|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary coerce for money?
(a) Mary Ann.
2. What does Mary give to Mrs. Mortar?
3. The school was founded by ___________________.
(a) A group of philanthropists.
(b) A university professor.
(c) A board of businessmen.
(d) Two single women.
4. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
(a) Listening to a recitation.
(b) Sitting in a big chair.
(c) Filing her nails.
(d) Leaning her head back.
5. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) the end of year picnic is all planned.
(b) car is making funny noises.
(c) the furnace is going out.
(d) commitment to the school will not change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age range of the girls in the opening act?
2. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
3. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
4. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
5. What has Dr. Cardin asked Mrs. Mortar to do which irritates her?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)