|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
(a) Confinement to the school grounds for two weeks.
(b) Kitchen duty for two weeks.
(c) No phone privileges for two weeks.
(d) Tutoring duties for two weeks.
2. Where has the alleged inappropriate behavior taken place?
(a) A library.
(b) A car.
(c) A bar.
(d) A bedroom.
3. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Nunn.
(b) Mrs. Montague.
(c) Mrs. Munn.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
4. Which of the students has made a vow to do something?
5. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
(a) Wright Way School.
(b) Wright-Dobie School.
(c) Wright-Wrong School.
(d) Wright Brothers School.
6. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
7. With whom does Karen discuss Mary's disruptive behavior?
(c) Mary Ann.
8. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
9. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He takes her to dinner.
(c) He pours her a drink.
(d) He puts on classical music.
10. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
(a) They do drugs on their lunch hour.
(b) They smoke in bed.
(c) They drink beer in school.
(d) They exhibit inappropriate behavior.
11. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
(a) Mary Tilford.
(b) Mary Grant.
(c) Mary Tipton.
(d) Mary Hall.
12. How can Mary's behavior be characterized?
13. What arouses Mrs. Tilford's suspicions about Mary's accusations?
(a) Mary produces witnesses.
(b) Mary swears on her mother's grave.
(c) Mary is insistent.
(d) Mary has a tape recording.
14. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
(a) negative environment.
(b) boarding school.
(c) loving home.
(d) foster home.
15. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is homesick.
(c) She is broke.
(d) She is expelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary relentless in doing?
2. Who does Mary say she misses?
3. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
4. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
5. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)