|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(b) Bread choices.
2. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her hands.
3. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
4. What kind of therapist is James Leeds as the audience finds out at the start of the play?
5. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
2. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
3. How does Sarah keep her distance from James when they are dancing with each other?
4. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
5. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James immediately assume about Sarah after Mr. Franklin leaves?
2. Who enters the room with Sarah Norman after Orin finds success with his speech?
3. What makes Sarah even more upset as she is talking with James during their walk together? What does James suggest to make her upset?
4. What happens when James forces Sarah to speak with him during their argument?
5. What does Sarah make fun of as she and James are at dinner together?
6. What does Orin inform Sarah of as she is walking beside him during the scene?
7. How does Sarah take the upper hand during her conversation with James when they first meet?
8. What doesn't Sarah understand when she and James are signing and speaking to each other?
9. What does Mr. Franklin want James to do with Sarah Norman once they are introduced?
10. What does Sarah do for a job, though her mother was unaware that she was doing this?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)