|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
2. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(a) Speak up.
(b) Go to class.
3. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(b) Stand out.
4. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
(a) Pressuring speech.
(b) Longer sessions.
(c) Romantic involvement.
(d) Poor teaching.
5. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She accepts the date.
(b) She runs after him.
(c) She says yes, she will marry him.
(d) She begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
2. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
3. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
4. Who did Sarah have a relationship with before starting her relationship with James?
5. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)