|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT at the party which is being thrown at the start of the second act of the play?
(d) Mr. Franklin.
2. Who has to translate the phone call so that Sarah can talk on the phone as well?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
3. Sarah admits to Orin that she was never good at the kind of _________ that Orin wanted.
4. What does Klein finally say that she should be doing as the others are talking?
(c) Video taping.
(d) Taking notes.
5. Orin taunts Sarah, saying that she has a full time interpreter, just like a United Nations _____________.
6. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
(a) She wins her first game.
(b) She gets frustrated and leaves.
(c) She holds her own.
(d) She loses.
7. Sarah decides that she wants to make her own ___________ instead of using the one from Klein.
(c) List of questions.
8. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
9. Orin says that Sarah would be an asset because she is deaf, __________ deaf.
10. Who used to cry because he could hear enough of the organ music that it made their ears hurt?
(a) Mrs. Norman.
11. Orin also points out that they will need a _____________ for several weeks during the legal battle.
(d) Place to stay.
12. Orin points out that the school is supposed to exist for the ___________ of its students.
13. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Have a baby.
(b) Renew their vows.
(c) Tear up the complaint.
(d) Run away.
14. Why is James hesitant to go for a walk with Sarah, though she encourages him to do so anyway?
(a) It's midnight.
(b) It's too early.
(c) It's cold.
(d) It's in a dangerous neighborhood.
15. Orin points out that the speech that Klein has written for Sarah is what all ______________ say.
(a) Hearing people.
(c) Handicapped people.
(d) Deaf people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orin want to file a claim against according to his lawsuit aspirations?
2. What does Orin compliment Sarah on when they are reminiscing about their past together?
3. What kind of game is being played at the party which opens the second act of the play?
4. What does Franklin say he thinks just blew up in his ear?
5. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)