|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
2. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
3. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
4. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
5. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
(b) His own.
6. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(d) Mr. Franklin.
7. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
(b) Want to teach.
8. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
9. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
(a) A speech therapist.
(c) Partially deaf.
10. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(a) Bread choices.
11. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(d) Not lost.
12. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(a) A child.
(b) Mentally handicapped.
(d) An idiot.
13. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Make odd facial expressions.
(b) Laugh too loudly.
(c) Make bad jokes.
(d) Look away from her.
14. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
15. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
(a) Asks him to leave the room.
(b) Asks for a hug.
(c) Asks him to resign.
(d) Asks him to leave Sarah alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
2. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
3. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
4. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
5. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)