|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Tilford's demeanor can be characterized as ______________.
2. What type of building houses the school?
(a) Converted farmhouse.
(c) Abandoned schoolhouse.
(d) Townhouse in the city.
3. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
(a) She has asthma.
(b) She has low blood pressure.
(c) She has a heart murmur.
(d) She is in perfect health.
4. When is Mary to be taken back to school?
(a) Tomorrow morning.
(b) Monday morning.
(c) After the school holiday.
5. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Working on projects.
6. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
(a) A few of the girls.
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
7. Who is Karen's fiance?
(a) Dr. Joseph Cardoff.
(b) Dr. Joe Cardin.
(c) Dr. Jim Bellevue.
(d) Dr. James Hall.
8. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(b) Abused as a child.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
(d) Emotional disturbance.
9. Where has the alleged inappropriate behavior taken place?
(a) A library.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) A car.
(d) A bar.
10. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
11. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
(a) To expel her from school.
(b) To get her to a psychiatrist.
(c) To get her a French tutor.
(d) To separate her from her cohorts.
12. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Cut off all her hair.
(b) Marry the next boy she meets.
(c) Run away with her boyfriend.
(d) Leave the school.
13. Who raised Mary?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Mr. Tilford.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
14. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) car is making funny noises.
(b) the end of year picnic is all planned.
(c) commitment to the school will not change.
(d) the furnace is going out.
15. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
(a) They do drugs on their lunch hour.
(b) They drink beer in school.
(c) They exhibit inappropriate behavior.
(d) They smoke in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
2. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
3. Agatha is used to Mary's ___________________.
4. How is Dr. Cardin related to Mary Tilford?
5. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)