|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How have the witnesses viewed the inappropriate behavior?
(a) With a telescope.
(b) Through a keyhole.
(c) Through an open window.
(d) Through a crack in a door.
2. What claims does Mary make about school?
(a) The music lessons have been dropped.
(b) The food is terrible.
(c) She is mistreated.
(d) The buildings are falling down.
3. Who reprimands Mary during her crying fit?
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
4. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
(a) Her grandmother's home.
(b) The family cottage.
(c) Her mother's home.
(d) A hotel.
5. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
(a) The Crucible
(b) The Witches of Eastwick.
(c) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(d) Independence Day.
6. What have the girls heard coming from the bedroom door?
(a) A TV.
(b) Unusual noises.
(c) An alarm clock.
7. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
8. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
(a) A vase.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A book.
(d) A shoe.
9. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
(a) Wright-Wrong School.
(b) Wright Brothers School.
(c) Wright Way School.
(d) Wright-Dobie School.
10. In what room of the school does the play begin?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The gym.
(c) The library.
(d) The study room.
11. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) All the girls at school.
(d) Only Mary.
12. Mrs. Tilford's demeanor can be characterized as ______________.
13. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
(a) Leaning her head back.
(b) Filing her nails.
(c) Listening to a recitation.
(d) Sitting in a big chair.
14. Who does Mary say she misses?
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
15. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
2. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
3. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
4. Who is Mary's grandmother?
5. When is Mary to be taken back to school?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)