|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James, in his rage about how loud the house is makes the joke that if only someone would fire a __________ through the window.
(a) Hand grenade.
(b) Heavy pipe.
(c) Fire ball.
2. Orin tells Sarah about the _________ he has hired about a claim he wants to make.
(a) Speech therapist.
3. What kind of game is being played at the party which opens the second act of the play?
4. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
(a) She wins her first game.
(b) She holds her own.
(c) She gets frustrated and leaves.
(d) She loses.
5. What does Sarah end up asking Orin to do when they are on the phone together?
(a) Come to the house for a book.
(b) Stop the legal battle.
(c) Come to dinner.
(d) Bring her chocolate.
6. Who usually plays cards with James on a weekly basis, and now that Sarah has learned, she can join in?
(a) The interns.
(b) The maids.
(c) The students.
(d) The faculty.
7. Sarah decides that she wants to make her own ___________ instead of using the one from Klein.
(c) List of questions.
8. What is the next topic of discussion between Sarah and James which begins to make her more upset?
(d) A baby.
9. What does James realize he hasn't turned on since he and Sarah have been married?
(a) The keyboard.
(b) The stove.
(c) The radio.
(d) The clock.
10. Orin taunts Sarah for turning her back on the _____________.
(b) Men in her class.
(c) Deaf community.
11. James is never __________, he says that this is his saving grace when talking with Klein.
12. James tells Sarah that she just can't start a _________ in the living room and then go to bed.
(d) Legal battle.
13. What does Orin compliment Sarah on when they are reminiscing about their past together?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her signing.
(d) Her speech.
14. Who is NOT at the party which is being thrown at the start of the second act of the play?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
15. James stops the argument between Orin and Sarah, saying he has been cast in the role of Sarah's __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is over at James and Sarah's house, watching television as the scene changes again?
2. Sarah points out that every time things get too serious for James, he ____________.
3. Sarah says the lawyer wants her to hate ___________ so people feel sorry about her condition.
4. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
5. James makes the joke, "Hey, either I've just become _________ or it's suddenly quiet in here."
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)