|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
(a) A cane.
(b) A pentacle.
(c) A moustache.
(d) A hearing aid.
2. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
(c) Argue with.
3. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(b) A child.
(c) Mentally handicapped.
(d) An idiot.
4. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
(a) Hurt us again.
(b) Stop us.
(c) Influence us.
(d) Come between us.
5. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(d) Be one of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
2. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
3. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
4. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
5. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)