drinking beer.
8. How can Mrs. Tilford be characterized?
9. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
(a) To get her a French tutor.
(b) To separate her from her cohorts.
(c) To expel her from school.
(d) To get her to a psychiatrist.
10. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
(a) She has asthma.
(b) She has a heart murmur.
(c) She has low blood pressure.
(d) She is in perfect health.
11. Who is Karen's fiance?
(a) Dr. Jim Bellevue.
(b) Dr. James Hall.
(c) Dr. Joseph Cardoff.
(d) Dr. Joe Cardin.
12. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) car is making funny noises.
(b) the furnace is going out.
(c) commitment to the school will not change.
(d) the end of year picnic is all planned.
13. What was the topic of THE CRUCIBLE?
(b) Women's rights.
(c) Witch trials.
(d) The Civil War.
14. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
(a) Her grandmother's home.
(b) The family cottage.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Her mother's home.
15. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Professor Carlini.
(b) Mr. Truman.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
2. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
3. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
4. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
5. What is the vow made by the student?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)