|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
2. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
3. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
(d) Bread choices.
4. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His dark mood.
(c) His timing.
(d) His word choices.
5. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
(b) Partially deaf.
(d) A speech therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
2. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
3. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
4. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
5. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)