|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the school be described now?
(a) Starting over again.
(c) Burned down.
2. What are Karen and Martha hoping to avoid?
(a) Having to move away.
(b) Ridicule and shame.
(d) Leaving old friends.
3. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is broke.
(c) She is expelled.
(d) She is homesick.
4. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
5. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Packing clothes.
(b) Arranging flowers.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Making preparations for a guest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary say she misses?
2. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
3. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
4. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin to do?
5. What is the literary technique used when Martha begins to examine her feelings for Karen after Mary's accusations surface?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)