|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
2. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
(a) Chase after her.
(b) Teach another student.
(c) Write his resignation letter.
(d) Run away from her.
3. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
(a) Sarah's father.
4. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her feet.
5. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She accepts the date.
(c) She says yes, she will marry him.
(d) She runs after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
2. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
3. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
4. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
5. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)