Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
2. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
3. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
4. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
5. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
Essay Topic 1
Sarah felt that when she was younger she had to prove herself, so she had sex with boys in order to show she could do something better than hearing girls could.
Part 1: Why do you think Sarah made the choice to use sex as a way to prove herself?
Part 2: What other things might Sarah have done in order to prove her worthiness to others?
Part 3: How does your opinion of Sarah change when you hear about her past? Or doesn't it?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of being deaf is one that few people can truly understand or appreciate, having always been able to hear.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible to understand the idea of being deaf? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think it's important to talk about the deaf community?
Part 3: Do you feel your perceptions of the deaf community have changed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The role of James at the school is to teach lip reading and to teach speech to the deaf.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important for deaf people to learn how to lip read and to speak?
Part 2: Do you think the hearing community is being too forceful in its attempts to try to help deaf people interact as though they were not deaf? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a deaf person can have an average life without learning how to lip read or to speak? Why or why not?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)