|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(c) Deaf person.
2. What does Mr. Franklin warn James not to do during the card game so that he and Sarah don't cheat?
(b) Give clues.
(c) Touch each other.
(d) Make eye contact.
3. What does Orin compliment Sarah on when they are reminiscing about their past together?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) Her speech.
(c) Her signing.
(d) Her marriage.
4. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(a) Not lost.
5. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
(b) Feelings about her mother.
(c) Rapid hand movements.
(d) Sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah do during her first game of cards with the rest of the group?
2. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
3. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
4. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
5. James questions the fact that Sarah doesn't want to talk anymore. "Do you think _________ is the best thing for confusion and anger?"
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)