|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary has a history of _________________.
(a) asthma attacks.
(b) fainting spells.
(c) excellent grades.
2. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
(a) The Crucible
(b) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(c) The Witches of Eastwick.
(d) Independence Day.
3. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Lily Fair.
(b) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Rose Morton.
(d) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
4. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) commitment to the school will not change.
(b) car is making funny noises.
(c) the end of year picnic is all planned.
(d) the furnace is going out.
5. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
(a) Karen and Martha.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
6. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
7. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Nunn.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Montague.
(d) Mrs. Munn.
8. What has Dr. Cardin asked Mrs. Mortar to do which irritates her?
(a) Pick up his laundry.
(b) Make a pot of coffee.
(c) Vacuum the study room.
(d) Leave the room where Mary is resting.
9. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
(a) Kitchen duty for two weeks.
(b) No phone privileges for two weeks.
(c) Confinement to the school grounds for two weeks.
(d) Tutoring duties for two weeks.
10. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
(a) The butler.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) The maid.
(d) Mr. Tilford.
11. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
12. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
(a) Karen Dobie.
(b) Karen Wright.
(c) Karen Wilson.
(d) Karen Davis.
13. Which of the students has made a vow to do something?
14. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
(a) The family cottage.
(b) Her grandmother's home.
(c) Her mother's home.
(d) A hotel.
15. The school was founded by ___________________.
(a) A group of philanthropists.
(b) Two single women.
(c) A university professor.
(d) A board of businessmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
2. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
3. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
4. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
5. What claims does Mary make about school?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)