|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
2. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Learning to speak French.
(b) Going to Europe this summer.
(c) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
(d) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
3. When is Mary to be taken back to school?
(a) After the school holiday.
(c) Tomorrow morning.
(d) Monday morning.
4. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Mr. Truman.
(b) Professor Carlini.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
5. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) The maid.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) The butler.
6. Who does Mary coerce for money?
(a) Mary Ann.
7. Who is Karen's fiance?
(a) Dr. James Hall.
(b) Dr. Joseph Cardoff.
(c) Dr. Jim Bellevue.
(d) Dr. Joe Cardin.
8. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
(a) A hotel.
(b) Her mother's home.
(c) Her grandmother's home.
(d) The family cottage.
9. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
10. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He agrees to do it.
(c) He agrees to think about it.
(d) He resists.
11. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
(a) To expel her from school.
(b) To get her to a psychiatrist.
(c) To get her a French tutor.
(d) To separate her from her cohorts.
12. What type of building houses the school?
(b) Converted farmhouse.
(c) Abandoned schoolhouse.
(d) Townhouse in the city.
13. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(b) Inner turmoil.
(d) Abusive upbringing.
14. What accusations does Mary make about Karen and Martha?
(a) They smoke in bed.
(b) They do drugs on their lunch hour.
(c) They drink beer in school.
(d) They exhibit inappropriate behavior.
15. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Rose Morton.
(b) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
(d) Mrs. Lily Fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the school does the play begin?
2. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
3. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
4. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
5. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)