|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
(c) Talking about.
(d) Thinking of.
2. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
3. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(c) Be one of.
4. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(d) Mrs. Austin.
5. How does Sarah keep her distance from James when they are dancing with each other?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) By signing and dancing at the same time.
(c) By pushing him away.
(d) By taking a lot of breaks.
6. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Norman.
7. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(b) Her perfect speech.
(d) Her name.
8. Orin also says, "...because you want to ___________ us we want to be changed."
(b) Be closer to us.
9. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
(b) Learn to speak.
(c) Be a maid.
(d) Go to school.
10. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
(a) Sarah's father.
11. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
(a) Joys in her life.
(c) Contentment in her life.
12. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) She was forced to leave.
(b) She even loves him.
(c) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
(d) He drove her away.
13. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(c) Speak up.
(d) Go to class.
14. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
15. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
2. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
3. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
4. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
5. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)