|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
2. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
(d) His own.
3. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(d) Bread choices.
4. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
5. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
(a) Stop us.
(b) Influence us.
(c) Hurt us again.
(d) Come between us.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
2. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
3. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
4. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
5. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James tell Mr. Franklin to do in regards to the case being brought against the school?
2. What doesn't Sarah understand when she and James are signing and speaking to each other?
3. When James and Sarah finally talk, what do they agree happened between them?
4. Why has James decided to teach Sarah the game of bridge?
5. What does Sarah do for a job, though her mother was unaware that she was doing this?
6. What does James have to say about Mrs. Norman's accusations of him and his teaching goals?
7. Why is Sarah upset, according to her conversation with James as they walk together?
8. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James? What does this sign mean?
9. What is the basis of the case the Orin and his lawyer are trying to make against the deaf school?
10. How does Sarah participate in the court hearing when it finally takes place within the play?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)