|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
2. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
(a) Sense of humor.
(b) Feelings about her mother.
(c) Rapid hand movements.
3. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) She was forced to leave.
(b) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
(c) She even loves him.
(d) He drove her away.
4. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Austin.
5. ___________ believes Sarah could go to college and get a better job if she wanted to.
(a) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
2. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
3. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
4. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
5. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James want to protect becoming the speech therapy teacher for Sarah?
2. What is the profession of James Leeds in this play, CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD?
3. How does Sarah participate in the court hearing when it finally takes place within the play?
4. Why does Sarah ask James to dance with her during their date? How does she know how to move?
5. Who enters the room with Sarah Norman after Orin finds success with his speech?
6. Why is James the only one who knows to answer the telephone when it begins to ring?
7. What does Orin inform Sarah of as she is walking beside him during the scene?
8. What makes Sarah even more upset as she is talking with James during their walk together? What does James suggest to make her upset?
9. What does James have to do in order to help Sarah with the telephone call for her?
10. What does Orin do when he becomes frustrated with himself?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)