|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Her Narrative.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the female narrator tell her father that she loves her boyfriend?
(a) Because she wants him to know she loved someone other than her parents.
(b) Because she already married him.
(c) Because she wants her father's permission to marry him.
(d) Because he thinks it will make him happy.
2. Why doesn't the female narrator bathe during the day?
(a) Because people might see her.
(b) Because she likes to bathe beneath the stars.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Because it is too cold.
3. Why does the male narrator leave Haiti?
(a) He escaped prison and is hoping for freedom in the U.S.
(b) He thinks he can make more money in the United States.
(c) He is fleeing the oppression of the Haitian government.
(d) He is running away from his lover's angry father.
4. Who says, "It is only my misfortune that would lump me together with an indigent like you?"
(a) The old man.
(b) The male narrator.
(c) The captain.
(d) It does not specify.
5. Why do the other people on the boat offer to take care of the baby for Celianne?
(a) There is no baby on the boat.
(b) The baby will not stop crying in Celianne's arms and is beginning to annoy the rest of the passengers.
(c) Celianne needs to rest; she is exhausted from delivering the baby.
(d) The baby is in fact dead and is beginning to smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about Celianne's baby?
2. What does the first narrator write of the sea?
3. What does the first narrator say is the predominant religion of the others on board?
4. Celianne gives birth to:
5. How long does the female narrator say banyan trees last?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)