|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Mrs. Tilford be characterized?
2. Where has the alleged inappropriate behavior taken place?
(a) A library.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) A car.
(d) A bar.
3. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(b) Abusive upbringing.
(c) Inner turmoil.
4. The girls at school are troubled because _________________________.
(a) they have witnessed the inappropriate behavior.
(b) the Spring Fling dance may be cancelled.
(c) the boys' school has a new curfew.
(d) Summer vacation is shorter this year.
5. Who does Mary coerce for money?
(c) Mary Ann.
6. What does Mary give to Mrs. Mortar?
7. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(b) Professor Carlini.
(c) Mr. Truman.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
8. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
9. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
10. Which of the girls is reciting Shakespeare to Mrs. Mortar?
11. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
(a) To separate her from her cohorts.
(b) To get her a French tutor.
(c) To get her to a psychiatrist.
(d) To expel her from school.
12. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Munn.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Montague.
(d) Mrs. Nunn.
13. Who is Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Mrs. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Dobie.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
14. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
(a) The Witches of Eastwick.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(d) The Crucible
15. When is Mary to be taken back to school?
(a) Tomorrow morning.
(c) After the school holiday.
(d) Monday morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
2. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
3. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
4. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
5. Where is Mrs. Mortar's home?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)