|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
(a) Longer sessions.
(b) Poor teaching.
(c) Romantic involvement.
(d) Pressuring speech.
2. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
3. Sarah and James make a pact: "Let no one, living or dead, absent or present, ever _____________."
(a) Influence us.
(b) Hurt us again.
(c) Stop us.
(d) Come between us.
4. Who did Sarah have a relationship with before starting her relationship with James?
(c) Another speech therapist.
(d) Mr. Franklin.
5. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
(c) Lip read.
Short Answer Questions
1. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
2. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
3. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
4. Orin tells James that he needs Sarah for the ______________, confronting James about their relationship again.
5. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)