|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
2. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
(a) Partially deaf.
(c) A speech therapist.
3. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(b) A child.
(c) Mentally handicapped.
(d) An idiot.
4. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
5. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
(a) They don't.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
2. Sarah asks James to _____________ and he does without question or condemnation.
3. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
4. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
5. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)