|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(b) Be one of.
2. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Shouts at her.
(c) Swears at her.
(d) Slaps her.
3. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
(a) Influence us.
(b) Come between us.
(c) Hurt us again.
(d) Stop us.
4. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
(a) He always knew how to make the sound.
(b) Not that day.
5. Sarah asks James to _____________ and he does without question or condemnation.
(b) Live with her.
(c) Help her.
(d) Marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
2. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
3. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
4. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
5. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)