|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
(a) Martha has always been fat and ugly.
(b) Martha is not as pretty as Karen.
(c) Martha has inappropriate feelings for Karen.
(d) Martha is not as smart as Karen.
2. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
3. When is Mary to be taken back to school?
(a) Tomorrow morning.
(b) Monday morning.
(d) After the school holiday.
4. What type of building houses the school?
(b) Townhouse in the city.
(c) Converted farmhouse.
(d) Abandoned schoolhouse.
5. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
(a) Only Mary.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) All the girls at school.
(d) Dr. Cardin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
2. How can Mrs. Tilford be characterized?
3. The girls at school are troubled because _________________________.
4. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
5. What is Mary relentless in doing?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)