|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Her Narrative.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the male narrator refer to Agwé?
(a) Because he has to throw his possessions overboard.
(b) Because Agwe will protect him.
(c) Because Agwe talks to him
(d) Because Agwe is the captain.
2. How are Haitians treated in the Bahamas?
(a) "Like royalty."
(b) "Like prisoners."
(c) "Like slaves."
(d) "Like dogs."
3. Who says, "You want to kill me too? Go ahead. I don't care anymore. I'm dead already. You have already done the worst to me that you can do. You have killed my soul?"
(a) The female narrator.
(b) Madan Roger.
(c) The female narrator's father.
4. What does the first narrator say the sea smells like?
(d) Every fish you have ever eaten.
5. Why is the second narrator listening for the first narrator's name on the radio?
(a) To see if the soldiers let him go free.
(b) To see if he is still alive.
(c) To see if he passed the University exams.
(d) To hear his political opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the male narrator say are the only newborn babies he has ever seen?
2. What leads the narrator to believe her boyfriend is dead?
3. How old is Celianne?
4. What does the female narrator say the mountains are doing?
5. What does the male narrator say he would name his child if it were born at sea?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)