|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
2. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(a) A child.
(b) An idiot.
(d) Mentally handicapped.
3. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
(c) Make it official.
(d) Lip read.
4. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
5. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
2. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
3. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
4. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
5. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)