|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
(b) They don't.
2. Sarah asks James to _____________ and he does without question or condemnation.
(a) Live with her.
(b) Help her.
(d) Marry her.
3. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
(c) Running away.
(d) Blank stare.
4. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Swears at her.
(c) Shouts at her.
(d) Kisses her.
5. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(d) Bread choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
2. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
3. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
4. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
5. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sarah upset, according to her conversation with James as they walk together?
2. What is the other sound that occurs which is only heard by James as the chaotic scene continues to unfold?
3. What does James have to say to Mrs. Norman about Sarah's intelligence and her future?
4. What does James tell Mr. Franklin to do in regards to the case being brought against the school?
5. Why is Lydia watching the television with the sound turned completely up at James' house?
6. What does Orin inform Sarah of as she is walking beside him during the scene?
7. How does Sarah take the upper hand during her conversation with James when they first meet?
8. What does James have to say about Mrs. Norman's accusations of him and his teaching goals?
9. Who enters the room with Sarah Norman after Orin finds success with his speech?
10. Who is at the bridge party at the beginning of the first scene of Act 2?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)