|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Run away with her boyfriend.
(b) Cut off all her hair.
(c) Leave the school.
(d) Marry the next boy she meets.
2. Why do Karen and Martha want to talk to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) They want to confirm her grant to the school for next year.
(b) They would like her support in the next election.
(c) They are enlisting her help to organize a bake sale.
(d) She has encouraged all the parents to remove their daughters from the school.
3. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
(a) Karen Wilson.
(b) Karen Dobie.
(c) Karen Wright.
(d) Karen Davis.
4. Dr. Cardin believes that Mary is prone to _______________.
(c) coughing spells.
5. Which of the following is not something Dr. Cardin has done?
(a) Started drinking Scotch for lunch.
(b) Sold his house.
(c) Secured a position in Vienna.
(d) Plans to marry Karen right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
2. With what theme does the author end the play?
3. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
4. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
5. What guest is expected at the Tilford home?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)