|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(a) Speak up.
(c) Go to class.
2. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(a) Her name.
(b) Her perfect speech.
3. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
4. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Speak with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Break up with him.
(d) Have sex with him.
5. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
(b) His own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
2. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
3. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
4. What specifically does Sarah make fun of when she is making fun of the group in #44?
5. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)