• Sarah is signing to James that without him she has nothing, but she doesn't need him.
• Orin comes into the room to talk with James.
• Mr. Franklin says that James should be Sarah's speech teacher.
• James talks to Sarah's mother at her home.
• Mrs. Norman mocks James for trying to help Sarah pass for normal.
• Sarah and James have troubles communicating.
• James asks Sarah on a date.
• Sarah and James dance, though she keeps her distance from him.
• James and Orin have a heated discussion.
• James kisses Sarah and then is reprimanded by Mr. Franklin.
• Sarah reveals she used to have sex with boys when she was younger to prove she could.
• James asks Sarah to marry him and to leave the school with him.
• Sarah agrees to marry him, but wants to stay at the school.
• Sarah and others are at a bridge party and...
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)