|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stereotypical definition of New England mores?
2. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
(a) He appreciates the offer but can't accept it.
(b) He understands her concerns.
(c) He is outraged at the intrusion into his life.
(d) He is grateful for her generosity.
3. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) Sits on a window ledge.
(b) Makes a phone call.
(c) Opens a window.
(d) Goes to a window.
4. Who arrives unexpectedly at the Tilford house?
(a) Reverend Miller.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Karen and Martha.
(d) Professor Cardinal.
5. What has forced Martha to examine her feelings for Karen?
(a) Dr. Cardin's proposal to Karen.
(b) Being lonely.
(c) Mary's allegations.
(d) Growing older.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
2. What does Martha finally reveal to Karen after Dr. Cardin leaves?
3. Why does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
4. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
5. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)