|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Orin called James on the phone that James points out to the audience without signing it for Sarah?
(c) Mr. Leeds.
2. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
(a) She spells out her responses in ASL.
(b) She doesn't look at anyone's face.
(c) She assumes Sarah can hear.
(d) She talks too loudly.
3. Klein points out that being deaf could be very ____________ to Sarah in the present moment.
4. Orin taunts Sarah, saying that she has a full time interpreter, just like a United Nations _____________.
5. Sarah points out that James is not funny in __________, only in hearing.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her heart.
6. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
(a) She gets frustrated and leaves.
(b) She wins her first game.
(c) She holds her own.
(d) She loses.
7. Sarah tells James she is feeling caught between the ________ and the deaf world.
8. James questions the fact that Sarah doesn't want to talk anymore. "Do you think _________ is the best thing for confusion and anger?"
9. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(a) His own complaint.
(b) A note from another student.
(d) A note from him.
10. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
11. What does Klein finally say that she should be doing as the others are talking?
(a) Taking notes.
(b) Video taping.
12. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
(d) Used to.
13. Orin tells Sarah that he wants her ____________ as the complaint begins.
(a) To write a book about their plight.
(b) With him.
(c) To go away.
(d) To divorce James.
14. James stops the argument between Orin and Sarah, saying he has been cast in the role of Sarah's __________.
15. James, in his rage about how loud the house is makes the joke that if only someone would fire a __________ through the window.
(a) Heavy pipe.
(c) Hand grenade.
(d) Fire ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
2. What is the world that Orin points out that he and Sarah do not like to use when referring to Sarah particularly?
3. Sarah realizes that __________ doesn't want her to be a hearing person as this person needs a pure deaf person.
4. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
5. What does James realize he hasn't turned on since he and Sarah have been married?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)