|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(a) A note from him.
(b) A note from another student.
(c) His own complaint.
2. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
(a) She talks too loudly.
(b) She assumes Sarah can hear.
(c) She spells out her responses in ASL.
(d) She doesn't look at anyone's face.
3. Sarah notes that neither Orin nor James has any right to _____________ from anyone.
(a) Take advice.
(b) Listen to advice.
(c) Take away rights.
(d) Protect her.
4. James points out that he already knows the drill, being Mrs. Leeds' ________________.
(b) Social secretary.
5. Sarah notes to James that, "I like this best - what we can do __________ together."
(a) Holding hands.
6. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
7. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
(a) Too fast.
(b) Too still.
(c) Organ music.
(d) Too slow.
8. What does James realize he hasn't turned on since he and Sarah have been married?
(a) The keyboard.
(b) The stove.
(c) The clock.
(d) The radio.
9. What is smoking as it comes out of the stove after the buzzer goes off for a long period of time?
10. Who does Orin want to file a claim against according to his lawsuit aspirations?
(a) The school.
(b) James, specifically.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
11. Orin also points out that they will need a _____________ for several weeks during the legal battle.
(d) Place to stay.
12. Orin points out that the school is supposed to exist for the ___________ of its students.
13. Who is NOT at the party which is being thrown at the start of the second act of the play?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
14. James realizes he can't enjoy the __________ because Sarah can't.
15. James points out it is one of his rights to feel ____________ for his wife even if she's being a hard ass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah points out that James is not funny in __________, only in hearing.
2. What does Sarah want to show Orin when she goes into the kitchen with him?
3. Orin says that Sarah would be an asset because she is deaf, __________ deaf.
4. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
5. James asks Sarah whether she's afraid that having fun in the hearing world means she will have her angry deaf person's _________ revoked.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)