|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She left him alone.
(b) She killed herself.
(c) She died of cancer.
(d) She was deaf.
2. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(a) Speak up.
(d) Go to class.
3. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
4. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
5. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
(c) Inner chatter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
2. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
3. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
4. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
5. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)