|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement is the second narrator waiting for?
(a) The university exams.
(b) The end of the gasoline ban.
(c) The arrival of the president.
(d) A message from her boyfriend.
2. Who said, "Oh yes, you can let them kill somebody because you are afraid. They are the law. It is their right?"
(a) The narrator's mother.
(b) The female narrator.
(c) The narrator's father.
(d) Madan Roger.
3. How long does the female narrator say banyan trees last?
(a) Hundreds of years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifty years.
4. Why doesn't the female narrator's father approve of her boyfriend?
(a) They do not have the same political views.
(b) He is racist.
(c) He thinks the young man is not smart.
(d) He wants someone who can provide her with more.
5. Why does the female narrator thank her father?
(a) Because he protected her from black butterflies.
(b) Because he planted the banyan tree.
(c) Because he gave her permission to marry her boyfriend.
(d) Because he saved her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the second narrator listening for the first narrator's name on the radio?
2. What is the gender of the second narrator?
3. Who says, "He cannot protect us. Only God can protect us?"
4. What part of the female narrator's body shivers when she thinks of her boyfriend in danger?
5. Who says, "it had happened before all over this country and tonight it will happen again and there is nothing we can do?"
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)