|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
2. James tells Sarah that she just can't start a _________ in the living room and then go to bed.
3. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
4. What is Sarah's response to the idea of Orin filing a claim and starting a legal process?
5. What does James say is the name of the caller, though it is really Orin and he corrects himself as he hands the call to Sarah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The case against the deaf school is one that seems to be unnecessary to some audience members and vital to others.
Part 1: Why do you think Orin and the lawyer believe that the school is discriminating against its students?
Part 2: Do you think the lawyer has the best interests of Orin at heart?
Part 3: Why do you think that Mr. Franklin does not decide to settle the case out of court?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of moments in which the many languages are barriers to communication.
Part 1: Why do you think communication is so important in this world?
Part 2: Can the world survive without the ability to communicate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the play begins with Sarah and James not being able to communicate?
Essay Topic 3
The idea that James and Sarah fall in love and get married is one for which the audience roots and encourages.
Part 1: Why do you think James and Sarah fall in love with each other?
Part 2: Do you think their relationship has the ability to last a long time? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think James and Sarah are trying to change each other?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)