|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
2. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
(a) Contentment in her life.
(d) Joys in her life.
3. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
(b) Not lost.
4. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
(a) Being a good example for children.
(b) Being afraid of silence.
(c) Being in love with Sarah.
(d) Being too strong.
5. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Austin.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Norman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
2. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
3. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
4. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
5. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)