|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She says yes, she will marry him.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She accepts the date.
(d) She runs after him.
2. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
3. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
(a) His visit with her mother.
(b) His eventual move away from her.
(c) His grading system.
(d) His desire for her to speak.
4. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
5. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
(c) Argue with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
2. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
3. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
4. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
5. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James say to himself (and to the audience) after Sarah runs off the stage after their argument?
2. What does James realize about Sarah as they are at a restaurant and she points to a dessert item on the menu?
3. What does James tell Mr. Franklin to do in regards to the case being brought against the school?
4. What does Mr. Franklin want James to do with Sarah Norman once they are introduced?
5. Why are Orin and the lawyer happy about the results of the court hearing and the case?
6. What does James try to do in order to offset his nervousness about being with Sarah?
7. What happens when Mr. Franklin finds out about the romantic involvement of James and Sarah?
8. What is Orin frustrated about when he is trying to speak with James during a therapy session?
9. What does James have to say about Mrs. Norman's accusations of him and his teaching goals?
10. Describe the relationship Sarah shares with her mother as described in the following scene?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)