|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
2. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(c) A few of the girls.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
3. With whom does Karen discuss Mary's disruptive behavior?
(d) Mary Ann.
4. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He takes her to dinner.
(b) He pours her a drink.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He puts on classical music.
5. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
(b) Working on projects.
(d) Eating lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
2. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
3. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
4. What does Mary do upon hearing her punishment?
5. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)