|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
(a) She tells him that's not a question he should ask.
(b) She doesn't answer.
2. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(c) Deaf person.
3. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being a good example for children.
(b) Being afraid of silence.
(c) Being in love with Sarah.
(d) Being too strong.
4. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
5. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
2. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
3. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
4. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
5. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sarah ask James to dance with her during their date? How does she know how to move?
2. Who is at the bridge party at the beginning of the first scene of Act 2?
3. What does James accuse Sarah of when she refuses to let James translate her speech for her?
4. Why are Orin and the lawyer happy about the results of the court hearing and the case?
5. What does Sarah say when James asks her if she enjoys being a maid at the school?
6. What does Sarah sign to James during the first scene as they are having an argument?
7. Why is Sarah upset, according to her conversation with James as they walk together?
8. What does Sarah do when she realizes she needs help with the menu at the restaurant?
9. What does James have to say about Mrs. Norman's accusations of him and his teaching goals?
10. What does Mrs. Norman accuse James of doing to Sarah during their time together?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)