|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
(a) Running away.
(d) Blank stare.
2. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
(a) Mrs. Norman.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Austin.
3. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
(a) You stink.
(b) I Love You.
(c) Join, Unjoin.
(d) I can't believe you're leaving.
4. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
(d) Feel better about.
5. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being afraid of silence.
(b) Being too strong.
(c) Being in love with Sarah.
(d) Being a good example for children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
2. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
3. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
4. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
5. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah do for a job, though her mother was unaware that she was doing this?
2. What doesn't Sarah understand when she and James are signing and speaking to each other?
3. Who is at the bridge party at the beginning of the first scene of Act 2?
4. How does Sarah participate in the court hearing when it finally takes place within the play?
5. Why does Sarah ask James to dance with her during their date? How does she know how to move?
6. What is the reason for the argument between James and Sarah that follows the lawyer meeting?
7. What is Orin frustrated about when he is trying to speak with James during a therapy session?
8. What does Orin do when he becomes frustrated with himself?
9. What does James decide to do in order to calm down after the chaos, though he feel guilty for doing so?
10. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James? What does this sign mean?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)