|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Karen discuss Mary's disruptive behavior?
(d) Mary Ann.
2. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
(d) New Hampshire.
3. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
(a) Wright-Wrong School.
(b) Wright Brothers School.
(c) Wright Way School.
(d) Wright-Dobie School.
4. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
5. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Karen and Martha.
6. In what room of the school does the play begin?
(a) The study room.
(b) The gym.
(c) The library.
(d) The kitchen.
7. When is Mary to be taken back to school?
(a) After the school holiday.
(b) Tomorrow morning.
(d) Monday morning.
8. The girls at school are troubled because _________________________.
(a) they have witnessed the inappropriate behavior.
(b) the boys' school has a new curfew.
(c) Summer vacation is shorter this year.
(d) the Spring Fling dance may be cancelled.
9. What has happened to Mary's vow?
(a) She has followed through on it.
(b) She is thinking it over.
(c) She will start tomorrow.
(d) She has abandoned it.
10. What was the topic of THE CRUCIBLE?
(a) The Civil War.
(c) Witch trials.
(d) Women's rights.
11. What is the name of Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Tillman.
(b) Mrs. Tinkham.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) Mrs. Teaford.
12. Who is Mrs. Munn?
(a) The housekeeper at the school.
(b) The mother of one of the girls at school.
(c) The wife of Mrs. Tilford's husband's business partner.
(d) Mrs. Tilford's seamstress.
13. For what does Mrs. Tilford reprimand Mary?
(a) Her malicious behavior.
(b) Smoking marijuana.
(c) Drinking beer.
(d) Getting expelled.
14. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
15. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What claims does Mary make?
2. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
3. Mrs. Tilford's demeanor can be characterized as ______________.
4. Agatha is used to Mary's ___________________.
5. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)