|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
2. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Make bad jokes.
(b) Make odd facial expressions.
(c) Laugh too loudly.
(d) Look away from her.
3. What kind of therapist is James Leeds as the audience finds out at the start of the play?
4. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
5. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
(a) Swears at her.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Shouts at her.
6. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She accepts the date.
(c) She runs after him.
(d) She says yes, she will marry him.
7. Sarah is found to not be very close to her ___________, according to James' research.
8. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
(d) Sarah's father.
9. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
(b) Lip read.
(c) Make it official.
10. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
(a) Asks for a hug.
(b) Asks him to leave the room.
(c) Asks him to resign.
(d) Asks him to leave Sarah alone.
11. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
(a) His desire for her to speak.
(b) His visit with her mother.
(c) His eventual move away from her.
(d) His grading system.
12. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
(a) Not that day.
(c) He always knew how to make the sound.
13. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
(a) Run away from her.
(b) Write his resignation letter.
(c) Teach another student.
(d) Chase after her.
14. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
(a) Mrs. Austin.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
15. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
2. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
3. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
4. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
5. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)