|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
(d) Mr. Franklin.
2. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
3. Sarah asks James to _____________ and he does without question or condemnation.
(a) Marry her.
(b) Live with her.
(d) Help her.
4. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(a) Not lost.
5. Sarah wants to continue to _____________, so she does not want to leave.
(a) Learn to speak.
(c) Be a maid.
(d) Go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
2. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
3. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
4. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
5. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)