|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the only noise in the school now?
(a) A squeaky ceiling fan.
(b) A relentlessly ringing phone.
(c) A Grandfather clock.
(d) A noisy furnace.
2. How does Mary feel about Rosalie?
(a) She doesn't particularly like her.
(b) She is her best friend.
(c) She can take her or leave her.
(d) She can't stand her.
3. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
4. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
(b) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
(c) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(d) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
5. Why does Martha chastise Mrs. Mortar?
(a) For tracking mud into the house.
(b) For losing her keys.
(c) For not answering telegrams.
(d) For writing bad checks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second person Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
2. What is the literary technique used when Martha begins to examine her feelings for Karen after Mary's accusations surface?
3. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
4. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
5. What does Dr. Cardin plan for Martha?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)