|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha beg Karen to do when she realizes Dr. Cardin is gone?
(a) Go after Dr. Cardin.
(b) Say she has loved her all along.
(c) Say good riddance to him.
(d) Call him when she gets settled.
2. Which of the following does Mrs. Tilford not offer to Karen?
(a) Financial retribution.
(b) Payment of Martha's funeral expenses.
(c) A formal public apology.
(d) A reversal of the legal judgment.
3. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
4. What are Karen and Martha hoping to avoid?
(a) Having to move away.
(b) Leaving old friends.
(d) Ridicule and shame.
5. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He agrees to do it.
(b) He agrees to think about it.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He resists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha kill herself?
2. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
3. What is Agatha doing as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
4. What does Karen ask Dr. Cardin to do?
5. What does Mary do upon hearing her punishment?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)