|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the way the person is watching the television at James and Sarah's house?
(a) The volume is all the way down.
(b) They are close to the screen.
(c) The volume is all the way up.
(d) The screen isn't turned on.
2. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
(a) His wine choice.
(b) His revolution.
(c) His outfit.
(d) His speaking.
3. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Wants to marry him.
(b) Doesn't want to see him.
(c) Hates him.
(d) Wants him to drop dead.
4. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
5. Where are James and Sarah when the scene changes away from the card party?
(a) The restaurant.
(d) A park.
6. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
7. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
(a) Lydia is pregnant.
(b) Lydia now has Sarah's job as a maid.
(c) Lydia is graduating.
(d) Lydia is getting married.
8. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
(a) She gets frustrated and leaves.
(b) She loses.
(c) She holds her own.
(d) She wins her first game.
9. Sarah points out that every time things get too serious for James, he ____________.
(a) Doesn't try to see her side.
(b) Makes a joke.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Runs away.
10. James makes the joke, "Hey, either I've just become _________ or it's suddenly quiet in here."
(a) Like Orin.
11. What does James point out about the way that Klein was speaking once Sarah shows she was jealous of their interaction?
(a) She had a lisp.
(b) She mumbled.
(c) She was gramatically incorrect.
(d) She was talking too loudly.
12. Sarah notes to James that, "I like this best - what we can do __________ together."
(c) Holding hands.
13. James stops the argument between Orin and Sarah, saying he has been cast in the role of Sarah's __________.
14. James realizes he can't enjoy the __________ because Sarah can't.
15. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia ask for as she is watching TV in the other room?
2. Who used to cry because he could hear enough of the organ music that it made their ears hurt?
3. Who is on the other side of the stage, taunting Sarah as the scene unfolds?
4. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
5. Orin also points out that they will need a _____________ for several weeks during the legal battle.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)