|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
(a) Mary Tilford.
(b) Mary Hall.
(c) Mary Grant.
(d) Mary Tipton.
2. Who is one of the women who founded the school?
(a) Martha Wilson.
(b) Martha Dobie.
(c) Martha Vineyard.
(d) Martha Washington.
3. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) the end of year picnic is all planned.
(b) commitment to the school will not change.
(c) the furnace is going out.
(d) car is making funny noises.
4. What does Mary give to Mrs. Mortar?
5. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
(a) Working on projects.
(d) Eating lunch.
6. What is the name of Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Tillman.
(c) Mrs. Teaford.
(d) Mrs. Tinkham.
7. What has Dr. Cardin asked Mrs. Mortar to do which irritates her?
(a) Pick up his laundry.
(b) Make a pot of coffee.
(c) Vacuum the study room.
(d) Leave the room where Mary is resting.
8. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
9. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
10. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is expelled.
(b) She is broke.
(c) She is homesick.
(d) She is ill.
11. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
(b) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
(c) Learning to speak French.
(d) Going to Europe this summer.
12. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
(a) New Hampshire.
13. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
14. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
15. The girls at school are troubled because _________________________.
(a) the Spring Fling dance may be cancelled.
(b) the boys' school has a new curfew.
(c) they have witnessed the inappropriate behavior.
(d) Summer vacation is shorter this year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
2. How can Mary's behavior be characterized?
3. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
4. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
5. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)