|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of game is being played at the party which opens the second act of the play?
2. Who is over at James and Sarah's house, watching television as the scene changes again?
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
3. Sarah admits to Orin that she was never good at the kind of _________ that Orin wanted.
4. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
5. What time does James say that the dinner will begin, according to Sarah?
6. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
7. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
(a) His revolution.
(b) His outfit.
(c) His wine choice.
(d) His speaking.
8. Orin says that Sarah would be an asset because she is deaf, __________ deaf.
9. Klein points out that being deaf could be very ____________ to Sarah in the present moment.
10. Orin pokes fun at Sarah, saying that she is a regular American _________ now that she's married James.
(a) Stepford wife.
(b) Hearing person.
11. What is Sarah's response to the idea of Orin filing a claim and starting a legal process?
(a) She is nervous about it.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is excited.
12. Who is NOT at the party which is being thrown at the start of the second act of the play?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
13. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
(b) Neighbor's calls.
(d) Radio question.
14. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
15. Who usually plays cards with James on a weekly basis, and now that Sarah has learned, she can join in?
(a) The students.
(b) The maids.
(c) The interns.
(d) The faculty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the way the person is watching the television at James and Sarah's house?
2. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
3. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
4. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
5. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)