|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Mortar not return to testify in the trial?
(a) She refused.
(b) She didn't think she could be of much help.
(c) She couldn't get a ship back in time.
(d) She did not get the telegrams.
2. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
(a) To practice her acting skills.
(b) To add interest to her boring life.
(c) To get attention.
(d) To write better stories.
3. What concluded ten days ago?
(a) A libel trial.
(b) Final exams.
(c) An FBI investigation.
(d) The school year.
4. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She deserves a raise.
(b) She should retire next year.
(c) She needs a long vacation.
(d) She has to leave the school.
5. Who questions Mary again about her story?
(a) Mr. Savoy.
(b) Dr. Cardin.
(c) Mrs. Munn.
(d) Professor Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Cardin asked Mrs. Mortar to do which irritates her?
2. Why do Karen and Martha want to talk to Mrs. Tilford?
3. What was the content of the telegrams sent to Mrs. Mortar?
4. How can the school be described now?
5. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)