|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
(a) Confinement to the school grounds for two weeks.
(b) No phone privileges for two weeks.
(c) Kitchen duty for two weeks.
(d) Tutoring duties for two weeks.
2. What is Mary relentless in doing?
(a) Getting on the cheerleading squad.
(b) Going to Europe this summer.
(c) Learning to speak French.
(d) Damaging the credibility of the headmistresses.
3. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
4. What is the name of Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Tinkham.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Mrs. Teaford.
(d) Mrs. Tillman.
5. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He resists.
(c) He agrees to do it.
(d) He agrees to think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
2. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
3. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
4. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
5. Where does Mary go when she runs away from the school?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)