|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
2. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
3. Orin points out that the school is supposed to exist for the ___________ of its students.
4. Orin pokes fun at Sarah, saying that she is a regular American _________ now that she's married James.
5. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD is one that immediately affects the person who hears it or reads it.
Part 1: Why do you think the author chose the title that they did?
Part 2: Do you think the play should have been titled differently? Why or why not?
Part 3: What do you think the author meant by 'lesser god'?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of being deaf is one that few people can truly understand or appreciate, having always been able to hear.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible to understand the idea of being deaf? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think it's important to talk about the deaf community?
Part 3: Do you feel your perceptions of the deaf community have changed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Orin is committed to working for the rights of the deaf community, becoming an activist at the school.
Part 1: Why do you think that Orin believes he needs to take an active role in gaining rights for the deaf community?
Part 2: Do you think it's a healthy choice for him to become an activist for deaf rights? Why or why not?
Part 3: What makes Orin the best possible character to become an activist? Why?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)