|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(b) A child.
(c) An idiot.
(d) Mentally handicapped.
2. What is Orin called James on the phone that James points out to the audience without signing it for Sarah?
(c) Mr. Leeds.
3. James points out it is one of his rights to feel ____________ for his wife even if she's being a hard ass.
4. What kind of therapist is James Leeds as the audience finds out at the start of the play?
5. Orin taunts Sarah for turning her back on the _____________.
(c) Men in her class.
(d) Deaf community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
2. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
3. What does James do when he hears Sarah making fun of the people she is making fun of?
4. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
5. What is the next topic of discussion between Sarah and James which begins to make her more upset?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)