Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1 Abstract
* Sarah is signing to James that without him she has nothing, but she doesn't need him.
* Orin comes into the room to talk with James.
* Mr. Franklin says that James should be Sarah's speech teacher.
* James talks to Sarah's mother at her home.
* Mrs. Norman mocks James for trying to help Sarah pass for...
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)