|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(b) Stand out.
2. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
3. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
(a) She tells him that's not a question he should ask.
(b) She doesn't answer.
4. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
5. What does Sarah ask James to do when they are out on the town?
(c) Take her to a movie.
(d) Buy her ice cream.
6. Orin also says, "...because you want to ___________ us we want to be changed."
(c) Be closer to us.
7. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
(b) Sarah's mother.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
8. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
9. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
(b) Lip movements.
(c) Raid hand movements.
(d) Hearing sense of humor.
10. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
(a) Quits the school.
(c) Asks him on a date.
11. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
(a) Tells her never to talk to him again.
(b) Walks away from her.
(c) Asks her on a date.
(d) Proposes to her.
12. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(a) Mentally handicapped.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A child.
13. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
14. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
15. Sarah asks James to _____________ and he does without question or condemnation.
(a) Help her.
(b) Marry her.
(d) Live with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah is found to not be very close to her ___________, according to James' research.
2. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
3. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
4. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
5. Who did Sarah have a relationship with before starting her relationship with James?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)