|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martha feel now about Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She is indifferent toward her.
(b) She loves her.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She can tolerate her.
2. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(c) Abusive upbringing.
(d) Inner turmoil.
3. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) A few of the girls.
(c) Dr. Cardin.
4. To what can Mary's malicious destruction be compared?
(a) A fire that reduces everything to embers.
(b) A flood sweeping everything away.
(c) A tornado flattening the landscape.
(d) Acid eating away at something.
5. What claims does Mary make about school?
(a) The food is terrible.
(b) The music lessons have been dropped.
(c) She is mistreated.
(d) The buildings are falling down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Mrs. Tilford be characterized?
2. How does Mary seem to Mrs. Tilford by this point?
3. How much money does Mary have to complete her expedition?
4. Who comes to the house occasionally?
5. Everything that Karen loved ____________________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)