|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
(a) Speech therapist.
2. Orin taunts Sarah for turning her back on the _____________.
(b) Men in her class.
(d) Deaf community.
3. Sarah tells James she is feeling caught between the ________ and the deaf world.
4. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
(c) Believes in.
5. Who usually plays cards with James on a weekly basis, and now that Sarah has learned, she can join in?
(a) The interns.
(b) The faculty.
(c) The students.
(d) The maids.
6. Sarah notes that neither Orin nor James has any right to _____________ from anyone.
(a) Take away rights.
(b) Protect her.
(c) Take advice.
(d) Listen to advice.
7. Where are James and Sarah when the scene changes away from the card party?
(a) The restaurant.
(c) A park.
8. What does James realize he hasn't turned on since he and Sarah have been married?
(a) The radio.
(b) The keyboard.
(c) The clock.
(d) The stove.
9. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
(a) She doesn't look at anyone's face.
(b) She spells out her responses in ASL.
(c) She talks too loudly.
(d) She assumes Sarah can hear.
10. What does Sarah want to show Orin when she goes into the kitchen with him?
(a) The oven.
(b) A machine that does 11 things.
(c) The phone.
(d) The TV.
11. What is the world that Orin points out that he and Sarah do not like to use when referring to Sarah particularly?
12. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
13. Sarah moves out of the conversation as ___________ begins to speak for her.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
14. What does Franklin say he thinks just blew up in his ear?
(a) His retirement.
(b) His heart.
(c) His decency.
(d) His hearing aid.
15. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Have a baby.
(b) Run away.
(c) Tear up the complaint.
(d) Renew their vows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah decides that she wants to make her own ___________ instead of using the one from Klein.
2. Who is on the other side of the stage, taunting Sarah as the scene unfolds?
3. Who has decided to try to teach Sarah how to play the card game being played?
4. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
5. James realizes he can't enjoy the __________ because Sarah can't.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)