|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Make bad jokes.
(b) Look away from her.
(c) Make odd facial expressions.
(d) Laugh too loudly.
2. What did Sarah as a child draw on her picture of the Virgin Mary, which infuriated her mother?
(a) A cane.
(b) A moustache.
(c) A hearing aid.
(d) A pentacle.
3. What specifically does Sarah make fun of when she is making fun of the group in #44?
(a) The way they push her to be more than she is.
(b) The way they try to speak.
(c) The way they try to make jokes.
(d) The fact she is miserable.
4. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(b) Stand out.
5. What does James decide he wants to ask Sarah to do, in spite of all he's learned?
(a) Speak with him.
(b) Have sex with him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Break up with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
2. Sarah admits that while she's had sex with many men, no one has penetrated her inner ___________.
3. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
4. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
5. When Sarah returns to the stage, who is she signing to after James has gone to see her mother, unknown to her?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)