|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says that ___________ is falling in love with James, which makes her confused.
2. Sarah points out that every time things get too serious for James, he ____________.
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Doesn't try to see her side.
(c) Makes a joke.
(d) Runs away.
3. Who does Sarah make fun of during the course of her and James' time together?
(a) Deaf people.
(b) Hearing people.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her teachers.
4. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(b) Speak up.
(d) Go to class.
5. Sarah signs to James that she has ___________ except for him.
(a) Joys in her life.
(d) Contentment in her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Sarah enjoy her job, according to the way she responds to James when he asks?
2. What didn't the Justice of the Peace do during the ceremony performed for James and Sarah?
3. The lawyer believes Orin might have a legitimate complaint with the Equal Employment ______________ Commission.
4. Sarah notes that she and James were both born to ___________ who would have been better off without them.
5. Sarah says the lawyer wants her to hate ___________ so people feel sorry about her condition.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)