|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mrs. Mortar related to Martha?
2. Where is Mrs. Mortar's home?
3. In what room of the school does the play begin?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The gym.
(c) The library.
(d) The study room.
4. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
(a) They do drugs on their lunch hour.
(b) They exhibit inappropriate behavior.
(c) They drink beer in school.
(d) They smoke in bed.
5. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
6. What is the stereotypical definition of New England mores?
7. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
(a) All the girls at school.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Only Mary.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
8. How is Dr. Cardin related to Mary Tilford?
9. Who does Mary say she misses?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her mother.
10. Who is Mrs. Munn?
(a) The wife of Mrs. Tilford's husband's business partner.
(b) Mrs. Tilford's seamstress.
(c) The housekeeper at the school.
(d) The mother of one of the girls at school.
11. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
(a) Karen Davis.
(b) Karen Wright.
(c) Karen Dobie.
(d) Karen Wilson.
12. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
13. How can Mary's behavior be characterized?
14. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
(a) Kitchen duty for two weeks.
(b) No phone privileges for two weeks.
(c) Tutoring duties for two weeks.
(d) Confinement to the school grounds for two weeks.
15. What arouses Mrs. Tilford's suspicions about Mary's accusations?
(a) Mary swears on her mother's grave.
(b) Mary produces witnesses.
(c) Mary is insistent.
(d) Mary has a tape recording.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
2. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
3. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
4. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
5. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)