|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
2. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
(a) Asks him to leave the room.
(b) Asks for a hug.
(c) Asks him to resign.
(d) Asks him to leave Sarah alone.
3. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
4. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
5. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Sarah's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
2. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
3. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
4. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
5. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)