|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane begins crying for the first time, what does she tell Miro?
2. Why do Human and the Hive Queen comment that the mothertrees can only be a temporary home for Jane?
3. Why are the networks among the Hive Queens familiar to Jane?
4. What is the relationship of Yasujiro Tsutsumi to Aimaina Hikari?
5. Hikari tells Yasujiro Tsutsumi that he is upset with all their people since they have forgotten the lesson of history? What is this lesson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about how Plikt serves as Speaker for the Dead to Ender. He has previously performed this role for others. Research Ender's actions as Speaker for the Dead in Orson Scott Card's book of the same name. Then, write a paper comparing and contrasting Plikt and Ender's interpretation and actions in this role.
Essay Topic 2
Quara finds in a molecular blueprint received from the descoladore planet that the descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human's brain receptor node for heroin. Research the effects of heroin and write an essay exploring the significance of this discovery by the descoladores in the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how the themes of benevolence and survival play out against each other in the search for a new home for Jane's aiua throughout the novel.
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)