|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the female narrator say banyan trees last?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) One year.
(d) Hundreds of years.
2. Why was the female narrator almost arrested?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She is a criminal.
(c) They thought she was a member of the youth federation.
(d) She murdered Madan Roger.
3. How does the story end?
(a) The female narrator runs away from her father.
(b) The lovers reunite.
(c) None of these.
(d) The female narrator goes to Florida.
4. Who is the female narrator referring to in this sentence, "I wish he would catch a bullet so we could see how scared he really is"?
(a) Her Uncle.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her boyfriend.
5. How old is Madan Roger?
(c) It does not say.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the female narrator's mother talk to her?
2. Where do the Haitian people gather to meet the president?
3. Why doesn't the second narrator sketch butterflies anymore?
4. What does the female narrator say seems to hurt her father's feelings?
5. What announcement is the second narrator waiting for?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)