|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
(b) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
(c) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(d) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
2. What role does evil serve in good vs. evil dramas?
3. What claims does Mary make about school?
(a) The food is terrible.
(b) The buildings are falling down.
(c) The music lessons have been dropped.
(d) She is mistreated.
4. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
(a) She has to leave the school.
(b) She needs a long vacation.
(c) She deserves a raise.
(d) She should retire next year.
5. Karen tells Martha that her ________________________.
(a) the furnace is going out.
(b) car is making funny noises.
(c) commitment to the school will not change.
(d) the end of year picnic is all planned.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
2. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
3. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
4. How is Mrs. Mortar related to Martha?
5. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)