|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
(c) Inner chatter.
2. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
3. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
(a) Thinking of.
(b) Talking about.
4. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(d) Not lost.
5. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
(a) Deaf cause.
(b) Speech team.
(c) National protest.
(d) School's play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
2. Sarah is found to not be very close to her ___________, according to James' research.
3. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
4. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
5. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James want to protect becoming the speech therapy teacher for Sarah?
2. Why is Orin taunting Sarah from the other side of the stage?
3. What does Orin tell Sarah about her marriage in relation to the deaf rights that he is fighting to gain?
4. What does James decide to do in order to calm down after the chaos, though he feel guilty for doing so?
5. What does Orin inform Sarah of as she is walking beside him during the scene?
6. How does Sarah take the upper hand during her conversation with James when they first meet?
7. Why is Lydia watching the television with the sound turned completely up at James' house?
8. What does Sarah threaten to do when she is in the second meeting with the lawyer?
9. What is the other sound that occurs which is only heard by James as the chaotic scene continues to unfold?
10. What does James immediately assume about Sarah after Mr. Franklin leaves?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)