|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Norman reveals that Sarah used to ___________, but stopped after a while.
(c) Want to teach.
2. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
(d) Lip read.
3. __________ does a grotesque imitation of Orin and Lydia as they try to form words.
(d) No one.
4. Who enters the classroom near the end of James' teaching time with his class?
(a) Mr. Franklin.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Norman.
(d) Mrs. Austin.
5. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
Short Answer Questions
1. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
2. Orin plans to become a/an _____________ for deaf rights and for the deaf community.
3. What does Sarah point out on the menu that shows James just how helpless she is?
4. What is Sarah's reaction to the action James takes after she is angry with him as mentioned in #35?
5. Who did Sarah have a relationship with before starting her relationship with James?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)