|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
(a) Raid hand movements.
(c) Hearing sense of humor.
(d) Lip movements.
2. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(c) No one.
3. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
4. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her ears.
5. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(c) Not lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
2. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
3. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
4. What does Sarah ask James to do when they are out on the town?
5. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the stage divided at this point of the play? How are Orin and Sarah and James arranged?
2. What does Sarah do when she realizes she needs help with the menu at the restaurant?
3. Why has James decided to teach Sarah the game of bridge?
4. What happens when Mr. Franklin finds out about the romantic involvement of James and Sarah?
5. Why doesn't Sarah like listening to music, as she confesses to James during the scene?
6. Why is Orin taunting Sarah from the other side of the stage?
7. What does Sarah sign to James during the first scene as they are having an argument?
8. What does James tell Mr. Franklin to do in regards to the case being brought against the school?
9. What does Sarah do for a job, though her mother was unaware that she was doing this?
10. What does James realize about Sarah as they are at a restaurant and she points to a dessert item on the menu?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)