|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
2. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
(a) She has a heart murmur.
(b) She has asthma.
(c) She has low blood pressure.
(d) She is in perfect health.
3. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He puts on classical music.
(c) He pours her a drink.
(d) He takes her to dinner.
4. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
(a) A vase.
(b) A book.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A pillow.
5. Mary has a history of _________________.
(a) fainting spells.
(c) excellent grades.
(d) asthma attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
2. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
3. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
4. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
5. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)