|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
(a) Learn to speak.
(b) Be a maid.
(d) Go to school.
2. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
(b) Argue with.
3. What does James do when he hears Sarah making fun of the people she is making fun of?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Continues the joke.
(c) Reprimands her.
(d) Laughs with her.
4. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(c) No one.
5. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Austin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
2. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
3. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
4. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
5. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James accuse Sarah of when she refuses to let James translate her speech for her?
2. What is Orin frustrated about when he is trying to speak with James during a therapy session?
3. What does James' student do as he enters into the scene after Sarah and James' argument?
4. What doesn't Sarah understand when she and James are signing and speaking to each other?
5. What does Sarah threaten to do when she is in the second meeting with the lawyer?
6. What happens between Sarah and James once she finds out James visited her mother?
7. What does Sarah sign to James during the first scene as they are having an argument?
8. How does Sarah participate in the court hearing when it finally takes place within the play?
9. What does James try to do in order to offset his nervousness about being with Sarah?
10. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James? What does this sign mean?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)