|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
2. What does James realize he hasn't turned on since he and Sarah have been married?
(a) The stove.
(b) The clock.
(c) The radio.
(d) The keyboard.
3. What does Lydia ask for as she is watching TV in the other room?
(a) A remote.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A beer.
(d) A bag of chips.
4. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
(a) She gets frustrated and leaves.
(b) She holds her own.
(c) She wins her first game.
(d) She loses.
5. Who does Orin want to file a claim against according to his lawsuit aspirations?
(a) James, specifically.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(d) The school.
6. What is smoking as it comes out of the stove after the buzzer goes off for a long period of time?
7. Sarah admits to Orin that she was never good at the kind of _________ that Orin wanted.
8. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
(b) Believes in.
9. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
(a) Lydia is graduating.
(b) Lydia is getting married.
(c) Lydia now has Sarah's job as a maid.
(d) Lydia is pregnant.
10. Sarah says the lawyer wants her to hate ___________ so people feel sorry about her condition.
(b) Being deaf.
(c) Being at the school.
(d) Being dumb.
11. What does Franklin say he thinks just blew up in his ear?
(a) His heart.
(b) His hearing aid.
(c) His decency.
(d) His retirement.
12. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
(a) Used to.
13. Sarah thinks James wants her to be a deaf person so he can change her into a ___________ person.
14. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
(a) She doesn't look at anyone's face.
(b) She spells out her responses in ASL.
(c) She assumes Sarah can hear.
(d) She talks too loudly.
15. When James goes to embrace Sarah, what does she tell him after she pushes him away?
(a) Don't worry about me.
(b) Don't touch me.
(c) Leave me alone.
(d) Don't pity me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
2. James asks Sarah whether she's afraid that having fun in the hearing world means she will have her angry deaf person's _________ revoked.
3. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
4. James stops the argument between Orin and Sarah, saying he has been cast in the role of Sarah's __________.
5. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)