|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydia ask for as she is watching TV in the other room?
(a) A beer.
(b) A bag of chips.
(c) A remote.
(d) A magazine.
2. What is the next topic of discussion between Sarah and James which begins to make her more upset?
(d) A baby.
3. Orin says that Sarah would be an asset because she is deaf, __________ deaf.
4. What is the world that Orin points out that he and Sarah do not like to use when referring to Sarah particularly?
5. James points out that he already knows the drill, being Mrs. Leeds' ________________.
(c) Social secretary.
6. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
7. Who does Orin want to file a claim against according to his lawsuit aspirations?
(a) James, specifically.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) The school.
8. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
9. What kind of game is being played at the party which opens the second act of the play?
10. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
11. Sarah admits to Orin that she was never good at the kind of _________ that Orin wanted.
12. Sarah points out that every time things get too serious for James, he ____________.
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Makes a joke.
(c) Doesn't try to see her side.
(d) Runs away.
13. What does Klein finally say that she should be doing as the others are talking?
(a) Video taping.
(d) Taking notes.
14. What does James decide to listen to in order to calm his nerves after the phone call?
15. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
(a) She spells out her responses in ASL.
(b) She assumes Sarah can hear.
(c) She talks too loudly.
(d) She doesn't look at anyone's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah end up asking Orin to do when they are on the phone together?
2. Sarah moves out of the conversation as ___________ begins to speak for her.
3. Sarah says that what's going on between Orin and herself is not about James' _________.
4. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
5. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)