|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Pacifica, Malu announces the god is come and _________ shouts at Jane to get out of Peter.
2. Who does Admiral Lands arrest after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
3. After the M.D. device is deactivated, what happens when Admiral Lands bumps into the Little Doctor?
4. Who presses the button to start the "godproof computer network"?
5. Who uses the example of Ender killing two boys in Battle School to support their argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
2. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
3. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
4. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
5. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
6. What is on the latest molecular blueprint that Quara receives from the descoladore planet and what does she suggest the implication is?
7. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
8. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
9. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
10. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quara finds in a molecular blueprint received from the descoladore planet that the descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human's brain receptor node for heroin. Research the effects of heroin and write an essay exploring the significance of this discovery by the descoladores in the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Novinha remarks that Val "spins a pretty story" and Val answers, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe." Write an essay exploring the significance of such a quote in a fictional story. What do you think this quote says about the art of fiction?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring the different characters responses to the message to stop the detonation of the M.D. device. Consider why each character reacts in the way that they do and why there is such a contrast between the responses.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)