|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
2. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
3. James points out it is one of his rights to feel ____________ for his wife even if she's being a hard ass.
4. Who has decided to try to teach Sarah how to play the card game being played?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
5. What does James point out about the way that Klein was speaking once Sarah shows she was jealous of their interaction?
(a) She was talking too loudly.
(b) She had a lisp.
(c) She mumbled.
(d) She was gramatically incorrect.
6. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
(a) Believes in.
7. What is Orin called James on the phone that James points out to the audience without signing it for Sarah?
(a) Mr. Leeds.
8. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
9. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(a) A note from him.
(b) A note from another student.
(c) His own complaint.
10. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Wants him to drop dead.
(b) Hates him.
(c) Wants to marry him.
(d) Doesn't want to see him.
11. What is Sarah's response to the idea of Orin filing a claim and starting a legal process?
(a) She is nervous about it.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is happy.
12. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
(a) She can just give up.
(b) He is.
(c) Then she doesn't have to.
(d) It's okay too.
13. What does Mr. Franklin warn James not to do during the card game so that he and Sarah don't cheat?
(a) Make eye contact.
(b) Give clues.
(c) Touch each other.
14. Sarah points out that James is not funny in __________, only in hearing.
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her heart.
15. Sarah says that she can enjoy music because of the ____________ she can experience.
(a) Mood changes.
(b) Reactions of James.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin points out that the speech that Klein has written for Sarah is what all ______________ say.
2. Sarah realizes that __________ doesn't want her to be a hearing person as this person needs a pure deaf person.
3. Where are James and Sarah when the scene changes away from the card party?
4. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
5. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)