|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
2. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Run away.
(b) Tear up the complaint.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Renew their vows.
3. What does Sarah end up asking Orin to do when they are on the phone together?
(a) Stop the legal battle.
(b) Come to dinner.
(c) Come to the house for a book.
(d) Bring her chocolate.
4. Who used to cry because he could hear enough of the organ music that it made their ears hurt?
(a) Mrs. Norman.
5. Sarah admits to Orin that she was never good at the kind of _________ that Orin wanted.
6. Sarah notes that neither Orin nor James has any right to _____________ from anyone.
(a) Listen to advice.
(b) Protect her.
(c) Take away rights.
(d) Take advice.
7. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
8. Orin pokes fun at Sarah, saying that she is a regular American _________ now that she's married James.
(a) Stepford wife.
(b) Hearing person.
9. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Hates him.
(b) Doesn't want to see him.
(c) Wants him to drop dead.
(d) Wants to marry him.
10. When James goes to embrace Sarah, what does she tell him after she pushes him away?
(a) Don't touch me.
(b) Don't pity me.
(c) Don't worry about me.
(d) Leave me alone.
11. Sarah thinks James wants her to be a deaf person so he can change her into a ___________ person.
12. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
(a) She can just give up.
(b) He is.
(c) It's okay too.
(d) Then she doesn't have to.
13. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
(a) Believes in.
14. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
(a) She loses.
(b) She holds her own.
(c) She gets frustrated and leaves.
(d) She wins her first game.
15. Orin points out that the speech that Klein has written for Sarah is what all ______________ say.
(b) Handicapped people.
(c) Deaf people.
(d) Hearing people.
Short Answer Questions
1. James makes the joke, "Hey, either I've just become _________ or it's suddenly quiet in here."
2. Orin tells Sarah that he wants her ____________ as the complaint begins.
3. What does James say is the name of the caller, though it is really Orin and he corrects himself as he hands the call to Sarah?
4. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
5. Sarah reveals that the entire conversation between her, Klein, Orin, and James made her feel she was being treated like __________.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)