|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dr. Cardin asked Mrs. Mortar to do which irritates her?
(a) Leave the room where Mary is resting.
(b) Pick up his laundry.
(c) Make a pot of coffee.
(d) Vacuum the study room.
2. Who is Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Mrs. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) Mrs. Dobie.
3. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
(a) Mr. Tilford.
(b) The maid.
(c) The butler.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
4. What does Mrs. Tilford declare about Mary?
(a) She can stay home as long as she likes.
(b) She should at least stay for dinner.
(c) She is never going back to that school.
(d) She will be driven back to school.
5. For what does Mrs. Tilford reprimand Mary?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Drinking beer.
(c) Her malicious behavior.
(d) Getting expelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
2. What have the girls heard coming from the bedroom door?
3. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
4. Who does Mary claim to have mistreated her?
5. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)