|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franklin say he thinks just blew up in his ear?
(a) His heart.
(b) His hearing aid.
(c) His retirement.
(d) His decency.
2. James tells Sarah that she just can't start a _________ in the living room and then go to bed.
(a) Legal battle.
3. Sarah reveals that the entire conversation between her, Klein, Orin, and James made her feel she was being treated like __________.
(a) An invalid.
(b) A deaf person.
(c) A leper.
(d) An idiot.
4. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
5. What is Sarah's response to the idea of Orin filing a claim and starting a legal process?
(a) She is nervous about it.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is excited.
6. What does James say is the name of the caller, though it is really Orin and he corrects himself as he hands the call to Sarah?
(a) Che Guevara.
(c) John Lennon.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
7. Orin points out that the speech that Klein has written for Sarah is what all ______________ say.
(a) Deaf people.
(b) Handicapped people.
(c) Hearing people.
8. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
(a) She loses.
(b) She holds her own.
(c) She wins her first game.
(d) She gets frustrated and leaves.
9. Where are James and Sarah when the scene changes away from the card party?
(c) The restaurant.
(d) A park.
10. Orin taunts Sarah, saying that she has a full time interpreter, just like a United Nations _____________.
11. Who usually plays cards with James on a weekly basis, and now that Sarah has learned, she can join in?
(a) The maids.
(b) The interns.
(c) The students.
(d) The faculty.
12. James is never __________, he says that this is his saving grace when talking with Klein.
13. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
14. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(a) His own complaint.
(b) A note from another student.
(d) A note from him.
15. James asks Sarah whether she's afraid that having fun in the hearing world means she will have her angry deaf person's _________ revoked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Franklin warn James not to do during the card game so that he and Sarah don't cheat?
2. James questions the fact that Sarah doesn't want to talk anymore. "Do you think _________ is the best thing for confusion and anger?"
3. Orin tells Sarah that he wants her ____________ as the complaint begins.
4. Sarah says that she can enjoy music because of the ____________ she can experience.
5. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)