|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Mary's father.
(c) Mary's grandmother.
2. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
(b) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
(c) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(d) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
3. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He resists.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He agrees to think about it.
(d) He agrees to do it.
4. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
5. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A vase.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
2. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
3. Mary has a history of _________________.
4. In what room of the school does the play begin?
5. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)