|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Have sex with him.
(b) Speak with him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Break up with him.
2. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being a good example for children.
(b) Being in love with Sarah.
(c) Being too strong.
(d) Being afraid of silence.
3. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
(a) Hurt us again.
(b) Come between us.
(c) Stop us.
(d) Influence us.
4. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
(b) Sense of humor.
(c) Rapid hand movements.
(d) Feelings about her mother.
5. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
2. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
3. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
4. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
5. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)