|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
(a) Tells her never to talk to him again.
(b) Proposes to her.
(c) Asks her on a date.
(d) Walks away from her.
2. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(c) Deaf person.
3. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(a) Mentally handicapped.
(b) A child.
(d) An idiot.
4. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
5. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ believes Sarah could go to college and get a better job if she wanted to.
2. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
3. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
4. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
5. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)