|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
2. Who does Orin want to file a claim against according to his lawsuit aspirations?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) The school.
(c) James, specifically.
3. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
4. What does Klein try to do in order to impress Orin and Sarah during their next meeting?
(a) She tries to sign some words.
(b) She brings a translator.
(c) She doesn't talk loudly.
(d) She writes down her side of the conversation.
5. Who is over at James and Sarah's house, watching television as the scene changes again?
(a) Mrs. Norman.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin points out that the school is supposed to exist for the ___________ of its students.
2. What does Klein finally say that she should be doing as the others are talking?
3. Sarah points out that every time things get too serious for James, he ____________.
4. Sarah says that she can enjoy music because of the ____________ she can experience.
5. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)