|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Leave the school.
(b) Run away with her boyfriend.
(c) Cut off all her hair.
(d) Marry the next boy she meets.
2. Where is Mrs. Mortar's home?
3. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Montague.
(b) Mrs. Munn.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Mrs. Nunn.
4. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) the furnace is going out.
(b) the end of year picnic is all planned.
(c) commitment to the school will not change.
(d) car is making funny noises.
5. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She has to leave the school.
(b) She deserves a raise.
(c) She needs a long vacation.
(d) She should retire next year.
6. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
(b) Learning to speak French.
(c) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
(d) Going to Europe this summer.
7. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations?
(a) She believes every word.
(b) She asks for details.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She asks her to repeat them.
8. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
(a) Wright-Dobie School.
(b) Wright Brothers School.
(c) Wright-Wrong School.
(d) Wright Way School.
9. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
10. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
(a) She is in perfect health.
(b) She has asthma.
(c) She has low blood pressure.
(d) She has a heart murmur.
11. Who is Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Mrs. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) Mrs. Dobie.
12. Mrs. Tilford's demeanor can be characterized as ______________.
13. How can Mary's behavior be characterized?
14. Who is Mrs. Munn?
(a) The housekeeper at the school.
(b) Mrs. Tilford's seamstress.
(c) The wife of Mrs. Tilford's husband's business partner.
(d) The mother of one of the girls at school.
15. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agatha question Mary?
2. What does Mrs. Tilford declare about Mary?
3. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
4. How have the witnesses viewed the inappropriate behavior?
5. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)