|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
2. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
3. Sarah is found to not be very close to her ___________, according to James' research.
4. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
(a) Write his resignation letter.
(b) Chase after her.
(c) Run away from her.
(d) Teach another student.
5. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
2. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
3. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
4. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
5. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orin inform Sarah of as she is walking beside him during the scene?
2. What does Sarah say she wants Orin to do after she shows her speech to James?
3. What does James realize about Sarah as they are at a restaurant and she points to a dessert item on the menu?
4. What does James accuse Sarah of when she refuses to let James translate her speech for her?
5. Why does Sarah ask James to dance with her during their date? How does she know how to move?
6. What does James have to say to Mrs. Norman about Sarah's intelligence and her future?
7. What is the basis of the case the Orin and his lawyer are trying to make against the deaf school?
8. What does Sarah do when she realizes she needs help with the menu at the restaurant?
9. What is Orin frustrated about when he is trying to speak with James during a therapy session?
10. What does Sarah threaten to do when she is in the second meeting with the lawyer?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)