|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is amazed by Sarah's abilities and is obviously proud of her work.
2. Orin taunts Sarah for turning her back on the _____________.
3. What kind of game is being played at the party which opens the second act of the play?
4. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
5. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD is one that immediately affects the person who hears it or reads it.
Part 1: Why do you think the author chose the title that they did?
Part 2: Do you think the play should have been titled differently? Why or why not?
Part 3: What do you think the author meant by 'lesser god'?
Essay Topic 2
What's interesting to many about this play is that while it might seem more reasonable to portray the deaf community as being flawless, these characters are not shown in the best of light.
Part 1: Why do you think some authors believe it easier to portray those with handicaps as being without fault?
Part 2: Do you think the deaf characters are portrayed realistically in this play? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the deaf community might respond to the deaf characters in this play? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Sarah seems to want to remain in her silence for long periods of time, as it seems to be the safer place for her to reside.
Part 1: Why is Sarah always trying to remain in her silence when she could be interacting with others?
Part 2: Why doesn't Sarah want James to be a part of her silence?
Part 3: Why does James want to be a part of Sarah's silence?
This section contains 1,639 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)