|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
2. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
3. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
(b) Sarah's father.
4. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(d) No one.
5. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
(a) Asks him to leave Sarah alone.
(b) Asks him to leave the room.
(c) Asks him to resign.
(d) Asks for a hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
2. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
3. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
4. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
5. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)