|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
2. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
(a) Pretend to makeout.
(b) Hang out.
(d) Have sex.
3. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
(a) His desire for her to speak.
(b) His eventual move away from her.
(c) His grading system.
(d) His visit with her mother.
4. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
(a) Argue with.
5. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Austin.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Norman.
6. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
(a) Make jokes.
(c) Read a poem.
(d) Do a magic trick.
7. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
8. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
9. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
(d) His own.
10. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
11. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) She was forced to leave.
(b) She even loves him.
(c) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
(d) He drove her away.
12. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
(c) Contentment in her life.
(d) Joys in her life.
13. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Sarah's mother.
14. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(d) Mr. Franklin.
15. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Speak with him.
(b) Have sex with him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Break up with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ believes Sarah could go to college and get a better job if she wanted to.
2. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
3. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
4. What does Sarah ask James to do when they are out on the town?
5. What does James do when he hears Sarah making fun of the people she is making fun of?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)