|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
(b) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
(c) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(d) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
2. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
(a) Drinking beer.
(b) Faking heart attacks.
(c) Creating such turmoil at the school.
(d) Biting her nails.
3. How is Mrs. Mortar related to Martha?
4. How many acts are in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
5. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
(a) He pours her a drink.
(b) He puts on classical music.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He takes her to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
2. In what room of the school does the play begin?
3. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
4. Which of the girls is reciting Shakespeare to Mrs. Mortar?
5. Who reprimands Mary during her crying fit?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)