|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
(a) Lip read.
(d) Make it official.
2. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
3. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) He drove her away.
(b) She even loves him.
(c) She was forced to leave.
(d) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
4. ___________ believes Sarah could go to college and get a better job if she wanted to.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
5. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
6. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(b) Go to class.
(c) Speak up.
7. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
(a) Learn to speak.
(b) Go to school.
(d) Be a maid.
8. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
(a) Asks him on a date.
(d) Quits the school.
9. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She accepts the date.
(b) She runs after him.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She says yes, she will marry him.
10. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
11. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
12. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
13. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her hands.
14. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(d) No one.
15. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
(a) Partially deaf.
(c) A speech therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
2. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
3. What is the request that Sarah does not agree with when James asks her to do something?
4. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
5. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)