|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
(a) His eventual move away from her.
(b) His desire for her to speak.
(c) His grading system.
(d) His visit with her mother.
2. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Make odd facial expressions.
(b) Look away from her.
(c) Laugh too loudly.
(d) Make bad jokes.
3. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
(a) Write his resignation letter.
(b) Teach another student.
(c) Chase after her.
(d) Run away from her.
4. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
(a) She tells him that's not a question he should ask.
(c) She doesn't answer.
5. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
(a) A hearing aid.
(b) A cane.
(c) A moustache.
(d) A pentacle.
6. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
7. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Sarah's mother.
8. What does Sarah ask James to do when they are out on the town?
(b) Take her to a movie.
(d) Buy her ice cream.
9. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She accepts the date.
(c) She runs after him.
(d) She says yes, she will marry him.
10. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
11. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(b) Be one of.
12. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
(a) Learn faster.
(b) Do better.
(c) Hate more.
(d) Enjoy more.
13. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
(a) Blank stare.
(d) Running away.
14. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
(b) Contentment in her life.
(d) Joys in her life.
15. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
2. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
3. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
4. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
5. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)