|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
2. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(a) Not lost.
3. What does James try to do in order to break the tension between him and the new student?
(a) Make jokes.
(b) Read a poem.
(d) Do a magic trick.
4. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
5. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
2. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
3. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
4. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
5. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)