|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karen and Martha's intention at the Tilford house?
(a) Attend a cocktail party.
(b) Talk about Mary's grades.
(c) Speak to the Garden Club.
(d) Confront Mrs. Tilford.
2. To what can Mary's malicious destruction be compared?
(a) A flood sweeping everything away.
(b) A tornado flattening the landscape.
(c) Acid eating away at something.
(d) A fire that reduces everything to embers.
3. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Packing clothes.
(b) Making preparations for a guest.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Arranging flowers.
4. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
(a) Young girls.
(d) Angry husbands.
5. What does Mrs. Tilford decide to do after Mary persists in her claims about Karen and Martha?
(a) Ground Mary for lying.
(b) Demand the immediate resignation of the headmistresses.
(c) Send Mary back to school immediately.
(d) Investigate the claims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
2. What has happened to Mary's vow?
3. What is the name of the guest expected at the Tilford home?
4. What is the age range of the girls in the opening act?
5. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)