|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
(b) Lip read.
2. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(b) Her perfect speech.
(c) Her name.
3. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
(a) Write his resignation letter.
(b) Chase after her.
(c) Teach another student.
(d) Run away from her.
4. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She runs after him.
(c) She says yes, she will marry him.
(d) She accepts the date.
5. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
(a) National protest.
(b) Speech team.
(c) Deaf cause.
(d) School's play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's interesting about learning about Sarah's job is that Sarah's mother is not _____________ or surprised.
2. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
3. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
4. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
5. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)