|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
(a) Asks him to leave Sarah alone.
(b) Asks him to resign.
(c) Asks him to leave the room.
(d) Asks for a hug.
2. What causes Sarah to fly into a rage when James mentions it to her?
(a) His desire for her to speak.
(b) His eventual move away from her.
(c) His grading system.
(d) His visit with her mother.
3. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
(b) Mrs. Austin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
4. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) She was forced to leave.
(b) She even loves him.
(c) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
(d) He drove her away.
5. What specifically does Sarah make fun of when she is making fun of the group in #44?
(a) The way they try to speak.
(b) The way they push her to be more than she is.
(c) The fact she is miserable.
(d) The way they try to make jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
2. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
3. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
4. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
5. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)