|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
2. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She left him alone.
(b) She died of cancer.
(c) She was deaf.
(d) She killed herself.
3. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
(b) Talking about.
(d) Thinking of.
4. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Break up with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Have sex with him.
(d) Speak with him.
5. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(a) An idiot.
(b) A child.
(d) Mentally handicapped.
6. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
7. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
(b) Feelings about her mother.
(c) Rapid hand movements.
(d) Sense of humor.
8. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
(a) Lip movements.
(c) Hearing sense of humor.
(d) Raid hand movements.
9. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
10. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(b) Her perfect speech.
(d) Her name.
11. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(c) Bread choices.
12. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
(c) Sarah's mother.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
13. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(c) Deaf person.
14. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
(a) Speech team.
(b) School's play.
(c) Deaf cause.
(d) National protest.
15. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
2. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
3. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
4. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
5. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)