Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
2. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
3. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
4. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
5. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
Essay Topic 1
Orin is committed to working for the rights of the deaf community, becoming an activist at the school.
Part 1: Why do you think that Orin believes he needs to take an active role in gaining rights for the deaf community?
Part 2: Do you think it's a healthy choice for him to become an activist for deaf rights? Why or why not?
Part 3: What makes Orin the best possible character to become an activist? Why?
Essay Topic 2
It is revealed that Sarah stopped talking because no one realized she was deaf, only that she might be mentally handicapped.
Part 1: Why do you think Sarah decided it was better to be seen as deaf?
Part 2: Do you think Sarah should have continued to talk anyway?
Part 3: How would you react if someone thought you were mentally handicapped?
Essay Topic 3
Though the deaf and the hearing worlds are divided in this play, they also have moments where they overlap.
Part 1: Do you think it's realistic that Sarah and James would go on a date together?
Part 2: Do you think that a deaf person and a hearing person could live together? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think there is still a struggle for separateness in this play?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)