|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(a) Abusive upbringing.
(b) Inner turmoil.
2. Mrs. Tilford's demeanor can be characterized as ______________.
3. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Leave the school.
(b) Run away with her boyfriend.
(c) Cut off all her hair.
(d) Marry the next boy she meets.
4. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
(a) To take her to the theatre.
(b) To convince her to take French.
(c) To talk about her plans for the summer.
(d) To determine the cause of her latest illness.
5. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
(a) Wright Way School.
(b) Wright Brothers School.
(c) Wright-Dobie School.
(d) Wright-Wrong School.
6. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
(a) Mary's grandmother.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mary's father.
7. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
(a) Only Mary.
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) All the girls at school.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
8. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Going to Europe this summer.
(b) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
(c) Learning to speak French.
(d) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
9. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
(a) Martha is not as smart as Karen.
(b) Martha is not as pretty as Karen.
(c) Martha has inappropriate feelings for Karen.
(d) Martha has always been fat and ugly.
10. What have the girls heard coming from the bedroom door?
(a) A TV.
(b) Unusual noises.
(c) An alarm clock.
11. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) A few of the girls.
12. Who is Mrs. Munn?
(a) The wife of Mrs. Tilford's husband's business partner.
(b) The mother of one of the girls at school.
(c) The housekeeper at the school.
(d) Mrs. Tilford's seamstress.
13. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
14. What does Mary do upon hearing her punishment?
(b) Falls on the floor claiming a heart attack.
(c) Screams and runs away.
(d) Throws a vase of flowers.
15. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
(a) Karen Kay.
(b) Karen Wright.
(c) Karen Dobie.
(d) Karen Mortar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What claims does Mary make?
2. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
3. Who raised Mary?
4. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
5. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)