|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
2. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her feet.
3. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
(a) I Love You.
(b) You stink.
(c) Join, Unjoin.
(d) I can't believe you're leaving.
4. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
(c) Lip read.
(d) Make it official.
5. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
(a) Live together.
(b) Continue dating.
(d) Just be friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
2. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
3. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
4. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
5. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is James the only one who knows to answer the telephone when it begins to ring?
2. What does James have to say to Mrs. Norman about Sarah's intelligence and her future?
3. What is Orin frustrated about when he is trying to speak with James during a therapy session?
4. Who is at the bridge party at the beginning of the first scene of Act 2?
5. What is Sarah's mother's reaction to learning that Sarah had a job with the school?
6. What happens when James forces Sarah to speak with him during their argument?
7. What happens between Sarah and James once she finds out James visited her mother?
8. When James and Sarah finally talk, what do they agree happened between them?
9. What happens when Orin and Sarah begin to reminisce about their childhood?
10. How is the stage divided at this point of the play? How are Orin and Sarah and James arranged?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)