|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(b) Her perfect speech.
(d) Her name.
2. Where is Sarah during the last lesson of the day that James has to take care of before leaving?
3. Who does James go to see in order to learn more about Sarah after all that has happened?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Austin.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
4. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
5. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Hearing people.
(c) Her teachers.
(d) Deaf people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
2. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
3. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
4. Sarah's mother does challenge _____________ to help Sarah find an alternative job, however.
5. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)