|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
(a) Blackmails her.
(b) Curls her hair.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Teaches her to dance.
2. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
(a) Only Mary.
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) All the girls at school.
3. What does Mrs. Tilford advise Martha and Karen to do?
(a) Move away.
(b) Get new students.
(c) Explain everything to the girls.
(d) Apologize to the parents.
4. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
5. What do the adults' reactions validate in Mary?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her timidity.
(c) Her malicious behavior.
(d) Her generosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
2. What is the stereotypical definition of New England mores?
3. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
4. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
5. In what room of the school does the play begin?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)