|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mrs. Norman.
(b) Mrs. Austin.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
2. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(c) Be one of.
3. What is the good news that Lydia has to share with everyone when they go to James and Sarah's house?
(a) Lydia is getting married.
(b) Lydia is pregnant.
(c) Lydia is graduating.
(d) Lydia now has Sarah's job as a maid.
4. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
(a) Deaf cause.
(b) National protest.
(c) School's play.
(d) Speech team.
5. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Speak with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Break up with him.
(d) Have sex with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah reveals that Orin says their ____________ isn't as important as deaf rights.
2. Who is on the other side of the stage, taunting Sarah as the scene unfolds?
3. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
4. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
5. What kind of game is being played at the party which opens the second act of the play?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)