Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
2. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
3. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
4. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
5. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
Essay Topic 1
It is revealed that Sarah stopped talking because no one realized she was deaf, only that she might be mentally handicapped.
Part 1: Why do you think Sarah decided it was better to be seen as deaf?
Part 2: Do you think Sarah should have continued to talk anyway?
Part 3: How would you react if someone thought you were mentally handicapped?
Essay Topic 2
Surprisingly, Sarah makes fun of other deaf people and how they sound when they speak.
Part 1: Why do you think Sarah makes fun of these deaf people when they are trying to speak?
Part 2: How did you react to the idea of Sarah making fun of other deaf people? Why?
Part 3: Do you think Sarah's criticisms have any merit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The case against the deaf school is one that seems to be unnecessary to some audience members and vital to others.
Part 1: Why do you think Orin and the lawyer believe that the school is discriminating against its students?
Part 2: Do you think the lawyer has the best interests of Orin at heart?
Part 3: Why do you think that Mr. Franklin does not decide to settle the case out of court?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)