|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James makes the joke, "Hey, either I've just become _________ or it's suddenly quiet in here."
(c) Like Orin.
2. Where are James and Sarah when the scene changes away from the card party?
(a) A park.
(b) The restaurant.
3. Sarah tells James she is feeling caught between the ________ and the deaf world.
4. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
5. What is the world that Orin points out that he and Sarah do not like to use when referring to Sarah particularly?
6. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(a) A note from him.
(c) His own complaint.
(d) A note from another student.
7. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
(a) Then she doesn't have to.
(b) She can just give up.
(c) It's okay too.
(d) He is.
8. What does Franklin say he thinks just blew up in his ear?
(a) His hearing aid.
(b) His heart.
(c) His retirement.
(d) His decency.
9. Orin tells Sarah that he wants her ____________ as the complaint begins.
(a) To divorce James.
(b) With him.
(c) To write a book about their plight.
(d) To go away.
10. What does James say is the name of the caller, though it is really Orin and he corrects himself as he hands the call to Sarah?
(a) Che Guevara.
(b) John Lennon.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
11. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
(d) Hiring practices.
12. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
(a) Organ music.
(b) Too still.
(c) Too slow.
(d) Too fast.
13. James is never __________, he says that this is his saving grace when talking with Klein.
14. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
(a) Lydia is getting married.
(b) Lydia is pregnant.
(c) Lydia is graduating.
(d) Lydia now has Sarah's job as a maid.
15. James questions the fact that Sarah doesn't want to talk anymore. "Do you think _________ is the best thing for confusion and anger?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah points out that every time things get too serious for James, he ____________.
2. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
3. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
4. What is Orin called James on the phone that James points out to the audience without signing it for Sarah?
5. Why is James hesitant to go for a walk with Sarah, though she encourages him to do so anyway?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)