|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah also signs to James that she does not _________ him, as she still has herself.
2. It's found out that Sarah hasn't been home to see her mother since she was _______ years old.
3. Mrs. Norman accuses James of trying to force Sarah to __________ and lip read so she can pass for hearing.
(b) Go to class.
(c) Speak up.
4. James lets Orin know that Sarah ____________ as she repeats to him several times.
(a) Hates him.
(b) Wants to marry him.
(c) Wants him to drop dead.
(d) Doesn't want to see him.
5. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
(a) Look away from her.
(b) Make odd facial expressions.
(c) Make bad jokes.
(d) Laugh too loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of therapist is James Leeds as the audience finds out at the start of the play?
2. Sarah realizes that __________ doesn't want her to be a hearing person as this person needs a pure deaf person.
3. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
4. James stops the argument between Orin and Sarah, saying he has been cast in the role of Sarah's __________.
5. What does Lydia ask for as she is watching TV in the other room?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)