|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
(a) His dark mood.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His timing.
(d) His word choices.
2. Because Sarah spoke poorly, people thought she was ______________, so she stopped.
(a) An idiot.
(b) Mentally handicapped.
(d) A child.
3. Sarah says she enjoys a job that allows her to be alone with her __________, to answer James' question.
(c) Inner chatter.
4. At the end of the scene, James and Sarah promise each other and then Sarah says, "You and me. __________."
5. Through dancing together, James and Sarah are able to connect on a ___________ level.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
2. Sarah had sex when she was younger to prove that there was something she could ___________ than the hearing girls could.
3. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
4. What is James trying to do when he runs into Mr. Franklin after fighting with Sarah?
5. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)