|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
(b) Sense of humor.
(c) Feelings about her mother.
(d) Rapid hand movements.
2. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
(a) Proposes to her.
(b) Walks away from her.
(c) Tells her never to talk to him again.
(d) Asks her on a date.
3. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
4. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
(a) Deaf people.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Hearing people.
(d) Her teachers.
5. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
(a) Swears at her.
(b) Shouts at her.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah notes that Orin practically accused her of being a __________ hearing person.
2. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
3. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
4. What does James decide to listen to in order to calm his nerves after the phone call?
5. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)