|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
(a) Feel better about.
2. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
(a) Talking about.
(c) Thinking of.
3. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
(a) Sense of humor.
(c) Feelings about her mother.
(d) Rapid hand movements.
4. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
(a) Go to school.
(c) Be a maid.
(d) Learn to speak.
5. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
Short Answer Questions
1. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
2. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
3. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
4. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
5. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)