|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When James goes to embrace Sarah, what does she tell him after she pushes him away?
(a) Don't worry about me.
(b) Leave me alone.
(c) Don't pity me.
(d) Don't touch me.
2. What does Klein finally say that she should be doing as the others are talking?
(a) Video taping.
(c) Taking notes.
3. Who used to cry because he could hear enough of the organ music that it made their ears hurt?
(c) Mrs. Norman.
4. Who does Orin want to file a claim against according to his lawsuit aspirations?
(a) James, specifically.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) The school.
5. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
6. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
(d) Speech therapist.
7. Sarah reveals that the entire conversation between her, Klein, Orin, and James made her feel she was being treated like __________.
(a) An invalid.
(b) A leper.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A deaf person.
8. What is smoking as it comes out of the stove after the buzzer goes off for a long period of time?
9. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(b) A note from another student.
(c) A note from him.
(d) His own complaint.
10. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
11. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Renew their vows.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Tear up the complaint.
(d) Run away.
12. Who has to translate the phone call so that Sarah can talk on the phone as well?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
13. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
14. James is never __________, he says that this is his saving grace when talking with Klein.
15. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
(a) Too still.
(b) Too fast.
(c) Organ music.
(d) Too slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah points out that James is not funny in __________, only in hearing.
2. What does James point out about the way that Klein was speaking once Sarah shows she was jealous of their interaction?
3. What is Orin called James on the phone that James points out to the audience without signing it for Sarah?
4. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
5. What is the next topic of discussion between Sarah and James which begins to make her more upset?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)