|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter regains consciousness after Ender is transferred into his body, what does he do?
2. What happens to Ender's bodies as Ender's and Jane's aiuas wrangle for control?
3. After Jane leaves Ender's body where does she go?
4. Who leads Ender into Peter's body?
5. Why is Admiral Lands uncomfortable with the role of commanding the deployment of the M.D. device?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
2. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
3. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
4. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
5. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
6. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
7. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
8. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
9. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
10. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quara finds in a molecular blueprint received from the descoladore planet that the descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human's brain receptor node for heroin. Research the effects of heroin and write an essay exploring the significance of this discovery by the descoladores in the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
At Hikari's place, Peter, Wang-mu, and Hikari undergo an act of wrangling to show who has the most humility. Which of the characters do you think wins this competition in this chapter? And which do you think has the most humility in the novel? Write an essay exploring your answers to these questions and how they are similar or different.
Essay Topic 3
There is much attention given in the novel to the settling in of Wang-mu and Peter to their new place on Divine Wood. Write an essay exploring the importance of this "settling in" in a novel where a premium is placed on travel.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)