|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT at the party which is being thrown at the start of the second act of the play?
(b) Mr. Franklin.
2. Orin says that Sarah would be an asset because she is deaf, __________ deaf.
3. Sarah points out that every time things get too serious for James, he ____________.
(a) Makes a joke.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Doesn't try to see her side.
4. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
(a) Believes in.
5. Who usually plays cards with James on a weekly basis, and now that Sarah has learned, she can join in?
(a) The faculty.
(b) The maids.
(c) The students.
(d) The interns.
6. Sarah admits to Orin that she was never good at the kind of _________ that Orin wanted.
7. Who has to translate the phone call so that Sarah can talk on the phone as well?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
8. When James goes to embrace Sarah, what does she tell him after she pushes him away?
(a) Don't touch me.
(b) Don't worry about me.
(c) Leave me alone.
(d) Don't pity me.
9. Sarah reveals that the entire conversation between her, Klein, Orin, and James made her feel she was being treated like __________.
(a) An invalid.
(b) A leper.
(c) A deaf person.
(d) An idiot.
10. Orin points out that the speech that Klein has written for Sarah is what all ______________ say.
(a) Hearing people.
(b) Deaf people.
(c) Handicapped people.
11. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Doesn't want to see him.
(b) Wants to marry him.
(c) Hates him.
(d) Wants him to drop dead.
12. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
(c) Used to.
13. James points out that he already knows the drill, being Mrs. Leeds' ________________.
(c) Social secretary.
14. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
15. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is smoking as it comes out of the stove after the buzzer goes off for a long period of time?
2. What does Klein try to do in order to impress Orin and Sarah during their next meeting?
3. What else is sounding in the house which is only heard by James as the others are deaf or hearing impaired?
4. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
5. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)