|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
2. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
3. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
4. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
(a) His desire for her to speak.
(b) His visit with her mother.
(c) His grading system.
(d) His eventual move away from her.
5. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
(a) Lip movements.
(c) Raid hand movements.
(d) Hearing sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
2. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
3. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
4. What is the request that Sarah does not agree with when James asks her to do something?
5. What specifically does Sarah make fun of when she is making fun of the group in #44?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah reject at the next meeting she has set up with the lawyer?
2. What does Orin do when he becomes frustrated with himself?
3. What does Sarah threaten to do when she is in the second meeting with the lawyer?
4. What does James realize about Sarah as they are at a restaurant and she points to a dessert item on the menu?
5. Why is Lydia watching the television with the sound turned completely up at James' house?
6. What does James try to do in order to offset his nervousness about being with Sarah?
7. What does James believe that he did which he admits to the audience with some difficulty?
8. What does Sarah sign to James during the first scene as they are having an argument?
9. What does Sarah do for a job, though her mother was unaware that she was doing this?
10. Describe the relationship Sarah shares with her mother as described in the following scene?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)