|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the butterflies land to bring news?
2. How does the female narrator's father prevent the her arrest?
3. Who said, "If only i knew some good wanga magic, I would wipe them off the face of the earth?"
4. Who says, "Banyan trees are holy and sometimes if we call the gods from beneath them, they will hear our voices clearer?"
5. What appears after the female narrator thanks her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the relationship between the second narrator and her father. What helps the narrator come to terms with her father's decision? Who influences the narrator's change of heart? Does this mean she is able to forsake her love for the first narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the evolution of the behavior of the passengers on board. How does their treatment of one another reflect the author's purpose? Be sure to use examples.
Essay Topic 3
Think about the two narrators' surroundings. What do their descriptions of the sea and the mountains foreshadow in the story? What does this tell us about their relationship?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)