* Sarah is signing to James that without him she has nothing, but she doesn't need him.
* Orin comes into the room to talk with James.
* Mr. Franklin says that James should be Sarah's speech teacher.
* James talks to Sarah's mother at her home.
* Mrs. Norman mocks James for trying to help Sarah pass for normal.
* Sarah and James have troubles communicating.
* James asks Sarah on a date.
* Sarah and James dance, though she keeps her distance from him.
* James and Orin have a heated discussion.
* James kisses Sarah and then is reprimanded by Mr. Franklin.
* Sarah reveals she used to have sex with boys when she was younger to prove she could.
* James asks Sarah to marry him and to leave the school with him.
* Sarah agrees to marry him, but wants to stay at the school.
* Sarah and others are at a bridge party and...
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)