|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
(d) Feel better about.
2. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
3. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
(a) Have sex.
(b) Hang out.
(c) Pretend to makeout.
4. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being in love with Sarah.
(b) Being a good example for children.
(c) Being afraid of silence.
(d) Being too strong.
5. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
(a) Proposes to her.
(b) Walks away from her.
(c) Tells her never to talk to him again.
(d) Asks her on a date.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
2. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
3. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
4. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
5. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)