|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
2. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
(a) Joys in her life.
(c) Contentment in her life.
3. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
(c) Sarah's father.
4. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
(a) Pressuring speech.
(b) Longer sessions.
(c) Poor teaching.
(d) Romantic involvement.
5. What is the request that Sarah does not agree with when James asks her to do something?
(b) To become more active in the world.
(c) Leave the school.
(d) To avoid Orin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
2. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
3. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
4. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
5. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah reject at the next meeting she has set up with the lawyer?
2. Who does Sarah mock when she is talking about people at the school?
3. Why does James want to protect becoming the speech therapy teacher for Sarah?
4. Who is at the bridge party at the beginning of the first scene of Act 2?
5. How does Sarah participate in the court hearing when it finally takes place within the play?
6. Why has James decided to teach Sarah the game of bridge?
7. Who enters the room with Sarah Norman after Orin finds success with his speech?
8. Why is Sarah upset, according to her conversation with James as they walk together?
9. Why is James the only one who knows to answer the telephone when it begins to ring?
10. What does Sarah say when James asks her if she enjoys being a maid at the school?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)