|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
2. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) A few of the girls.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
3. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
(a) She has low blood pressure.
(b) She has asthma.
(c) She is in perfect health.
(d) She has a heart murmur.
4. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Mary's grandmother.
(d) Mary's father.
5. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Leave the school.
(b) Marry the next boy she meets.
(c) Cut off all her hair.
(d) Run away with her boyfriend.
6. What has happened to Mary's vow?
(a) She will start tomorrow.
(b) She has followed through on it.
(c) She is thinking it over.
(d) She has abandoned it.
7. What is the age range of the girls in the opening act?
8. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
(a) negative environment.
(b) boarding school.
(c) foster home.
(d) loving home.
9. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He takes her to dinner.
(b) He pours her a drink.
(c) He puts on classical music.
(d) He embraces her.
10. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is broke.
(b) She is expelled.
(c) She is homesick.
(d) She is ill.
11. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
(a) A book.
(b) A vase.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A pillow.
12. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
(a) Just a little bit.
(b) More than enough.
(d) Just the right amount.
13. How can Mrs. Tilford be characterized?
14. Who does Mary coerce for money?
(c) Mary Ann.
15. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
(b) Karen and Martha.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations?
2. Who reprimands Mary during her crying fit?
3. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
4. Who raised Mary?
5. What is Mary relentless in doing?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)