|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Klein points out that being deaf could be very ____________ to Sarah in the present moment.
2. What is different about the way the person is watching the television at James and Sarah's house?
(a) The screen isn't turned on.
(b) The volume is all the way up.
(c) The volume is all the way down.
(d) They are close to the screen.
3. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
4. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
(a) He is.
(b) It's okay too.
(c) She can just give up.
(d) Then she doesn't have to.
5. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
(d) Hiring practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else is sounding in the house which is only heard by James as the others are deaf or hearing impaired?
2. Who has decided to try to teach Sarah how to play the card game being played?
3. Orin points out that the speech that Klein has written for Sarah is what all ______________ say.
4. What does Mr. Franklin warn James not to do during the card game so that he and Sarah don't cheat?
5. Sarah notes that Orin practically accused her of being a __________ hearing person.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)