|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a possible source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(a) Emotional disturbance.
(b) Alcohol abuse.
(c) Abused as a child.
2. Why is Mary prone to exaggeration?
(a) To get attention.
(b) To write better stories.
(c) To practice her acting skills.
(d) To add interest to her boring life.
3. Why does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
(a) To get Rosalie in trouble.
(b) She doesn't know any better.
(c) She needs allies.
(d) Mrs. Mortar told her to.
4. Who enters the room and states that Mary had found the flowers in a trashcan?
(a) Karen Wright.
(b) Karen Dobie.
(c) Karen Kay.
(d) Karen Mortar.
5. Which of the following does not describe what Mrs. Mortar is doing?
(a) Sitting in a big chair.
(b) Leaning her head back.
(c) Listening to a recitation.
(d) Filing her nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tilford respond to Mary's exaggerations?
2. What does Mary symbolize in the play?
3. To what work of fiction can Mary's actions be compared?
4. Why does Rosalie have permission to stay at the Tilford home?
5. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)