|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
(b) Blank stare.
(d) Running away.
2. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
3. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(b) Not lost.
4. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
(b) Sarah's mother.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
5. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
2. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
3. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
4. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
5. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)