|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah reveals that the entire conversation between her, Klein, Orin, and James made her feel she was being treated like __________.
(a) An idiot.
(b) An invalid.
(c) A deaf person.
(d) A leper.
2. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Renew their vows.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Run away.
(d) Tear up the complaint.
3. Sarah realizes that __________ doesn't want her to be a hearing person as this person needs a pure deaf person.
4. Sarah says that what's going on between Orin and herself is not about James' _________.
(b) Dedication to her.
5. Sarah says the lawyer wants her to hate ___________ so people feel sorry about her condition.
(b) Being deaf.
(c) Being dumb.
(d) Being at the school.
6. What does Sarah want to show Orin when she goes into the kitchen with him?
(a) The phone.
(b) A machine that does 11 things.
(c) The TV.
(d) The oven.
7. Orin says that Sarah would be an asset because she is deaf, __________ deaf.
8. Who usually plays cards with James on a weekly basis, and now that Sarah has learned, she can join in?
(a) The students.
(b) The faculty.
(c) The maids.
(d) The interns.
9. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
(d) Used to.
10. Who does Orin want to file a claim against according to his lawsuit aspirations?
(b) The school.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) James, specifically.
11. What does Orin compliment Sarah on when they are reminiscing about their past together?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her signing.
(c) Her speech.
(d) Her apartment.
12. What does Lydia ask for as she is watching TV in the other room?
(a) A bag of chips.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A beer.
(d) A remote.
13. Sarah notes that neither Orin nor James has any right to _____________ from anyone.
(a) Protect her.
(b) Listen to advice.
(c) Take advice.
(d) Take away rights.
14. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
15. What is smoking as it comes out of the stove after the buzzer goes off for a long period of time?
Short Answer Questions
1. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
2. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
3. Orin also points out that they will need a _____________ for several weeks during the legal battle.
4. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
5. Sarah tells James she is feeling caught between the ________ and the deaf world.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)