|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sarah's response to the idea of Orin filing a claim and starting a legal process?
(a) She is nervous about it.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is excited.
2. Who does Orin want to file a claim against according to his lawsuit aspirations?
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) James, specifically.
(d) The school.
3. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
4. Who has to translate the phone call so that Sarah can talk on the phone as well?
(d) Mr. Franklin.
5. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
6. Sarah says that she can enjoy music because of the ____________ she can experience.
(b) Reactions of James.
(c) Mood changes.
7. James points out that he already knows the drill, being Mrs. Leeds' ________________.
(c) Social secretary.
8. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Wants him to drop dead.
(b) Hates him.
(c) Wants to marry him.
(d) Doesn't want to see him.
9. Orin taunts Sarah for turning her back on the _____________.
(b) Deaf community.
(c) Men in her class.
10. Sarah points out that every time things get too serious for James, he ____________.
(a) Runs away.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Doesn't try to see her side.
(d) Makes a joke.
11. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
(b) Hiring practices.
12. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
13. Klein points out that being deaf could be very ____________ to Sarah in the present moment.
14. James questions the fact that Sarah doesn't want to talk anymore. "Do you think _________ is the best thing for confusion and anger?"
15. James makes the joke, "Hey, either I've just become _________ or it's suddenly quiet in here."
(a) Like Orin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
2. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
3. Orin taunts Sarah, saying that she has a full time interpreter, just like a United Nations _____________.
4. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
5. James realizes he can't enjoy the __________ because Sarah can't.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)