|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary give to Mrs. Mortar?
2. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
3. What type of building houses the school?
(a) Townhouse in the city.
(b) Converted farmhouse.
(c) Abandoned schoolhouse.
4. What does Mrs. Tilford advise Martha and Karen to do?
(a) Get new students.
(b) Explain everything to the girls.
(c) Move away.
(d) Apologize to the parents.
5. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
2. What claims does Mary make?
3. How does Agatha view Mary when she arrives unexpectedly?
4. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
5. Who sides with Martha and Karen?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)