|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her ears.
2. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(c) Speak up.
(d) Go to class.
3. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
4. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
(a) His grading system.
(b) His eventual move away from her.
(c) His visit with her mother.
(d) His desire for her to speak.
5. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
6. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
7. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
8. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
(a) Continue dating.
(c) Live together.
(d) Just be friends.
9. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
(c) Want to teach.
10. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Look away from her.
(b) Laugh too loudly.
(c) Make bad jokes.
(d) Make odd facial expressions.
11. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(b) Not lost.
12. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She runs after him.
(b) She says yes, she will marry him.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She accepts the date.
13. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
14. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
15. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
(a) Romantic involvement.
(b) Pressuring speech.
(c) Longer sessions.
(d) Poor teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
2. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
3. What does Sarah ask James to do when they are out on the town?
4. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
5. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)