|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
2. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
(b) Inner chatter.
3. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
(a) Asks her on a date.
(b) Tells her never to talk to him again.
(c) Walks away from her.
(d) Proposes to her.
4. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mrs. Austin.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
(d) Mr. Smith.
5. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(a) Be one of.
6. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
(a) Make it official.
(c) Lip read.
7. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(d) Mr. Franklin.
8. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Speak with him.
(b) Break up with him.
(c) Have sex with him.
(d) Marry him.
9. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She died of cancer.
(b) She killed herself.
(c) She was deaf.
(d) She left him alone.
10. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
(c) Not that day.
(d) He always knew how to make the sound.
11. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
(a) Joys in her life.
(b) Contentment in her life.
12. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(a) No one.
13. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
14. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His word choices.
(c) His timing.
(d) His dark mood.
15. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
(b) She was forced to leave.
(c) He drove her away.
(d) She even loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
2. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
3. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
4. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
5. What does Sarah ask James to do when they are out on the town?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)