|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha beg Karen to do when she realizes Dr. Cardin is gone?
(a) Go after Dr. Cardin.
(b) Say good riddance to him.
(c) Say she has loved her all along.
(d) Call him when she gets settled.
2. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Karen about Mary?
(a) She has been cut out of her will.
(b) She regrets the lies she told.
(c) She lied and coerced Rosalie to lie also.
(d) She has been sent away to boarding school.
3. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(b) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
(c) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
(d) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
4. What does Mary do to scare Rosalie?
(a) Jumps out at her.
(b) Throws a book at her.
(c) Makes noises.
5. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stereotypical definition of New England mores?
2. What has happened to Mary's vow?
3. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
4. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Dr. Cardin about his marriage to Karen?
5. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)