|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(b) Emotional disturbance.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
(d) Abused as a child.
2. What claims does Mary make?
(a) She is homesick.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is broke.
(d) She is expelled.
3. What does Mrs. Tilford advise Martha and Karen to do?
(a) Explain everything to the girls.
(b) Get new students.
(c) Move away.
(d) Apologize to the parents.
4. What is the vow made by the student?
(a) Run away with her boyfriend.
(b) Marry the next boy she meets.
(c) Cut off all her hair.
(d) Leave the school.
5. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
(a) a sin.
(c) in vogue.
(d) not a public topic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary's behavior would indicate that she was raised in a _______________________.
2. In what state does the action in THE CRUCIBLE take place?
3. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
4. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
5. What type of building houses the school?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)