|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I don't know what is going to happen, but I cannot see staying here forever?"
2. Why does the female narrator thank her father?
3. What do bright butterflies bring?
4. What does the female narrator's father find in her room?
5. What is the setting the second narrator is in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about how the female narrator's conflict with her father comes to a close. What does this conflict tell us about the narrator? Be descriptive.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the relationship between the second narrator and her father. What helps the narrator come to terms with her father's decision? Who influences the narrator's change of heart? Does this mean she is able to forsake her love for the first narrator?
Essay Topic 3
Think about the symbolism of butterflies in the story. How does the image of butterflies evolve? What does this tell us about the events in the story?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)