|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
2. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
(b) Argue with.
3. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
(b) He drove her away.
(c) She was forced to leave.
(d) She even loves him.
4. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She left him alone.
(b) She killed herself.
(c) She was deaf.
(d) She died of cancer.
5. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
(a) A hearing aid.
(b) A pentacle.
(c) A cane.
(d) A moustache.
Short Answer Questions
1. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
2. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
3. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
4. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
5. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Orin upset with the idea that James went out on a date with Sarah?
2. Why can't James enjoy the pleasure of music anymore, according to him?
3. Why is James the only one who knows to answer the telephone when it begins to ring?
4. Why does Sarah ask James to dance with her during their date? How does she know how to move?
5. What happens when Mr. Franklin finds out about the romantic involvement of James and Sarah?
6. What is the reason for the argument between James and Sarah that follows the lawyer meeting?
7. Why does James want to protect becoming the speech therapy teacher for Sarah?
8. What does Mrs. Norman accuse James of doing to Sarah during their time together?
9. What does James' student do as he enters into the scene after Sarah and James' argument?
10. What is the profession of James Leeds in this play, CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)