|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah is found to not be very close to her ___________, according to James' research.
2. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
3. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
(b) Partially deaf.
(c) A speech therapist.
4. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
(a) Lip read.
5. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ believes Sarah could go to college and get a better job if she wanted to.
2. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
3. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
4. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
5. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Orin taunting Sarah from the other side of the stage?
2. What does Sarah threaten to do when she is in the second meeting with the lawyer?
3. How does Sarah take the upper hand during her conversation with James when they first meet?
4. What does Sarah do for a job, though her mother was unaware that she was doing this?
5. What is Orin frustrated about when he is trying to speak with James during a therapy session?
6. What does James decide to do in order to calm down after the chaos, though he feel guilty for doing so?
7. What does James accuse Sarah of when she refuses to let James translate her speech for her?
8. What does James immediately assume about Sarah after Mr. Franklin leaves?
9. What does James' student do as he enters into the scene after Sarah and James' argument?
10. Who does Sarah mock when she is talking about people at the school?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)