|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. James tells Sarah that she just can't start a _________ in the living room and then go to bed.
2. What does Klein try to do in order to impress Orin and Sarah during their next meeting?
3. Orin pokes fun at Sarah, saying that she is a regular American _________ now that she's married James.
4. What does Mr. Franklin warn James not to do during the card game so that he and Sarah don't cheat?
5. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Surprisingly, Sarah makes fun of other deaf people and how they sound when they speak.
Part 1: Why do you think Sarah makes fun of these deaf people when they are trying to speak?
Part 2: How did you react to the idea of Sarah making fun of other deaf people? Why?
Part 3: Do you think Sarah's criticisms have any merit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
It is revealed that Sarah stopped talking because no one realized she was deaf, only that she might be mentally handicapped.
Part 1: Why do you think Sarah decided it was better to be seen as deaf?
Part 2: Do you think Sarah should have continued to talk anyway?
Part 3: How would you react if someone thought you were mentally handicapped?
Essay Topic 3
Sarah seems to want to remain in her silence for long periods of time, as it seems to be the safer place for her to reside.
Part 1: Why is Sarah always trying to remain in her silence when she could be interacting with others?
Part 2: Why doesn't Sarah want James to be a part of her silence?
Part 3: Why does James want to be a part of Sarah's silence?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)