|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah notes to James that, "I like this best - what we can do __________ together."
(b) Holding hands.
2. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
(a) She wins her first game.
(b) She loses.
(c) She holds her own.
(d) She gets frustrated and leaves.
3. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
(a) Too still.
(b) Too slow.
(c) Too fast.
(d) Organ music.
4. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
5. __________ is amazed by Sarah's abilities and is obviously proud of her work.
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
6. Sarah notes that neither Orin nor James has any right to _____________ from anyone.
(a) Listen to advice.
(b) Take away rights.
(c) Protect her.
(d) Take advice.
7. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
(b) Used to.
8. James questions the fact that Sarah doesn't want to talk anymore. "Do you think _________ is the best thing for confusion and anger?"
9. Who is over at James and Sarah's house, watching television as the scene changes again?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Norman.
10. Where are James and Sarah when the scene changes away from the card party?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) A park.
11. Sarah says that what's going on between Orin and herself is not about James' _________.
(d) Dedication to her.
12. Orin taunts Sarah for turning her back on the _____________.
(a) Men in her class.
(c) Deaf community.
13. Sarah notes that Orin practically accused her of being a __________ hearing person.
14. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Wants to marry him.
(b) Wants him to drop dead.
(c) Hates him.
(d) Doesn't want to see him.
15. What does Klein finally say that she should be doing as the others are talking?
(a) Taking notes.
(c) Video taping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
2. Sarah reveals that Orin says their ____________ isn't as important as deaf rights.
3. Orin taunts Sarah, saying that she has a full time interpreter, just like a United Nations _____________.
4. What does James say is the name of the caller, though it is really Orin and he corrects himself as he hands the call to Sarah?
5. Sarah points out that every time things get too serious for James, he ____________.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)