|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Her Narrative.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first narrator referring to in this sentence? "She is short and speaks in a singsong that reminds me of the villages of the north."
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) Celianne's child.
(c) His mother.
2. Who is the male narrator referring to in these sentences: "They say the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. I have never been given very much. What was there to take away?"
(a) His family.
(b) The government.
(c) The Protestants on the boat.
(d) Radio Six.
3. Why doesn't the female narrator's father approve of her boyfriend?
(a) He wants someone who can provide her with more.
(b) He thinks the young man is not smart.
(c) He is racist.
(d) They do not have the same political views.
4. Who is the father of Celianne's baby?
(a) Celianne is not pregnant.
(b) She is not sure; she was raped.
(c) A forbidden lover.
(d) The narrator.
5. What is the gender of the second narrator?
(a) There is no narrator.
(c) It does not say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the passengers name Cèlianne's baby?
2. What does the male narrator ask of his lover?
3. What did the female narrator see as they were driving out of the city?
4. With what do they patch the hole with at the bottom of the boat?
5. Where do the Haitian people gather to meet the president?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)