|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
2. What is the next topic of discussion between Sarah and James which begins to make her more upset?
(c) A baby.
3. What does Mr. Franklin warn James not to do during the card game so that he and Sarah don't cheat?
(a) Make eye contact.
(b) Touch each other.
(c) Give clues.
4. Who has to translate the phone call so that Sarah can talk on the phone as well?
(d) Mr. Franklin.
5. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
6. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
7. What does Klein finally say that she should be doing as the others are talking?
(b) Taking notes.
(d) Video taping.
8. What does James point out about the way that Klein was speaking once Sarah shows she was jealous of their interaction?
(a) She mumbled.
(b) She was talking too loudly.
(c) She had a lisp.
(d) She was gramatically incorrect.
9. Sarah notes that Orin practically accused her of being a __________ hearing person.
10. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
(a) She holds her own.
(b) She gets frustrated and leaves.
(c) She loses.
(d) She wins her first game.
11. James asks Sarah whether she's afraid that having fun in the hearing world means she will have her angry deaf person's _________ revoked.
12. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Run away.
(b) Tear up the complaint.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Renew their vows.
13. James stops the argument between Orin and Sarah, saying he has been cast in the role of Sarah's __________.
14. Who used to cry because he could hear enough of the organ music that it made their ears hurt?
(b) Mrs. Norman.
15. Sarah thinks James wants her to be a deaf person so he can change her into a ___________ person.
Short Answer Questions
1. James is never __________, he says that this is his saving grace when talking with Klein.
2. Who is on the other side of the stage, taunting Sarah as the scene unfolds?
3. Sarah admits to Orin that she was never good at the kind of _________ that Orin wanted.
4. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
5. Sarah notes that neither Orin nor James has any right to _____________ from anyone.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)