|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
(b) Feel better about.
2. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
3. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
4. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(a) Bread choices.
5. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
2. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
3. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
4. How does Sarah keep her distance from James when they are dancing with each other?
5. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)