|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
(a) Working on projects.
(d) Eating lunch.
2. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is expelled.
(c) She is broke.
(d) She is homesick.
3. What has Dr. Cardin asked Mrs. Mortar to do which irritates her?
(a) Make a pot of coffee.
(b) Vacuum the study room.
(c) Leave the room where Mary is resting.
(d) Pick up his laundry.
4. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
(c) Young girls.
(d) Angry husbands.
5. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
(a) Her grandmother's home.
(b) Her mother's home.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The family cottage.
6. What is the name of Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Tinkham.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Mrs. Tillman.
(d) Mrs. Teaford.
7. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He puts on classical music.
(b) He pours her a drink.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He takes her to dinner.
8. For what does Mrs. Tilford reprimand Mary?
(a) Getting expelled.
(b) Smoking marijuana.
(c) Drinking beer.
(d) Her malicious behavior.
9. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
10. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Lily Fair.
(b) Mrs. Rose Morton.
(c) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
(d) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
11. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
(a) Karen Mortar.
(b) Karen Kay.
(c) Karen Wright.
(d) Karen Dobie.
12. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
(a) The maid.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) Mr. Tilford.
13. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
(a) Martha is not as pretty as Karen.
(b) Martha is not as smart as Karen.
(c) Martha has inappropriate feelings for Karen.
(d) Martha has always been fat and ugly.
14. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Karen and Martha.
15. Who raised Mary?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
2. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
3. Who does Mary coerce for money?
4. Who does Mary say she misses?
5. How have the witnesses viewed the inappropriate behavior?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)