|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads the narrator to believe her boyfriend is dead?
(a) She hears a radio broadcast saying a boat has sunk.
(b) The banyan tree dies.
(c) Her father tells her.
(d) A soldier comes and tells her family.
2. Fill in the blanks. "Sometimes you have to choose between _________ and _________."
(a) Your mother and your father.
(b) Your father and the man you love.
(c) Liberty and death.
(d) Freedom and safety.
3. Who says, "all anyone can hope for is just a tiny bit of love, like a drop in a cup if you can get it, or a waterfall, a flood, if you can get that too"?
(a) The female narrator's father.
(b) The female narrator.
(c) Madan Roger.
4. What do both of the narrators refer to their love as?
5. Why were students shot outside the Fort Dimanche Prison?
(a) They were demonstrating for the bodies of the radio six.
(b) They had weapons and threatened to use them.
(c) They were trying to help the Radio Six escape.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do bright butterflies bring?
2. Why was the female narrator almost arrested?
3. What does the narrator say lies beyond the mountains?
4. What constantly surrounds the female narrator near the end of the story?
5. Who is the female narrator referring to in this sentence, "At the morgue, they say a car ran over him and took the head off his body?"
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)