Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(b) Stand out.
2. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
3. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
(a) She tells him that's not a question he should ask.
(b) She doesn't answer.
4. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
5. What does Sarah ask James to do when they are out on the town?
(c) Take her to a movie.
(d) Buy her ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin also says, "...because you want to ___________ us we want to be changed."
2. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
3. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
4. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
5. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sarah participate in the court hearing when it finally takes place within the play?
2. Why does James want to protect becoming the speech therapy teacher for Sarah?
3. Why is James the only one who knows to answer the telephone when it begins to ring?
4. What does James immediately assume about Sarah after Mr. Franklin leaves?
5. What does James' student do as he enters into the scene after Sarah and James' argument?
6. What does Sarah say when James asks her if she enjoys being a maid at the school?
7. What does the lawyer assume about Sarah during their meeting together?
8. What is Sarah's mother's reaction to learning that Sarah had a job with the school?
9. What happens between Sarah and James once she finds out James visited her mother?
10. What is the other sound that occurs which is only heard by James as the chaotic scene continues to unfold?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)