|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is safe to say that Mary ______________________.
(a) will have to confess her sins.
(b) will behave maliciously for the rest of her life.
(c) will be sorry one day.
(d) doesn't even know what she has done wrong.
2. What has forced Martha to examine her feelings for Karen?
(a) Being lonely.
(b) Mary's allegations.
(c) Growing older.
(d) Dr. Cardin's proposal to Karen.
3. The school was founded by ___________________.
(a) A board of businessmen.
(b) A group of philanthropists.
(c) Two single women.
(d) A university professor.
4. What does Mrs. Tilford advise Martha and Karen to do?
(a) Move away.
(b) Explain everything to the girls.
(c) Get new students.
(d) Apologize to the parents.
5. How can Mary's behavior be characterized?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
2. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
3. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
4. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
5. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)