|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says the lawyer wants her to hate ___________ so people feel sorry about her condition.
(b) Being at the school.
(c) Being deaf.
(d) Being dumb.
2. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
3. James is the only one to answer the _____________ as he is the only one who hears it.
(a) Radio question.
(b) Neighbor's calls.
4. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
5. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
(a) He is.
(b) She can just give up.
(c) It's okay too.
(d) Then she doesn't have to.
6. Orin tells Sarah that he wants her ____________ as the complaint begins.
(a) To go away.
(b) To write a book about their plight.
(c) To divorce James.
(d) With him.
7. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
8. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
(a) She talks too loudly.
(b) She spells out her responses in ASL.
(c) She assumes Sarah can hear.
(d) She doesn't look at anyone's face.
9. Sarah moves out of the conversation as ___________ begins to speak for her.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
10. Sarah says that what's going on between Orin and herself is not about James' _________.
(d) Dedication to her.
11. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Run away.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Tear up the complaint.
(d) Renew their vows.
12. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Doesn't want to see him.
(b) Hates him.
(c) Wants to marry him.
(d) Wants him to drop dead.
13. Sarah admits to Orin that she was never good at the kind of _________ that Orin wanted.
14. Sarah notes to James that, "I like this best - what we can do __________ together."
(a) Holding hands.
15. What does James decide to listen to in order to calm his nerves after the phone call?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the world that Orin points out that he and Sarah do not like to use when referring to Sarah particularly?
2. Who has to translate the phone call so that Sarah can talk on the phone as well?
3. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
4. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
5. Sarah points out that James is not funny in __________, only in hearing.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)