|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
2. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
(a) I Love You.
(b) I can't believe you're leaving.
(c) You stink.
(d) Join, Unjoin.
3. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
(b) He always knew how to make the sound.
(c) Not that day.
4. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
5. What does James do when he hears Sarah making fun of the people she is making fun of?
(a) Reprimands her.
(b) Laughs with her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Continues the joke.
6. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
(b) Be a maid.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Learn to speak.
7. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
(a) Stop us.
(b) Influence us.
(c) Hurt us again.
(d) Come between us.
8. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
9. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
(a) Just be friends.
(b) Live together.
(c) Continue dating.
10. Sarah asks James to _____________ and he does without question or condemnation.
(a) Marry her.
(b) Help her.
(d) Live with her.
11. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(d) Bread choices.
12. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
(b) Sarah's father.
13. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(b) Stand out.
14. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His dark mood.
(c) His word choices.
(d) His timing.
15. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
(a) A cane.
(b) A moustache.
(c) A hearing aid.
(d) A pentacle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
2. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
3. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
4. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
5. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)