|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the guest expected at the Tilford home?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
2. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
(d) New Hampshire.
3. What does Mary throw at the door when Karen and Dr. Cardin leave the room?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A vase.
(c) A book.
(d) A pillow.
4. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
(a) She will sue the school.
(b) She passes them off.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is hurt.
5. Why are Karen and Martha so outraged?
(a) That Mrs. Tilford won't let them in the house.
(b) That a malicious child can be allowed to create havoc.
(c) That the school bus is broken down again.
(d) That the plumber has charged more than his estimate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period for THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
2. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
3. What is the age range of the girls in the opening act?
4. How have the witnesses viewed the inappropriate behavior?
5. Karen tells Martha that __________ has asked her to marry him.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)