|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James: "In the beginning, there was __________ and out of that silence there could come only one thing: Speech."
2. __________ has found out about James' date with Sarah and is not happy with this development.
(b) Mrs. Norman.
(c) Mr. Franklin.
3. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
(a) Joys in her life.
(b) Contentment in her life.
4. Orin says, "You can't _________ us. You think learning to sign means you can communicate with us."
(b) Be one of.
5. Is Orin successful in his attempts to make the sound that is difficult for him?
(b) Not that day.
(d) He always knew how to make the sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do to Sarah that causes her to run away from him as they are talking?
2. What is the sound that Orin is trying to make, though he is becoming frustrated?
3. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
4. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
5. James tells Mrs. Norman that Sarah is ____________ and that she could do more with her life.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)