|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the women who founded the school?
(a) Martha Wilson.
(b) Martha Vineyard.
(c) Martha Washington.
(d) Martha Dobie.
2. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
3. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She needs a long vacation.
(b) She has to leave the school.
(c) She should retire next year.
(d) She deserves a raise.
4. Who does Mary coerce for money?
(b) Mary Ann.
5. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
(a) To determine the cause of her latest illness.
(b) To convince her to take French.
(c) To take her to the theatre.
(d) To talk about her plans for the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
2. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
3. What does Mary give to Mrs. Mortar?
4. How is Dr. Cardin related to Mary Tilford?
5. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)