|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The school was founded by ___________________.
(a) A group of philanthropists.
(b) Two single women.
(c) A board of businessmen.
(d) A university professor.
2. How is Mrs. Mortar related to Martha?
3. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
(b) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
(c) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(d) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
4. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
(a) A book.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A vase.
5. What arouses Mrs. Tilford's suspicions about Mary's accusations?
(a) Mary is insistent.
(b) Mary produces witnesses.
(c) Mary has a tape recording.
(d) Mary swears on her mother's grave.
6. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is expelled.
(b) She is homesick.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is broke.
7. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
(a) Mary Grant.
(b) Mary Tilford.
(c) Mary Hall.
(d) Mary Tipton.
8. How many acts are in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
9. Who is Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Mrs. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Dobie.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
10. What role does evil serve in good vs. evil dramas?
11. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
(a) To expel her from school.
(b) To separate her from her cohorts.
(c) To get her to a psychiatrist.
(d) To get her a French tutor.
12. What was the topic of THE CRUCIBLE?
(b) Witch trials.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) Women's rights.
13. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
(a) Confinement to the school grounds for two weeks.
(b) Tutoring duties for two weeks.
(c) No phone privileges for two weeks.
(d) Kitchen duty for two weeks.
14. Who does Mary coerce for money?
(b) Mary Ann.
15. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
(a) Wright-Dobie School.
(b) Wright-Wrong School.
(c) Wright Brothers School.
(d) Wright Way School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the girls is reciting Shakespeare to Mrs. Mortar?
2. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
3. How can Mrs. Tilford be characterized?
4. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
5. What is the age range of the girls in the opening act?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)