|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
2. Where has the alleged inappropriate behavior taken place?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) A bar.
(c) A car.
(d) A library.
3. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Karen and Martha.
4. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
5. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Nunn.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Montague.
(d) Mrs. Munn.
6. How is Mrs. Mortar related to Martha?
7. What type of building houses the school?
(b) Converted farmhouse.
(c) Abandoned schoolhouse.
(d) Townhouse in the city.
8. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Professor Carlini.
(b) Mr. Truman.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
9. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
(a) malicious behavior.
10. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is homesick.
(b) She is broke.
(c) She is expelled.
(d) She is ill.
11. For what does Mrs. Tilford reprimand Mary?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Her malicious behavior.
(c) Drinking beer.
(d) Getting expelled.
12. Who is Mrs. Munn?
(a) Mrs. Tilford's seamstress.
(b) The mother of one of the girls at school.
(c) The housekeeper at the school.
(d) The wife of Mrs. Tilford's husband's business partner.
13. Who is Karen's fiance?
(a) Dr. Joe Cardin.
(b) Dr. Joseph Cardoff.
(c) Dr. James Hall.
(d) Dr. Jim Bellevue.
14. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) commitment to the school will not change.
(b) the furnace is going out.
(c) the end of year picnic is all planned.
(d) car is making funny noises.
15. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He resists.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He agrees to do it.
(d) He agrees to think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
2. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
3. Which of the girls is reciting Shakespeare to Mrs. Mortar?
4. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
5. Who raised Mary?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)