|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tilford declare about Mary?
(a) She should at least stay for dinner.
(b) She can stay home as long as she likes.
(c) She will be driven back to school.
(d) She is never going back to that school.
2. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
3. What does Dr. Cardin state about Mary's health?
(a) She has asthma.
(b) She has a heart murmur.
(c) She is in perfect health.
(d) She has low blood pressure.
4. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
(a) Creating such turmoil at the school.
(b) Drinking beer.
(c) Faking heart attacks.
(d) Biting her nails.
5. Which of the following does Karen not do after talking to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) Opens a window.
(b) Sits on a window ledge.
(c) Goes to a window.
(d) Makes a phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha feel now about Mrs. Mortar?
2. Who emerges as the strongest character at the end of the play?
3. What does Mrs. Tilford admit to Karen?
4. Who is the only person the parents talk to before withdrawing their daughters from the school?
5. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)