|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James point out about the way that Klein was speaking once Sarah shows she was jealous of their interaction?
(a) She mumbled.
(b) She was gramatically incorrect.
(c) She was talking too loudly.
(d) She had a lisp.
2. Sarah moves out of the conversation as ___________ begins to speak for her.
(a) Mr. Franklin.
3. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
4. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
(a) Tear up the complaint.
(b) Run away.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Renew their vows.
5. Orin tells Sarah that he wants her ____________ as the complaint begins.
(a) With him.
(b) To divorce James.
(c) To write a book about their plight.
(d) To go away.
6. What does Orin want Sarah to read at least before meeting with the lawyer?
(a) A note from him.
(b) A note from another student.
(d) His own complaint.
7. James says that if Sarah feels she's not strong enough to juggle both worlds, then _________.
(a) He is.
(b) Then she doesn't have to.
(c) It's okay too.
(d) She can just give up.
8. When James goes to embrace Sarah, what does she tell him after she pushes him away?
(a) Don't touch me.
(b) Leave me alone.
(c) Don't worry about me.
(d) Don't pity me.
9. Orin pokes fun at Sarah, saying that she is a regular American _________ now that she's married James.
(a) Hearing person.
(c) Stepford wife.
10. James asks Sarah whether she's afraid that having fun in the hearing world means she will have her angry deaf person's _________ revoked.
11. Where are James and Sarah when the scene changes away from the card party?
(a) A park.
(d) The restaurant.
12. What does Lydia ask for as she is watching TV in the other room?
(a) A bag of chips.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A beer.
(d) A remote.
13. Sarah notes that Orin practically accused her of being a __________ hearing person.
14. Orin also points out that they will need a _____________ for several weeks during the legal battle.
(b) Place to stay.
15. The lawyer admits to Orin that she never has heard of discrimination against the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to translate the phone call so that Sarah can talk on the phone as well?
2. Who has decided to try to teach Sarah how to play the card game being played?
3. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
4. What does Klein try to do in order to impress Orin and Sarah during their next meeting?
5. Who used to cry because he could hear enough of the organ music that it made their ears hurt?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)