|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
(a) Hearing people.
(b) Her teachers.
(c) Deaf people.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Orin compliment Sarah on when they are reminiscing about their past together?
(a) Her speech.
(b) Her signing.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her apartment.
3. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being in love with Sarah.
(b) Being a good example for children.
(c) Being afraid of silence.
(d) Being too strong.
4. Who is on the other side of the stage, taunting Sarah as the scene unfolds?
(d) Mrs. Norman.
5. At the end of the night, James says that he feels everyone is speaking in some far-northern dialect of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah notes that while James can not explain music to her, she still ____________ it.
2. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
3. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
4. How does Sarah keep her distance from James when they are dancing with each other?
5. Orin pokes fun at Sarah, saying that she is a regular American _________ now that she's married James.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)