|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James points out that he already knows the drill, being Mrs. Leeds' ________________.
(c) Social secretary.
2. Klein points out that being deaf could be very ____________ to Sarah in the present moment.
3. Orin also points out that they will need a _____________ for several weeks during the legal battle.
(a) Place to stay.
4. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
(d) Feel better about.
5. What does James assume the new student can do, though they cannot, causing communication difficulties?
(d) Lip read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James' mother say to him when he said that he didn't want to listen to her anymore - "James can't save me; he never could. ________."
2. What does James complement Orin on when he comes over for dinner one night.
3. James realizes he can't enjoy the __________ because Sarah can't.
4. James begins to realize that Sarah may not be able to __________ or she might not understand what it means.
5. Mrs. Norman admits that her attempts to get Sarah's ___________ friends to pay more attention to her may have backfired.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)