|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
(a) Hate more.
(b) Enjoy more.
(c) Do better.
(d) Learn faster.
2. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
3. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Break up with him.
(b) Have sex with him.
(c) Speak with him.
(d) Marry him.
4. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She left him alone.
(b) She died of cancer.
(c) She was deaf.
(d) She killed herself.
5. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
2. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
3. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
4. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
5. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)