|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the girls heard coming from the bedroom door?
(a) A TV.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) Unusual noises.
2. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
3. What is the name of Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Tillman.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Mrs. Tinkham.
(d) Mrs. Teaford.
4. What has happened to Mary's vow?
(a) She has abandoned it.
(b) She has followed through on it.
(c) She will start tomorrow.
(d) She is thinking it over.
5. Which of the students has made a vow to do something?
6. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
(b) Mrs. Lily Fair.
(c) Mrs. Rose Morton.
(d) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
7. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Learning to speak French.
(b) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
(c) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
(d) Going to Europe this summer.
8. The school was founded by ___________________.
(a) A university professor.
(b) A board of businessmen.
(c) Two single women.
(d) A group of philanthropists.
9. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
(a) They exhibit inappropriate behavior.
(b) They do drugs on their lunch hour.
(c) They smoke in bed.
(d) They drink beer in school.
10. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
11. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
(a) Wright Way School.
(b) Wright Brothers School.
(c) Wright-Wrong School.
(d) Wright-Dobie School.
12. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) The Crucible
(c) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(d) The Witches of Eastwick.
13. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
14. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
15. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(a) Inner turmoil.
(d) Abusive upbringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
2. How is Mrs. Mortar related to Martha?
3. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
4. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
5. Who is Mrs. Munn?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)