Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
2. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
(c) Neighbor's calls.
(d) Radio question.
3. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
4. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
(a) Speech therapist.
5. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
(a) His speaking.
(b) His wine choice.
(c) His outfit.
(d) His revolution.
6. Orin tells Sarah that he wants her ____________ as the complaint begins.
(a) To go away.
(b) To divorce James.
(c) With him.
(d) To write a book about their plight.
7. What does Klein finally say that she should be doing as the others are talking?
(c) Taking notes.
(d) Video taping.
8. Orin pokes fun at Sarah, saying that she is a regular American _________ now that she's married James.
(a) Hearing person.
(d) Stepford wife.
9. James, in his rage about how loud the house is makes the joke that if only someone would fire a __________ through the window.
(b) Heavy pipe.
(c) Fire ball.
(d) Hand grenade.
10. What else is sounding in the house which is only heard by James as the others are deaf or hearing impaired?
(b) Oven buzzer.
11. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Wants to marry him.
(b) Doesn't want to see him.
(c) Wants him to drop dead.
(d) Hates him.
12. Sarah says that what's going on between Orin and herself is not about James' _________.
(a) Dedication to her.
13. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
(d) Used to.
14. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(a) A note from another student.
(b) A note from him.
(c) His own complaint.
15. James realizes he can't enjoy the __________ because Sarah can't.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Franklin warn James not to do during the card game so that he and Sarah don't cheat?
2. Orin taunts Sarah, saying that she has a full time interpreter, just like a United Nations _____________.
3. Who usually plays cards with James on a weekly basis, and now that Sarah has learned, she can join in?
4. Sarah moves out of the conversation as ___________ begins to speak for her.
5. Sarah thinks James wants her to be a deaf person so he can change her into a ___________ person.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)