|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
(a) Sense of humor.
(b) Feelings about her mother.
(c) Rapid hand movements.
2. Sarah notes that neither Orin nor James has any right to _____________ from anyone.
(a) Take away rights.
(b) Take advice.
(c) Protect her.
(d) Listen to advice.
3. What is the natural mistake the James points out as the lawyer interacts with Sarah, Orin, and James?
(a) She talks too loudly.
(b) She assumes Sarah can hear.
(c) She spells out her responses in ASL.
(d) She doesn't look at anyone's face.
4. What does Sarah end up asking Orin to do when they are on the phone together?
(a) Bring her chocolate.
(b) Stop the legal battle.
(c) Come to the house for a book.
(d) Come to dinner.
5. Orin and Sarah were told that organ music was the voice of God and it should __________ them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
2. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
3. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
4. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
5. Sarah reveals that Orin says their ____________ isn't as important as deaf rights.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)