|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
2. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
(a) It's okay too.
(b) Then she doesn't have to.
(c) He is.
(d) She can just give up.
3. Who is the phone call for, the one that rings when no one but James can hear it?
(d) Mr. Franklin.
4. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Have a baby.
(b) Run away.
(c) Tear up the complaint.
(d) Renew their vows.
5. When James goes to embrace Sarah, what does she tell him after she pushes him away?
(a) Leave me alone.
(b) Don't pity me.
(c) Don't touch me.
(d) Don't worry about me.
6. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
7. Orin says that Sarah would be an asset because she is deaf, __________ deaf.
8. Klein points out that being deaf could be very ____________ to Sarah in the present moment.
9. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
(c) Hiring practices.
10. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
11. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
(a) Used to.
12. Sarah notes that neither Orin nor James has any right to _____________ from anyone.
(a) Protect her.
(b) Take away rights.
(c) Listen to advice.
(d) Take advice.
13. What does James realize he hasn't turned on since he and Sarah have been married?
(a) The radio.
(b) The clock.
(c) The stove.
(d) The keyboard.
14. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
(a) She doesn't look at anyone's face.
(b) She spells out her responses in ASL.
(c) She assumes Sarah can hear.
(d) She talks too loudly.
15. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
Short Answer Questions
1. James points out it is one of his rights to feel ____________ for his wife even if she's being a hard ass.
2. Who is over at James and Sarah's house, watching television as the scene changes again?
3. James tells Sarah that she just can't start a _________ in the living room and then go to bed.
4. Sarah admits to Orin that she was never good at the kind of _________ that Orin wanted.
5. What else is sounding in the house which is only heard by James as the others are deaf or hearing impaired?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)