|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
(b) Sarah's mother.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
2. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
(b) Just be friends.
(c) Live together.
(d) Continue dating.
3. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
4. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(b) Not lost.
5. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(a) Be one of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
2. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
3. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
4. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
5. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the profession of James Leeds in this play, CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD?
2. What doesn't Sarah understand when she and James are signing and speaking to each other?
3. What does Sarah do for a job, though her mother was unaware that she was doing this?
4. Why can't James enjoy the pleasure of music anymore, according to him?
5. What does James' student do as he enters into the scene after Sarah and James' argument?
6. What does James tell Mr. Franklin to do in regards to the case being brought against the school?
7. What does Orin tell Sarah about her marriage in relation to the deaf rights that he is fighting to gain?
8. What does the lawyer assume about Sarah during their meeting together?
9. What is Orin frustrated about when he is trying to speak with James during a therapy session?
10. What does Orin inform Sarah of as she is walking beside him during the scene?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)