Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
(d) Inner chatter.
2. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
3. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
(a) Mrs. Austin.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Norman.
4. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Laugh too loudly.
(b) Make bad jokes.
(c) Make odd facial expressions.
(d) Look away from her.
5. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
2. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
3. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
4. How does Sarah keep her distance from James when they are dancing with each other?
5. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the other sound that occurs which is only heard by James as the chaotic scene continues to unfold?
2. Who enters the room with Sarah Norman after Orin finds success with his speech?
3. Why does James want to protect becoming the speech therapy teacher for Sarah?
4. Why doesn't Sarah like listening to music, as she confesses to James during the scene?
5. Who does Sarah mock when she is talking about people at the school?
6. What does James decide to do in order to calm down after the chaos, though he feel guilty for doing so?
7. What does Sarah do when she realizes she needs help with the menu at the restaurant?
8. What does the lawyer assume about Sarah during their meeting together?
9. Why is Orin taunting Sarah from the other side of the stage?
10. What does Sarah sign to James during the first scene as they are having an argument?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)