|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
2. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(b) Speak up.
(c) Go to class.
3. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(c) Deaf person.
4. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
(a) Hurt us again.
(b) Come between us.
(c) Stop us.
(d) Influence us.
5. How does Sarah keep her distance from James when they are dancing with each other?
(a) By taking a lot of breaks.
(b) By pushing him away.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) By signing and dancing at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
2. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
3. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
4. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
5. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)