|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
(a) Mary Grant.
(b) Mary Tipton.
(c) Mary Hall.
(d) Mary Tilford.
2. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
(a) Drinking beer.
(b) Creating such turmoil at the school.
(c) Faking heart attacks.
(d) Biting her nails.
3. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(b) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
(c) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
(d) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
4. Martha asks Dr. Cardin to speak to _______________ about Mary's behavior.
(b) Mary's father.
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Mary's grandmother.
5. Who is Mary's grandmother?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Cardin.
(d) Mrs. Dobie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are the girls not doing at the play begins?
2. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
3. How is Dr. Cardin related to Mary Tilford?
4. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
5. How does Dr. Cardin attempt to comfort Martha?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)