|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT at the party which is being thrown at the start of the second act of the play?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
2. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
(c) Quits the school.
(d) Asks him on a date.
3. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She died of cancer.
(b) She left him alone.
(c) She was deaf.
(d) She killed herself.
4. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
(a) She doesn't look at anyone's face.
(b) She assumes Sarah can hear.
(c) She talks too loudly.
(d) She spells out her responses in ASL.
5. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
(a) Join, Unjoin.
(b) You stink.
(c) I can't believe you're leaving.
(d) I Love You.
Short Answer Questions
1. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
2. Sarah points out to the lawyer that she is not ___________ being deaf.
3. What does James suggest he and Sarah do at the end of their argument?
4. Who usually plays cards with James on a weekly basis, and now that Sarah has learned, she can join in?
5. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)