|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah tells James that if he doesn't _________ a little faster, their session will be over.
2. What is the request that Sarah does not agree with when James asks her to do something?
(a) To avoid Orin.
(c) Leave the school.
(d) To become more active in the world.
3. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(b) Stand out.
4. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her nose.
5. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(b) Mr. Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
2. Sarah is found to not be very close to her ___________, according to James' research.
3. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
4. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
5. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)