|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mrs. Norman.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Austin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
2. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
(a) Just be friends.
(b) Continue dating.
(d) Live together.
3. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
(a) Hang out.
(b) Have sex.
(d) Pretend to makeout.
4. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
(d) His own.
5. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Speak with him.
(c) Break up with him.
(d) Have sex with him.
6. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mrs. Austin.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
7. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
(a) Quits the school.
(b) Asks him on a date.
8. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
9. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
(d) Inner chatter.
10. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
(b) Contentment in her life.
(c) Joys in her life.
11. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
12. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
(a) A pentacle.
(b) A hearing aid.
(c) A cane.
(d) A moustache.
13. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
(a) They don't.
14. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
15. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
2. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
3. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
4. What does Sarah ask James to do when they are out on the town?
5. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)