|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through His Narrative.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the male narrator referring to in these sentences: "They say the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. I have never been given very much. What was there to take away?"
(a) The Protestants on the boat.
(b) The government.
(c) Radio Six.
(d) His family.
2. How old is Celianne?
3. What color does the first narrator say the sea is at night?
(c) White, illuminated by the stars.
4. What does the male narrator pray for?
(a) That the sea will open up and swallow their boat.
(b) That his love will marry a soldier for protection.
(c) That the sea will part like in the Bible.
(d) That they will not hit a storm.
5. What specifically does the male narrator say about soldiers?
(a) They are acting in the best interest of the country.
(b) They make a lot of money.
(c) They are not human.
(d) His love should marry a soldier to protect her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the male narrator say has finally made him an African?
2. What do the passengers use the tar for?
3. Why is Celianne's face scarred?
4. What does the male narrator say are the only newborn babies he has ever seen?
5. Why do the other people on the boat offer to take care of the baby for Celianne?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)