|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She left him alone.
(b) She was deaf.
(c) She died of cancer.
(d) She killed herself.
2. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
(a) Her name.
(d) Her perfect speech.
3. The lead actress, Sarah Norman, is ___________, according to the character description.
(a) Partially deaf.
(d) A speech therapist.
4. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Look away from her.
(b) Make odd facial expressions.
(c) Make bad jokes.
(d) Laugh too loudly.
5. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sarah have a relationship with before starting her relationship with James?
2. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
3. Who does James decide to talk to in order to get to know Sarah more?
4. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
5. Sarah also accuses James of trying to ___________ everyone at the school, including her.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)