|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
(c) They don't.
2. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
3. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
(a) Teach another student.
(b) Write his resignation letter.
(c) Run away from her.
(d) Chase after her.
4. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
(b) She doesn't answer.
(d) She tells him that's not a question he should ask.
5. ___________ believes Sarah could go to college and get a better job if she wanted to.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
6. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
(a) A pentacle.
(b) A hearing aid.
(c) A moustache.
(d) A cane.
7. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
(a) His own.
8. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
9. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
(a) Lip movements.
(c) Hearing sense of humor.
(d) Raid hand movements.
10. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being a good example for children.
(b) Being afraid of silence.
(c) Being in love with Sarah.
(d) Being too strong.
11. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
12. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
(a) Deaf cause.
(b) School's play.
(c) National protest.
(d) Speech team.
13. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
(a) Lip read.
(c) Make it official.
14. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
15. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(a) Deaf person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
2. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
3. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
4. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
5. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)