|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(c) No one.
2. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
(b) Feel better about.
3. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
4. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
(d) Mr. Franklin.
5. Sarah tells James that she used to ____________ with boys when she was younger in order to feel better.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Pretend to makeout.
(d) Hang out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last student of the day when James is getting ready to head out with Sarah?
2. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
3. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
4. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
5. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)