|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin pokes fun at Sarah, saying that she is a regular American _________ now that she's married James.
(a) Hearing person.
(c) Stepford wife.
2. What is the next topic of discussion between Sarah and James which begins to make her more upset?
(c) A baby.
3. What does James realize he hasn't turned on since he and Sarah have been married?
(a) The stove.
(b) The keyboard.
(c) The clock.
(d) The radio.
4. Orin also points out that they will need a _____________ for several weeks during the legal battle.
(d) Place to stay.
5. What time does James say that the dinner will begin, according to Sarah?
6. Orin taunts Sarah, saying that she has a full time interpreter, just like a United Nations _____________.
7. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
(a) Too fast.
(b) Organ music.
(c) Too still.
(d) Too slow.
8. The lawyer thinks that ___________ are certainly open to question at the school, so their complaint might be valid.
(a) Hiring practices.
9. Sarah notes that Orin practically accused her of being a __________ hearing person.
10. When Sarah sees people _____________, she can feel even more from the music.
11. Sarah realizes that __________ doesn't want her to be a hearing person as this person needs a pure deaf person.
12. Who is on the other side of the stage, taunting Sarah as the scene unfolds?
(d) Mrs. Norman.
13. Sarah thinks James wants her to be a deaf person so he can change her into a ___________ person.
14. What does Klein finally say that she should be doing as the others are talking?
(a) Taking notes.
(b) Video taping.
15. What does James say is the name of the caller, though it is really Orin and he corrects himself as he hands the call to Sarah?
(a) Che Guevara.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(d) John Lennon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah reveals that the entire conversation between her, Klein, Orin, and James made her feel she was being treated like __________.
2. What does Sarah end up asking Orin to do when they are on the phone together?
3. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
4. What does Mr. Franklin warn James not to do during the card game so that he and Sarah don't cheat?
5. Sarah points out that James is not funny in __________, only in hearing.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)