|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James do when he hears Sarah making fun of the people she is making fun of?
(a) Reprimands her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Laughs with her.
(d) Continues the joke.
2. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
(a) Sarah's mother.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
3. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
(b) Make jokes.
(c) Do a magic trick.
(d) Read a poem.
4. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
5. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
(a) Asks him to leave the room.
(b) Asks for a hug.
(c) Asks him to resign.
(d) Asks him to leave Sarah alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
2. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
3. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
4. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
5. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James accuse Sarah of when she refuses to let James translate her speech for her?
2. What does James decide to do in order to calm down after the chaos, though he feel guilty for doing so?
3. Why is James the only one who knows to answer the telephone when it begins to ring?
4. What happens when Mr. Franklin finds out about the romantic involvement of James and Sarah?
5. What is the reason for the argument between James and Sarah that follows the lawyer meeting?
6. What does Orin tell Sarah about her marriage in relation to the deaf rights that he is fighting to gain?
7. Who does Sarah mock when she is talking about people at the school?
8. Why is James amazed by Sarah's abilities to play bridge at during her first game with others?
9. Why is Sarah upset, according to her conversation with James as they walk together?
10. What does Sarah make fun of as she and James are at dinner together?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)