|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
(a) Hearing people.
(b) Her teachers.
(c) Deaf people.
(d) Her mother.
2. Where does Sarah say that she can hear the vibrations of music, which is why she wants to dance?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her hands.
3. James tells Sarah's mother he is just trying to help her to ___________ in the world of the hearing.
(a) Stand out.
4. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
5. Who enters the room as a new student that is being introduced to the class and to James?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
2. Sarah tells James that she has been __________ James on purpose the last few days.
3. Mr. Franklin reprimands James for his ______________ with Sarah.
4. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
5. Who leaves the stage as James goes to meet up with Sarah after he is done teaching?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)