|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
(c) Mr. Franklin.
2. What kind of game is being played at the party which opens the second act of the play?
3. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being afraid of silence.
(b) Being a good example for children.
(c) Being in love with Sarah.
(d) Being too strong.
4. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
(d) Want to teach.
5. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(b) Be one of.
Short Answer Questions
1. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
2. Sarah finds it difficult to understand James' ______________ when they are communicating.
3. What does Franklin say he thinks just blew up in his ear?
4. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
5. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)