|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) A few of the girls.
2. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
3. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
4. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
(a) To add interest to her boring life.
(b) To practice her acting skills.
(c) To write better stories.
(d) To get attention.
5. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Working on projects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
2. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
3. Who does Mary coerce for money?
4. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
5. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)