|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the women who founded the school?
(a) Martha Wilson.
(b) Martha Washington.
(c) Martha Vineyard.
(d) Martha Dobie.
2. When is Mary to be taken back to school?
(a) After the school holiday.
(c) Tomorrow morning.
(d) Monday morning.
3. What type of building houses the school?
(a) Townhouse in the city.
(b) Converted farmhouse.
(c) Abandoned schoolhouse.
4. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(a) Abused as a child.
(b) Emotional disturbance.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
5. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
(a) To convince her to take French.
(b) To take her to the theatre.
(c) To talk about her plans for the summer.
(d) To determine the cause of her latest illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Mortar's home?
2. Who questions Mary upon her arrival at the Tilford house?
3. Mrs. Tilford's demeanor can be characterized as ______________.
4. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
5. How can Mary's behavior be characterized?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)