|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She should retire next year.
(b) She has to leave the school.
(c) She needs a long vacation.
(d) She deserves a raise.
2. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(a) Abused as a child.
(b) Alcohol abuse.
(d) Emotional disturbance.
3. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Learning to speak French.
(b) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
(c) Going to Europe this summer.
(d) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
4. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He pours her a drink.
(b) He takes her to dinner.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He puts on classical music.
5. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is expelled.
(b) She is homesick.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is broke.
6. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
(a) Mary Tipton.
(b) Mary Grant.
(c) Mary Hall.
(d) Mary Tilford.
7. Which of the students has made a vow to do something?
8. The school was founded by ___________________.
(a) A board of businessmen.
(b) A group of philanthropists.
(c) A university professor.
(d) Two single women.
9. Who does Mary coerce for money?
(d) Mary Ann.
10. What does Mrs. Tilford decide to do after Mary persists in her claims about Karen and Martha?
(a) Send Mary back to school immediately.
(b) Demand the immediate resignation of the headmistresses.
(c) Ground Mary for lying.
(d) Investigate the claims.
11. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
(a) Biting her nails.
(b) Faking heart attacks.
(c) Creating such turmoil at the school.
(d) Drinking beer.
12. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
(a) The family cottage.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Her grandmother's home.
(d) Her mother's home.
13. What is the name of Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Teaford.
(b) Mrs. Tinkham.
(c) Mrs. Tillman.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
14. How is Dr. Cardin related to Mary Tilford?
15. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Rose Morton.
(b) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
(d) Mrs. Lily Fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations?
2. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
3. In what room of the school does the play begin?
4. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
5. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)