|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
2. What does Mary do upon hearing her punishment?
(b) Screams and runs away.
(c) Throws a vase of flowers.
(d) Falls on the floor claiming a heart attack.
3. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Packing clothes.
(b) Arranging flowers.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Making preparations for a guest.
4. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
(a) Her mother's home.
(b) Her grandmother's home.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The family cottage.
5. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
(a) not a public topic.
(c) a sin.
(d) in vogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the girls heard coming from the bedroom door?
2. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
3. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
4. What is Mary doing as Rosalie enters the living room?
5. Who is one of the women who founded the school?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)