|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
2. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
3. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
(a) Make jokes.
(b) Read a poem.
(c) Do a magic trick.
4. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
5. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
Short Answer Questions
1. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
2. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
3. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
4. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
5. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James immediately assume about Sarah after Mr. Franklin leaves?
2. What happens between Sarah and James once she finds out James visited her mother?
3. What does Sarah make fun of as she and James are at dinner together?
4. What happens when James forces Sarah to speak with him during their argument?
5. Why is Orin taunting Sarah from the other side of the stage?
6. What does Sarah say she wants Orin to do after she shows her speech to James?
7. What is the basis of the case the Orin and his lawyer are trying to make against the deaf school?
8. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James? What does this sign mean?
9. What makes Sarah even more upset as she is talking with James during their walk together? What does James suggest to make her upset?
10. Why is Sarah upset, according to her conversation with James as they walk together?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)