|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
(a) Karen Dobie.
(b) Karen Davis.
(c) Karen Wright.
(d) Karen Wilson.
2. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
3. Why does Agatha question Mary?
(a) She doesn't have any luggage.
(b) Her clothes are all wet.
(c) Her shoes are muddy.
(d) Her arrival is unexpected.
4. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
(a) To expel her from school.
(b) To separate her from her cohorts.
(c) To get her to a psychiatrist.
(d) To get her a French tutor.
5. How many acts are in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
6. How have the witnesses viewed the inappropriate behavior?
(a) Through an open window.
(b) With a telescope.
(c) Through a crack in a door.
(d) Through a keyhole.
7. Who is one of the women who founded the school?
(a) Martha Dobie.
(b) Martha Washington.
(c) Martha Vineyard.
(d) Martha Wilson.
8. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
(a) She is in perfect health.
(b) She has asthma.
(c) She has low blood pressure.
(d) She has a heart murmur.
9. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
10. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) A few of the girls.
11. What is the age range of the girls in the opening act?
12. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(b) Mr. Truman.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Professor Carlini.
13. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
(a) Her mother's home.
(b) Her grandmother's home.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The family cottage.
14. The girls at school are troubled because _________________________.
(a) Summer vacation is shorter this year.
(b) the boys' school has a new curfew.
(c) they have witnessed the inappropriate behavior.
(d) the Spring Fling dance may be cancelled.
15. In what room of the school does the play begin?
(a) The study room.
(b) The library.
(c) The gym.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
2. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
3. The school was founded by ___________________.
4. What is the vow made by the student?
5. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)