|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
2. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
(a) Make it official.
(d) Lip read.
3. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mrs. Austin.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
4. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
(a) Tells her never to talk to him again.
(b) Proposes to her.
(c) Asks her on a date.
(d) Walks away from her.
5. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(d) Be one of.
6. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(a) Speak up.
(b) Go to class.
7. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(d) No one.
8. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(c) Stand out.
9. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She says yes, she will marry him.
(c) She accepts the date.
(d) She runs after him.
10. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
(b) Make jokes.
(c) Do a magic trick.
(d) Read a poem.
11. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
(c) Inner chatter.
12. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
(a) Mrs. Austin.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
13. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
(b) Argue with.
14. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
(a) Asks him to leave Sarah alone.
(b) Asks him to resign.
(c) Asks him to leave the room.
(d) Asks for a hug.
15. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
(b) Feel better about.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
2. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
3. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
4. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
5. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)