|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
2. Who usually plays cards with James on a weekly basis, and now that Sarah has learned, she can join in?
(a) The maids.
(b) The students.
(c) The interns.
(d) The faculty.
3. Sarah says the lawyer wants her to hate ___________ so people feel sorry about her condition.
(a) Being deaf.
(b) Being at the school.
(c) Being dumb.
4. Who is NOT at the party which is being thrown at the start of the second act of the play?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
5. Orin taunts Sarah for turning her back on the _____________.
(b) Deaf community.
(d) Men in her class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James point out about the way that Klein was speaking once Sarah shows she was jealous of their interaction?
2. Sarah notes to James that, "I like this best - what we can do __________ together."
3. When James goes to embrace Sarah, what does she tell him after she pushes him away?
4. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
5. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)