|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
(a) To write better stories.
(b) To practice her acting skills.
(c) To get attention.
(d) To add interest to her boring life.
2. Mary has a history of _________________.
(a) asthma attacks.
(c) excellent grades.
(d) fainting spells.
3. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
(a) Karen Kay.
(b) Karen Dobie.
(c) Karen Wright.
(d) Karen Mortar.
4. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
5. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She deserves a raise.
(b) She needs a long vacation.
(c) She has to leave the school.
(d) She should retire next year.
6. What does Mrs. Tilford declare about Mary?
(a) She will be driven back to school.
(b) She is never going back to that school.
(c) She should at least stay for dinner.
(d) She can stay home as long as she likes.
7. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Karen and Martha.
8. Agatha is used to Mary's ___________________.
(b) cunning behavior.
(d) study habits.
9. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) The butler.
(c) The maid.
(d) Mr. Tilford.
10. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
(a) boarding school.
(b) negative environment.
(c) foster home.
(d) loving home.
11. Which of the students has made a vow to do something?
12. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
13. How can Mrs. Tilford be characterized?
14. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
(b) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Lily Fair.
(d) Mrs. Rose Morton.
15. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
(a) Mary's father.
(b) Mary's grandmother.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
2. Who is Mary's grandmother?
3. Who does Mary coerce for money?
4. What has happened to Mary's vow?
5. Who is Mrs. Tilford's maid?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)