|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be the source of Mary's behavioral problems?
(b) Abusive upbringing.
(d) Inner turmoil.
2. Which girl does Mrs. Mortar chastise for tardiness?
(a) Mary Tilford.
(b) Mary Tipton.
(c) Mary Hall.
(d) Mary Grant.
3. What type of building houses the school?
(a) Abandoned schoolhouse.
(b) Converted farmhouse.
(c) Townhouse in the city.
4. Mrs. Tilford conducts herself with no hint of _____________________.
(c) malicious behavior.
5. What does Martha tell Mrs. Mortar that hurts Mrs. Mortar's feelings?
(a) The girls don't want her at the school anymore.
(b) Mrs. Mortar has gained weight and must go on a diet.
(c) The school is sending Mrs. Mortar back to London.
(d) Mrs. Mortar is forgetting too many things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Karen and Martha agree on regarding Mrs. Mortar?
2. At the time this play was written, lesbianism was _________________.
3. What do the adults' reactions validate in Mary?
4. Whose accusations initiate the witch trials in THE CRUCIBLE?
5. Who overhears Martha and Mrs. Mortar arguing?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)