|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through His Narrative.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the passengers use to cut Cèlianne's umbilical cord?
(a) A paring knife.
(b) A razor.
(c) A switchblade.
(d) A Swiss Army knife.
2. What is the male narrator afraid might attract sharks?
(a) Throwing the dead baby in the water.
(b) Throwing possessions overboard.
(c) Applying tar to patch holes in the boat.
(d) Singing songs.
3. Why do the other people on the boat offer to take care of the baby for Celianne?
(a) Celianne needs to rest; she is exhausted from delivering the baby.
(b) There is no baby on the boat.
(c) The baby will not stop crying in Celianne's arms and is beginning to annoy the rest of the passengers.
(d) The baby is in fact dead and is beginning to smell.
4. What is the setting the first narrator is in?
(a) The sea.
5. What specifically does the male narrator say about soldiers?
(a) His love should marry a soldier to protect her family.
(b) They are acting in the best interest of the country.
(c) They make a lot of money.
(d) They are not human.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the passengers do to ease their nausea?
2. Who is the male narrator referring to in these sentences: "They say the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. I have never been given very much. What was there to take away?"
3. What does the male narrator ask of his lover?
4. What is the first narrator's name?
5. Who says, "Maybe we will go to Guinin, to live with the spirits, to be with everyone who has come and has died before us?"
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)