|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says that she can enjoy music because of the ____________ she can experience.
(c) Reactions of James.
(d) Mood changes.
2. Who does Orin want to file a claim against according to his lawsuit aspirations?
(a) James, specifically.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) The school.
3. Who is NOT at the party which is being thrown at the start of the second act of the play?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
4. James, in his rage about how loud the house is makes the joke that if only someone would fire a __________ through the window.
(a) Hand grenade.
(b) Fire ball.
(d) Heavy pipe.
5. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
6. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(a) A note from another student.
(b) His own complaint.
(d) A note from him.
7. James makes the joke, "Hey, either I've just become _________ or it's suddenly quiet in here."
(c) Like Orin.
8. Who has to translate the phone call so that Sarah can talk on the phone as well?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
9. Sarah notes that Orin practically accused her of being a __________ hearing person.
10. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
(a) Lydia is getting married.
(b) Lydia is pregnant.
(c) Lydia is graduating.
(d) Lydia now has Sarah's job as a maid.
11. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
12. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
(a) Too slow.
(b) Too still.
(c) Organ music.
(d) Too fast.
13. James points out that he already knows the drill, being Mrs. Leeds' ________________.
(c) Social secretary.
14. Who used to cry because he could hear enough of the organ music that it made their ears hurt?
(a) Mrs. Norman.
15. What is Sarah's response to the idea of Orin filing a claim and starting a legal process?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is nervous about it.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. James is never __________, he says that this is his saving grace when talking with Klein.
2. Why is James hesitant to go for a walk with Sarah, though she encourages him to do so anyway?
3. Orin also points out that they will need a _____________ for several weeks during the legal battle.
4. What does Franklin say he thinks just blew up in his ear?
5. James questions the fact that Sarah doesn't want to talk anymore. "Do you think _________ is the best thing for confusion and anger?"
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)