|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(a) Go to class.
(c) Speak up.
2. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
(a) I Love You.
(b) Join, Unjoin.
(c) You stink.
(d) I can't believe you're leaving.
3. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
4. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Austin.
5. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being too strong.
(b) Being a good example for children.
(c) Being afraid of silence.
(d) Being in love with Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
2. __________ tells James that Sarah had a relationship prior to him at the school.
3. How does Sarah keep her distance from James when they are dancing with each other?
4. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
5. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)