|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
2. What does Sarah ask James to do when they are out on the town?
(a) Buy her ice cream.
(d) Take her to a movie.
3. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
(a) Mrs. Austin.
(b) Mr. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
4. What kind of therapist is James Leeds as the audience finds out at the start of the play?
5. What specifically does Sarah make fun of when she is making fun of the group in #44?
(a) The fact she is miserable.
(b) The way they push her to be more than she is.
(c) The way they try to make jokes.
(d) The way they try to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah does think that she and James should ______________ so that he can continue to teach.
2. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
3. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
4. Orin also says, "...because you want to ___________ us we want to be changed."
5. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)