|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
2. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
(a) Talking about.
(b) Thinking of.
3. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
(c) Sarah's father.
4. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her teachers.
(c) Hearing people.
(d) Deaf people.
5. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
2. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
3. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
4. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
5. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James immediately assume about Sarah after Mr. Franklin leaves?
2. What does Mr. Franklin want James to do with Sarah Norman once they are introduced?
3. What does James have to say about Mrs. Norman's accusations of him and his teaching goals?
4. What does James say to himself (and to the audience) after Sarah runs off the stage after their argument?
5. What does Orin tell Sarah about her marriage in relation to the deaf rights that he is fighting to gain?
6. What does Sarah do for a job, though her mother was unaware that she was doing this?
7. What does Sarah reject at the next meeting she has set up with the lawyer?
8. What doesn't Sarah understand when she and James are signing and speaking to each other?
9. Why is Lydia watching the television with the sound turned completely up at James' house?
10. What does Orin inform Sarah of as she is walking beside him during the scene?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)