|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
(a) More than enough.
(b) Just the right amount.
(c) Just a little bit.
2. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is expelled.
(b) She is broke.
(c) She is homesick.
(d) She is ill.
3. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
4. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
5. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations?
(a) She asks for details.
(b) She asks her to repeat them.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She believes every word.
6. How have the witnesses viewed the inappropriate behavior?
(a) With a telescope.
(b) Through an open window.
(c) Through a crack in a door.
(d) Through a keyhole.
7. How many acts are in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
8. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Lily Fair.
(b) Mrs. Rose Morton.
(c) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
(d) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
9. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(b) Alcohol abuse.
(c) Abused as a child.
(d) Emotional disturbance.
10. Where has the alleged inappropriate behavior taken place?
(a) A library.
(b) A car.
(c) A bar.
(d) A bedroom.
11. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(b) Inner turmoil.
(c) Abusive upbringing.
12. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
13. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
(b) Angry husbands.
(c) Young girls.
14. What is the stereotypical definition of New England mores?
15. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
2. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
3. The girls at school are troubled because _________________________.
4. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
5. The school was founded by ___________________.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)