|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
2. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(a) No one.
3. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
4. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(c) Her perfect speech.
(d) Her name.
5. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
6. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
7. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
8. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She died of cancer.
(b) She was deaf.
(c) She killed herself.
(d) She left him alone.
9. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
(a) His eventual move away from her.
(b) His desire for her to speak.
(c) His grading system.
(d) His visit with her mother.
10. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
11. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(d) Bread choices.
12. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
(b) Lip movements.
(c) Hearing sense of humor.
(d) Raid hand movements.
13. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
14. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
(a) Have sex.
(c) Hang out.
(d) Pretend to makeout.
15. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
(a) Stop us.
(b) Influence us.
(c) Hurt us again.
(d) Come between us.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
2. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
3. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
4. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
5. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)