|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(a) Be one of.
2. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
(a) Lip read.
3. What is the sign that Sarah makes to James in the first argument they have?
(a) I can't believe you're leaving.
(b) You stink.
(c) I Love You.
(d) Join, Unjoin.
4. What does Sarah say is terrible about the way that James tries to interact with her?
(a) His dark mood.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His timing.
(d) His word choices.
5. The next scene after the dancing involves James going to ___________ dormitory room.
(c) His own.
Short Answer Questions
1. James accuses Orin of ______________, though Orin denies it when they are speaking.
2. Who is the young student that James tries to encourage at the start of this scene?
3. Who was in attendance at the wedding of James and of Sarah?
4. What kind of therapist is James Leeds as the audience finds out at the start of the play?
5. Who did Sarah have a relationship with before starting her relationship with James?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)