|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(a) Deaf person.
2. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
(b) Raid hand movements.
(c) Lip movements.
(d) Hearing sense of humor.
3. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
4. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(d) Stand out.
5. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
2. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
3. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
4. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
5. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)