|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
(a) To take her to the theatre.
(b) To determine the cause of her latest illness.
(c) To convince her to take French.
(d) To talk about her plans for the summer.
2. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
(a) Creating such turmoil at the school.
(b) Drinking beer.
(c) Faking heart attacks.
(d) Biting her nails.
3. Where is Mrs. Mortar's home?
4. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
5. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
2. What punishment does Karen inflict on Mary?
3. In what room of the school does the play begin?
4. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
5. The school was founded by ___________________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)