|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through His Narrative.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what do they patch the hole with at the bottom of the boat?
(d) The sole of a shoe.
2. Why does the male narrator have to throw out his notebook?
(a) They are trying to lighten the boat.
(b) The pages are all written on and he has no more use for them.
(c) The other passengers think he is writing about them.
(d) He wants to be one with the sea; the notebook is preventing this.
3. What does the first narrator do when Celianne goes into labor?
(a) Helps her deliver the baby.
(b) Keeps bailing water out so the boat doesn't sink.
(c) Moves to the other end of the boat.
(d) Asks if anyone on the boat is a doctor.
4. What does the male narrator pray for?
(a) That his love will marry a soldier for protection.
(b) That they will not hit a storm.
(c) That the sea will open up and swallow their boat.
(d) That the sea will part like in the Bible.
5. Who says, "It is only my misfortune that would lump me together with an indigent like you?"
(a) The male narrator.
(b) The old man.
(c) It does not specify.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these statements is true?
2. Who says they see a coast guard boat coming?
3. What does the male narrator say he would name his child if it were born at sea?
4. What does the first narrator write of the sea?
5. What specifically does the male narrator say about soldiers?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)