|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
2. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
(a) Longer sessions.
(b) Poor teaching.
(c) Romantic involvement.
(d) Pressuring speech.
3. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(c) Stand out.
4. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
(a) A speech therapist.
(d) Partially deaf.
5. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mrs. Norman.
(b) Mrs. Austin.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
2. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
3. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
4. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
5. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)