|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
(a) To get attention.
(b) To practice her acting skills.
(c) To write better stories.
(d) To add interest to her boring life.
2. In what month of the year does Act 1 open?
3. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Professor Carlini.
(d) Mr. Truman.
4. The school was founded by ___________________.
(a) A group of philanthropists.
(b) A university professor.
(c) A board of businessmen.
(d) Two single women.
5. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
(a) loving home.
(b) foster home.
(c) boarding school.
(d) negative environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
2. Who is Mrs. Tilford's maid?
3. What does Mary do when she learns that she will be separated from her friends?
4. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
5. According to Mary, who knows about the behavior of Karen and Martha?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)