|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(b) Her name.
(c) Her perfect speech.
2. What is Sarah's response to the idea of Orin filing a claim and starting a legal process?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is nervous about it.
3. Orin points out that the speech that Klein has written for Sarah is what all ______________ say.
(b) Deaf people.
(c) Handicapped people.
(d) Hearing people.
4. What is Sarah's response when James asks her why she doesn't like the music he is playing?
(a) Too still.
(b) Organ music.
(c) Too fast.
(d) Too slow.
5. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
(a) He always knew how to make the sound.
(d) Not that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
2. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
3. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
4. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
5. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)