|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of therapist is James Leeds as the audience finds out at the start of the play?
2. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
3. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
(b) Asks him on a date.
(d) Quits the school.
4. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
5. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
(b) Make it official.
(c) Lip read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
2. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
3. What does James do when he hears Sarah making fun of the people she is making fun of?
4. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
5. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)