|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
(d) Used to.
2. James stops the argument between Orin and Sarah, saying he has been cast in the role of Sarah's __________.
3. James makes the joke, "Hey, either I've just become _________ or it's suddenly quiet in here."
(b) Like Orin.
4. What does Lydia ask for as she is watching TV in the other room?
(a) A remote.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A beer.
(d) A bag of chips.
5. Sarah says that she can enjoy music because of the ____________ she can experience.
(c) Mood changes.
(d) Reactions of James.
6. Where are James and Sarah when the scene changes away from the card party?
(a) A park.
(c) The restaurant.
7. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
(a) Lydia is getting married.
(b) Lydia is pregnant.
(c) Lydia now has Sarah's job as a maid.
(d) Lydia is graduating.
8. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
(a) Speech therapist.
9. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(a) A note from another student.
(c) A note from him.
(d) His own complaint.
10. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
11. James, in his rage about how loud the house is makes the joke that if only someone would fire a __________ through the window.
(a) Heavy pipe.
(c) Hand grenade.
(d) Fire ball.
12. Why is James hesitant to go for a walk with Sarah, though she encourages him to do so anyway?
(a) It's midnight.
(b) It's cold.
(c) It's in a dangerous neighborhood.
(d) It's too early.
13. James is never __________, he says that this is his saving grace when talking with Klein.
14. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
15. What does James realize he hasn't turned on since he and Sarah have been married?
(a) The stove.
(b) The keyboard.
(c) The clock.
(d) The radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does James say that the dinner will begin, according to Sarah?
2. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
3. What does Klein try to do in order to impress Orin and Sarah during their next meeting?
4. What does James decide to listen to in order to calm his nerves after the phone call?
5. James asks Sarah whether she's afraid that having fun in the hearing world means she will have her angry deaf person's _________ revoked.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)