|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Norman.
2. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She died of cancer.
(b) She left him alone.
(c) She was deaf.
(d) She killed herself.
3. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Have sex with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Speak with him.
(d) Break up with him.
4. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
5. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
(a) School's play.
(b) Deaf cause.
(c) National protest.
(d) Speech team.
6. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
7. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her feet.
8. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
(c) Inner chatter.
9. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
10. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She runs after him.
(b) She says yes, she will marry him.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She accepts the date.
11. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Swears at her.
(c) Kisses her.
(d) Shouts at her.
12. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
13. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(a) A child.
(b) An idiot.
(c) Mentally handicapped.
14. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(d) No one.
15. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
(a) Asks him to leave the room.
(b) Asks him to resign.
(c) Asks him to leave Sarah alone.
(d) Asks for a hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
2. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
3. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
4. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
5. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)