|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the networks among the Hive Queens familiar to Jane?
2. How does Aimaina Hikari respond when Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks if he is supposed to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet?
3. What happens when Jane first leaps into Young Val's body?
4. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
5. Why is Admiral Lands uncomfortable with the role of commanding the deployment of the M.D. device?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
2. What is on the latest molecular blueprint that Quara receives from the descoladore planet and what does she suggest the implication is?
3. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
4. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
5. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
6. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
7. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
8. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
9. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
10. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about how Plikt serves as Speaker for the Dead to Ender. He has previously performed this role for others. Research Ender's actions as Speaker for the Dead in Orson Scott Card's book of the same name. Then, write a paper comparing and contrasting Plikt and Ender's interpretation and actions in this role.
Essay Topic 2
Quara falsely claims that her brother Quim, whom everyone idolizes, secretly molested her for many years, making her into the angry person she is today. Write an essay describing the environment around and the reactions to Quara's false disclosure. What does this lie say about her character? Do you think this affects her ability to be a likable character? Why or why not? Why do you think Card made the decision to have Quara lie to Wang-mu about this molestation?
Essay Topic 3
When Peter and Wang-mu arrive on Divine Wind, Wang-mu throws a bee at Peter. Write an essay exploring the significance of this action to character development, showing how Peter and Wang-mu's characters are exposed through this episode and how they change after this episode.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)