|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
(a) Proposes to her.
(b) Asks her on a date.
(c) Tells her never to talk to him again.
(d) Walks away from her.
2. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
(d) Lip read.
3. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
(a) Asks him to leave the room.
(b) Asks him to resign.
(c) Asks for a hug.
(d) Asks him to leave Sarah alone.
4. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Laugh too loudly.
(b) Look away from her.
(c) Make bad jokes.
(d) Make odd facial expressions.
5. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
2. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
3. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
4. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
5. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James want to protect becoming the speech therapy teacher for Sarah?
2. Who is at the bridge party at the beginning of the first scene of Act 2?
3. What does Sarah threaten to do when she is in the second meeting with the lawyer?
4. What does James have to say to Mrs. Norman about Sarah's intelligence and her future?
5. What does Orin inform Sarah of as she is walking beside him during the scene?
6. What does James have to do in order to help Sarah with the telephone call for her?
7. What does James try to do in order to offset his nervousness about being with Sarah?
8. What is the profession of James Leeds in this play, CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD?
9. What is the basis of the case the Orin and his lawyer are trying to make against the deaf school?
10. What does Sarah sign to James during the first scene as they are having an argument?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)