|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
(a) Blank stare.
(b) Running away.
2. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
(a) Do a magic trick.
(b) Make jokes.
(c) Read a poem.
3. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
4. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(a) Her name.
(d) Her perfect speech.
5. What is the request that Sarah does not agree with when James asks her to do something?
(a) Leave the school.
(b) To become more active in the world.
(c) To avoid Orin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
2. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
3. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
4. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
5. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)