|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(a) Not lost.
2. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
(a) Deaf cause.
(b) School's play.
(c) Speech team.
(d) National protest.
3. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
4. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(c) Go to class.
(d) Speak up.
5. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
2. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
3. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
4. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
5. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)