|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
(a) To get attention.
(b) To write better stories.
(c) To add interest to her boring life.
(d) To practice her acting skills.
2. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
(a) A few of the girls.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
3. What was the topic of THE CRUCIBLE?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Women's rights.
(d) Witch trials.
4. Which of the girls is reciting Shakespeare to Mrs. Mortar?
5. How have the witnesses viewed the inappropriate behavior?
(a) Through a crack in a door.
(b) Through an open window.
(c) Through a keyhole.
(d) With a telescope.
6. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
(a) Just a little bit.
(b) Just the right amount.
(d) More than enough.
7. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
(c) New Hampshire.
8. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
(a) foster home.
(b) loving home.
(c) negative environment.
(d) boarding school.
9. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
(c) malicious behavior.
10. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
11. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations?
(a) She believes every word.
(b) She ignores them.
(c) She asks her to repeat them.
(d) She asks for details.
12. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
(a) They drink beer in school.
(b) They do drugs on their lunch hour.
(c) They exhibit inappropriate behavior.
(d) They smoke in bed.
13. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A book.
(c) A vase.
(d) A pillow.
14. Who reprimands Mary during her crying fit?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
15. What type of building houses the school?
(b) Converted farmhouse.
(c) Townhouse in the city.
(d) Abandoned schoolhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acts are in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
2. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
3. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
4. Mary has a history of _________________.
5. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)