|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(a) Her perfect speech.
(c) Her name.
2. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She was deaf.
(b) She killed herself.
(c) She died of cancer.
(d) She left him alone.
3. What specifically does Sarah make fun of when she is making fun of the group in #44?
(a) The fact she is miserable.
(b) The way they try to speak.
(c) The way they try to make jokes.
(d) The way they push her to be more than she is.
4. Sarah is found to not be very close to her ___________, according to James' research.
5. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
(a) Running away.
(d) Blank stare.
6. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
7. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
8. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
(a) Argue with.
9. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(a) Be one of.
10. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(b) Speak up.
(c) Go to class.
11. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her hands.
12. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(b) Deaf person.
13. Who did Sarah have a relationship with before starting her relationship with James?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Another speech therapist.
14. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(b) Bread choices.
15. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
(a) Have sex.
(c) Pretend to makeout.
(d) Hang out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
2. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
3. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
4. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
5. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)