|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mortar say to Martha in retaliation?
(a) Martha has always been fat and ugly.
(b) Martha is not as pretty as Karen.
(c) Martha is not as smart as Karen.
(d) Martha has inappropriate feelings for Karen.
2. What do Karen and Martha decide about Mary?
(a) To expel her from school.
(b) To get her a French tutor.
(c) To get her to a psychiatrist.
(d) To separate her from her cohorts.
3. Who is one of the people Mrs. Tilford calls to talk about Karen and Martha's behavior?
(a) Dr. Cardin.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Professor Carlini.
(d) Mr. Truman.
4. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie?
(a) Threatens to tell that Rosalie smokes pot.
(b) Threatens to tell that Rosalie sneaks out to see boys.
(c) Threatens to tell that Rosalie drinks beer.
(d) Threatens to tell that Rosalie stole a bracelet.
5. What does Mrs. Tilford tell Dr. Cardin about his marriage to Karen?
(a) She wants to pay for the wedding flowers.
(b) She wants to give Karen a bridal shower.
(c) She doesn't want him to marry Karen.
(d) She wants to host their wedding at her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does evil serve in good vs. evil dramas?
2. Who is the other woman who founded the school?
3. What is the obvious theme in THE CHILDREN'S HOUR?
4. What kind of charges is Mary making against the headmistresses?
5. Why are Karen and Martha so outraged?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)