|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
2. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Pretend to makeout.
(d) Hang out.
3. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
(b) He drove her away.
(c) She was forced to leave.
(d) She even loves him.
4. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(b) Mr. Franklin.
5. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She accepts the date.
(b) She says yes, she will marry him.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She runs after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
2. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
3. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
4. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
5. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sarah participate in the court hearing when it finally takes place within the play?
2. Why has James decided to teach Sarah the game of bridge?
3. What does James tell Mr. Franklin to do in regards to the case being brought against the school?
4. When James and Sarah finally talk, what do they agree happened between them?
5. What does James believe that he did which he admits to the audience with some difficulty?
6. Why does James want to protect becoming the speech therapy teacher for Sarah?
7. Why are Orin and the lawyer happy about the results of the court hearing and the case?
8. Who is at the bridge party at the beginning of the first scene of Act 2?
9. What does James accuse Sarah of when she refuses to let James translate her speech for her?
10. What does James immediately assume about Sarah after Mr. Franklin leaves?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)