|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Austin.
(d) Mrs. Norman.
2. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(c) Stand out.
3. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She runs after him.
(c) She accepts the date.
(d) She says yes, she will marry him.
4. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Austin.
5. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
(a) Speech team.
(b) Deaf cause.
(c) School's play.
(d) National protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
2. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
3. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
4. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
5. Sarah asks James to _____________ and he does without question or condemnation.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)