|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
2. How is Dr. Cardin related to Mary Tilford?
3. In what state does THE CHILDREN'S HOUR take place?
4. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
(a) a sin.
(b) in vogue.
(c) not a public topic.
5. What does Mrs. Tilford declare about Mary?
(a) She should at least stay for dinner.
(b) She will be driven back to school.
(c) She can stay home as long as she likes.
(d) She is never going back to that school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the women who founded the school?
2. What does Dr. Cardin tell Mary she must stop doing?
3. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
4. Who is Mrs. Munn?
5. How does Mrs. Tilford initially respond to Mary's accusations?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)