|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
2. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
3. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(b) Mr. Franklin.
4. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
(a) A cane.
(b) A hearing aid.
(c) A moustache.
(d) A pentacle.
5. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
2. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
3. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
4. How does Sarah keep her distance from James when they are dancing with each other?
5. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the profession of James Leeds in this play, CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD?
2. Why has James decided to teach Sarah the game of bridge?
3. What is the basis of the case the Orin and his lawyer are trying to make against the deaf school?
4. Why are Orin and the lawyer happy about the results of the court hearing and the case?
5. Why is Orin upset with the idea that James went out on a date with Sarah?
6. What does James decide to do in order to calm down after the chaos, though he feel guilty for doing so?
7. When James and Sarah finally talk, what do they agree happened between them?
8. What is the other sound that occurs which is only heard by James as the chaotic scene continues to unfold?
9. What does Mrs. Norman accuse James of doing to Sarah during their time together?
10. What is Sarah's mother's reaction to learning that Sarah had a job with the school?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)