|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah moves out of the conversation as ___________ begins to speak for her.
2. James tells Sarah that she just can't start a _________ in the living room and then go to bed.
3. Sarah decides that she wants to make her own ___________ instead of using the one from Klein.
4. __________ is amazed by Sarah's abilities and is obviously proud of her work.
5. Who has decided to try to teach Sarah how to play the card game being played?
Essay Topic 1
Orin is a character who is strong in his desire to learn and to make changes in his world.
Part 1: Why do you think Orin is so passionate about learning to speak?
Part 2: Why do you think that Orin is committed to being an active part of fighting for deaf rights?
Part 3: Do you admire Orin as a person/character of this play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The idea that James and Sarah fall in love and get married is one for which the audience roots and encourages.
Part 1: Why do you think James and Sarah fall in love with each other?
Part 2: Do you think their relationship has the ability to last a long time? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think James and Sarah are trying to change each other?
Essay Topic 3
Sarah is being pulled between two worlds - the hearing world and the deaf world. And at times, it seems she is unsure of which to pick.
Part 1: Why do you think that Sarah is torn between the two worlds?
Part 2: Is it fair for different 'sides' of Sarah's life to try to pull her in? Why or why not?
Part 3: Does Sarah have to make a choice as to which world in which to reside? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,641 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)