|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
2. James turns around and asks Sarah if she likes being a ____________, in an effort to stop what she is doing.
(c) Deaf person.
3. What does James do after trying to calm Sarah down when she flies into a rage?
(a) Asks her on a date.
(b) Proposes to her.
(c) Walks away from her.
(d) Tells her never to talk to him again.
4. What happened to James' mother, as he confides in Sarah during their conversation?
(a) She was deaf.
(b) She left him alone.
(c) She killed herself.
(d) She died of cancer.
5. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(d) Stand out.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ believes Sarah could go to college and get a better job if she wanted to.
2. What intimidates James about the new student being introduced to him during his class?
3. What does Orin do after accusing James of having ulterior motives for being a therapist?
4. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
5. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)