|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She will sue the school.
(c) She passes them off.
(d) She is hurt.
2. How does Dr. Cardin react to Mrs. Tilford's statement about his marriage to Karen?
(a) He understands her concerns.
(b) He appreciates the offer but can't accept it.
(c) He is grateful for her generosity.
(d) He is outraged at the intrusion into his life.
3. What do Karen and Martha know about their careers now?
(a) They will start a new school in another state.
(b) They are both burned out on teaching.
(c) They are highly in demand now.
(d) There are few places they would be allowed to teach young girls.
4. Which of the students has made a vow to do something?
5. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
(a) in vogue.
(b) not a public topic.
(d) a sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age range of the girls in the opening act?
2. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
3. What does Mary do to Rosalie?
4. What was Mrs. Mortar's former profession?
5. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)