|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tilford admit to Karen?
(a) She wants Karen and Martha to leave town immediately.
(b) She was wrong to let the case go to trial.
(c) She wants Karen to tutor Mary.
(d) She has a job for Mrs. Mortar.
2. Karen and Martha find it hard to ______________________.
(d) think about a different kind of life.
3. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
(a) not a public topic.
(b) in vogue.
(d) a sin.
4. Who is the woman who monitors the study room?
(a) Mrs. Lily Dobie.
(b) Mrs. Lily Fair.
(c) Mrs. Lily Mortar.
(d) Mrs. Rose Morton.
5. Who does Mary say she misses?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Karen and Martha find flaws in Mary's story?
2. What does Martha finally reveal to Karen after Dr. Cardin leaves?
3. What does Mary do upon hearing her punishment?
4. Who knocks on the door soon after Martha's body is discovered?
5. Who arrives unexpectedly at the Tilford house?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)