|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
(a) His own.
2. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
3. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her feet.
4. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
(a) Pressuring speech.
(b) Longer sessions.
(c) Romantic involvement.
(d) Poor teaching.
5. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She left him alone.
(b) She killed herself.
(c) She died of cancer.
(d) She was deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
2. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
3. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
4. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
5. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sarah participate in the court hearing when it finally takes place within the play?
2. What does Sarah do for a job, though her mother was unaware that she was doing this?
3. What does James accuse Sarah of when she refuses to let James translate her speech for her?
4. What does James have to say about Mrs. Norman's accusations of him and his teaching goals?
5. What does Sarah reject at the next meeting she has set up with the lawyer?
6. What does James have to say to Mrs. Norman about Sarah's intelligence and her future?
7. What does Orin inform Sarah of as she is walking beside him during the scene?
8. What does Mr. Franklin want James to do with Sarah Norman once they are introduced?
9. What does James decide to do in order to calm down after the chaos, though he feel guilty for doing so?
10. Why is Lydia watching the television with the sound turned completely up at James' house?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)