|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
(a) Martha is not as smart as Karen.
(b) Martha is not as pretty as Karen.
(c) Martha has always been fat and ugly.
(d) Martha has inappropriate feelings for Karen.
2. Which of the girls is reciting Shakespeare to Mrs. Mortar?
3. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
(a) To determine the cause of her latest illness.
(b) To talk about her plans for the summer.
(c) To take her to the theatre.
(d) To convince her to take French.
4. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
(a) Mary's grandmother.
(b) Mary's father.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
5. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He takes her to dinner.
(c) He puts on classical music.
(d) He pours her a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the school does the play begin?
2. What does Mary do upon hearing her punishment?
3. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
4. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
5. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)