|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
(d) Argue with.
2. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
3. ___________ believes Sarah could go to college and get a better job if she wanted to.
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
4. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(b) No one.
5. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
6. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
(b) Live together.
(c) Continue dating.
(d) Just be friends.
7. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
(a) Write his resignation letter.
(b) Chase after her.
(c) Run away from her.
(d) Teach another student.
8. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
(a) I Love You.
(b) Join, Unjoin.
(c) You stink.
(d) I can't believe you're leaving.
9. What specifically does Sarah make fun of when she is making fun of the group in #44?
(a) The way they try to speak.
(b) The fact she is miserable.
(c) The way they push her to be more than she is.
(d) The way they try to make jokes.
10. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(b) Her name.
(d) Her perfect speech.
11. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
(a) She tells him that's not a question he should ask.
(c) She doesn't answer.
12. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Deaf people.
(c) Her teachers.
(d) Hearing people.
13. What is the request that Sarah does not agree with when James asks her to do something?
(a) Leave the school.
(b) To avoid Orin.
(d) To become more active in the world.
14. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
15. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(c) Stand out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
2. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
3. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
4. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
5. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)