|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) the furnace is going out.
(b) the end of year picnic is all planned.
(c) car is making funny noises.
(d) commitment to the school will not change.
2. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(a) Inner turmoil.
(b) Abusive upbringing.
3. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
(a) She has asthma.
(b) She has low blood pressure.
(c) She has a heart murmur.
(d) She is in perfect health.
4. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
(d) New Hampshire.
5. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Marry the next boy she meets.
(b) Run away with her boyfriend.
(c) Leave the school.
(d) Cut off all her hair.
6. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
7. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
(a) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(b) The Crucible
(c) Independence Day.
(d) The Witches of Eastwick.
8. The school was founded by ___________________.
(a) Two single women.
(b) A board of businessmen.
(c) A group of philanthropists.
(d) A university professor.
9. How is Mrs. Mortar related to Martha?
10. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
(a) Wright-Wrong School.
(b) Wright-Dobie School.
(c) Wright Brothers School.
(d) Wright Way School.
11. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Going to Europe this summer.
(b) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
(c) Learning to speak French.
(d) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
12. Who is Karen's fiance?
(a) Dr. Jim Bellevue.
(b) Dr. James Hall.
(c) Dr. Joseph Cardoff.
(d) Dr. Joe Cardin.
13. Where has the alleged inappropriate behavior taken place?
(a) A library.
(b) A car.
(c) A bar.
(d) A bedroom.
14. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Nunn.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Montague.
(d) Mrs. Munn.
15. How have the witnesses viewed the inappropriate behavior?
(a) Through an open window.
(b) With a telescope.
(c) Through a crack in a door.
(d) Through a keyhole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
2. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
3. Who does Mary coerce for money?
4. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
5. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)