|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah end up asking Orin to do when they are on the phone together?
(a) Bring her chocolate.
(b) Stop the legal battle.
(c) Come to dinner.
(d) Come to the house for a book.
2. Where are James and Sarah when the scene changes away from the card party?
(b) The restaurant.
(d) A park.
3. What does Sarah do at the end of her first conversation with James as a result of his nervousness?
(b) Asks him on a date.
(c) Quits the school.
4. What is the new student's reaction to the way that James is trying to communicate with her?
(a) Running away.
(b) Blank stare.
5. James finds it difficult to understand Sarah's ___________________ when they are talking.
(a) Sense of humor.
(b) Feelings about her mother.
(c) Rapid hand movements.
Short Answer Questions
1. James asks Sarah whether she's afraid that having fun in the hearing world means she will have her angry deaf person's _________ revoked.
2. Who is on the other side of the stage, taunting Sarah as the scene unfolds?
3. Klein points out that being deaf could be very ____________ to Sarah in the present moment.
4. Orin accuses speech therapists of working with deaf people simply to ___________ themselves.
5. What does James continue to do that irritates Sarah as they walk and talk?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)