|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(a) Stand out.
2. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
(b) Feel better about.
3. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(a) Deaf person.
4. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(a) An idiot.
(b) Mentally handicapped.
(c) A child.
5. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
Short Answer Questions
1. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
2. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
3. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
4. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
5. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)