|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
(a) Speech therapist.
2. What kind of game is being played at the party which opens the second act of the play?
3. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
(a) Lydia is graduating.
(b) Lydia is getting married.
(c) Lydia now has Sarah's job as a maid.
(d) Lydia is pregnant.
4. What does Sarah want to show Orin when she goes into the kitchen with him?
(a) The TV.
(b) The phone.
(c) The oven.
(d) A machine that does 11 things.
5. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
(c) Used to.
6. Sarah reveals that Orin says their ____________ isn't as important as deaf rights.
(b) Social life.
7. __________ is amazed by Sarah's abilities and is obviously proud of her work.
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Norman.
8. Orin taunts Sarah, saying that she has a full time interpreter, just like a United Nations _____________.
9. What does Klein try to do in order to impress Orin and Sarah during their next meeting?
(a) She tries to sign some words.
(b) She brings a translator.
(c) She doesn't talk loudly.
(d) She writes down her side of the conversation.
10. James makes the joke, "Hey, either I've just become _________ or it's suddenly quiet in here."
(d) Like Orin.
11. Orin points out that the speech that Klein has written for Sarah is what all ______________ say.
(a) Hearing people.
(b) Handicapped people.
(c) Deaf people.
12. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
(a) He is.
(b) She can just give up.
(c) Then she doesn't have to.
(d) It's okay too.
13. Sarah says that she can enjoy music because of the ____________ she can experience.
(b) Mood changes.
(c) Reactions of James.
14. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Tear up the complaint.
(b) Run away.
(c) Renew their vows.
(d) Have a baby.
15. James points out that he already knows the drill, being Mrs. Leeds' ________________.
(b) Social secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
2. Sarah thinks James wants her to be a deaf person so he can change her into a ___________ person.
3. What is smoking as it comes out of the stove after the buzzer goes off for a long period of time?
4. Who used to cry because he could hear enough of the organ music that it made their ears hurt?
5. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)