|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the request that Sarah does not agree with when James asks her to do something?
(a) To avoid Orin.
(b) Leave the school.
(d) To become more active in the world.
2. James is curious whether Sarah left of her own accord, or if ___________.
(a) She was forced to leave.
(b) He drove her away.
(c) Mr. Franklin told her to break it off.
(d) She even loves him.
3. What meal do James and Sarah share when they head out with each other?
(c) They don't.
4. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
(b) Asks him on a date.
(c) Quits the school.
5. Sarah's mother did not know that Sarah was working at the school as a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. James tries to explain the reason why Sarah can't possibly enjoy ____________ in a long discussion.
2. Who has to translate the phone call so that Sarah can talk on the phone as well?
3. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
4. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
5. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)