|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
(a) Come between us.
(b) Stop us.
(c) Hurt us again.
(d) Influence us.
2. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
(b) Talking about.
(c) Thinking of.
3. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
(a) They don't.
4. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
(b) Asks him on a date.
(d) Quits the school.
5. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
6. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) She was forced to leave.
(b) He drove her away.
(c) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
(d) She even loves him.
7. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
(a) Sarah's mother.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
8. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her hands.
9. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
10. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Make odd facial expressions.
(b) Make bad jokes.
(c) Laugh too loudly.
(d) Look away from her.
11. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
12. ___________ believes Sarah could go to college and get a better job if she wanted to.
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
13. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(b) Mr. Franklin.
14. Sarah asks James to _____________ and he does without question or condemnation.
(a) Help her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Live with her.
15. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
(c) Lip read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
2. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
3. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
4. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
5. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)