Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
2. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
3. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
4. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
5. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
Essay Topic 1
What's interesting to many about this play is that while it might seem more reasonable to portray the deaf community as being flawless, these characters are not shown in the best of light.
Part 1: Why do you think some authors believe it easier to portray those with handicaps as being without fault?
Part 2: Do you think the deaf characters are portrayed realistically in this play? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the deaf community might respond to the deaf characters in this play? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The idea that James and Sarah fall in love and get married is one for which the audience roots and encourages.
Part 1: Why do you think James and Sarah fall in love with each other?
Part 2: Do you think their relationship has the ability to last a long time? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think James and Sarah are trying to change each other?
Essay Topic 3
Though the deaf and the hearing worlds are divided in this play, they also have moments where they overlap.
Part 1: Do you think it's realistic that Sarah and James would go on a date together?
Part 2: Do you think that a deaf person and a hearing person could live together? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think there is still a struggle for separateness in this play?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)