|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah decides that she wants to make her own ___________ instead of using the one from Klein.
(c) List of questions.
2. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
3. What does Sarah want to show Orin when she goes into the kitchen with him?
(a) The oven.
(b) The TV.
(c) The phone.
(d) A machine that does 11 things.
4. Sarah says the lawyer wants her to hate ___________ so people feel sorry about her condition.
(b) Being deaf.
(c) Being dumb.
(d) Being at the school.
5. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
(a) She can just give up.
(b) Then she doesn't have to.
(c) He is.
(d) It's okay too.
6. James stops the argument between Orin and Sarah, saying he has been cast in the role of Sarah's __________.
7. Orin taunts Sarah, saying that she has a full time interpreter, just like a United Nations _____________.
8. Sarah believes that she is too _________ to learn how to lip read or to speak well.
9. Sarah says that she can enjoy music because of the ____________ she can experience.
(a) Mood changes.
(c) Reactions of James.
10. Sarah tells James she is feeling caught between the ________ and the deaf world.
11. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Doesn't want to see him.
(b) Hates him.
(c) Wants to marry him.
(d) Wants him to drop dead.
12. What else is sounding in the house which is only heard by James as the others are deaf or hearing impaired?
(a) Oven buzzer.
13. Who is over at James and Sarah's house, watching television as the scene changes again?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
14. What is the world that Orin points out that he and Sarah do not like to use when referring to Sarah particularly?
15. Orin tells Sarah that he wants her ____________ as the complaint begins.
(a) To write a book about their plight.
(b) To go away.
(c) With him.
(d) To divorce James.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah thinks James wants her to be a deaf person so he can change her into a ___________ person.
2. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
3. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
4. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
5. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)