|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tilford decide to do after Mary persists in her claims about Karen and Martha?
(a) Demand the immediate resignation of the headmistresses.
(b) Ground Mary for lying.
(c) Send Mary back to school immediately.
(d) Investigate the claims.
2. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
3. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
(a) negative environment.
(b) foster home.
(c) loving home.
(d) boarding school.
4. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
(a) No phone privileges for two weeks.
(b) Confinement to the school grounds for two weeks.
(c) Tutoring duties for two weeks.
(d) Kitchen duty for two weeks.
5. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Rose Morton.
(b) Mrs. Lily Fair.
(c) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
(d) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
6. Who is Mrs. Munn?
(a) The housekeeper at the school.
(b) The wife of Mrs. Tilford's husband's business partner.
(c) The mother of one of the girls at school.
(d) Mrs. Tilford's seamstress.
7. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Working on projects.
8. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
(a) To practice her acting skills.
(b) To add interest to her boring life.
(c) To write better stories.
(d) To get attention.
9. What type of building houses the school?
(a) Converted farmhouse.
(c) Abandoned schoolhouse.
(d) Townhouse in the city.
10. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He puts on classical music.
(b) He pours her a drink.
(c) He takes her to dinner.
(d) He embraces her.
11. What role does evil serve in good vs. evil dramas?
12. How many acts are in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
13. With whom does Karen discuss Mary's disruptive behavior?
(c) Mary Ann.
14. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) The maid.
15. Who is Mrs. Tilford's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reprimands Mary during her crying fit?
2. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
3. What does Mrs. Tilford declare about Mary?
4. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
5. Why does Agatha question Mary?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)