|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
(a) Partially deaf.
(b) A speech therapist.
2. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
(a) School's play.
(b) Deaf cause.
(c) Speech team.
(d) National protest.
3. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being afraid of silence.
(b) Being too strong.
(c) Being a good example for children.
(d) Being in love with Sarah.
4. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(d) Deaf person.
5. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Austin.
(d) Mrs. Norman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
2. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
3. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
4. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
5. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the lawyer assume about Sarah during their meeting together?
2. What does James tell Mr. Franklin to do in regards to the case being brought against the school?
3. What is Orin frustrated about when he is trying to speak with James during a therapy session?
4. Why is James the only one who knows to answer the telephone when it begins to ring?
5. Why is James angry and hurt by the actions of Sarah and her speech?
6. What is the profession of James Leeds in this play, CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD?
7. Why has James decided to teach Sarah the game of bridge?
8. Why are Orin and the lawyer happy about the results of the court hearing and the case?
9. Why is Orin upset with the idea that James went out on a date with Sarah?
10. Why is James amazed by Sarah's abilities to play bridge at during her first game with others?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)