|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
(a) You stink.
(b) I can't believe you're leaving.
(c) Join, Unjoin.
(d) I Love You.
2. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
(a) Lip read.
3. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
(a) Rapid hand movements.
(c) Sense of humor.
(d) Feelings about her mother.
4. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
(b) His own.
5. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
2. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
3. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
4. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
5. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)