|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe visit with Mary?
(a) To take her to the theatre.
(b) To determine the cause of her latest illness.
(c) To talk about her plans for the summer.
(d) To convince her to take French.
2. How does Mrs. Tilford react to Mary's visit?
3. How does Dr. Cardin respond to Martha's request that he speak to Mrs. Tilford?
(a) He resists.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He agrees to think about it.
(d) He agrees to do it.
4. At the time this play was written, what was not condoned as proper among those teaching children?
5. To what can Mary's malicious destruction be compared?
(a) A fire that reduces everything to embers.
(b) A tornado flattening the landscape.
(c) Acid eating away at something.
(d) A flood sweeping everything away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
2. Who questions Mary again about her story?
3. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
4. Whose bracelet will Mary claim that Rosalie stole?
5. What is Dr. Cardin's reaction to Mary's allegations?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)