|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane say it is good Miro is not completely like Ender?
2. Which of the following things can Miro not provide for Jane in their marriage?
3. What quality does Jane possess that makes her more than human after she enters Val's body?
4. When Peter opens his eyes on the beach, what does he tell everyone he dreamed about?
5. Aboard Milo's starship what path does Quara suggest they take when she says they are proceeding along the wrong one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Peter and Wang-mu meet Malu, they discuss whether Peter or Val is a more suitable host for Jane. Write an essay exploring the process that went into the choice for Jane's host body. What factors had to be considered? How did the transfer eventually take place?
Essay Topic 2
At the university, Malu calls out, "The god has moved her starship!" Peter is triumphant and Wang-mu realizes how dismal life would have been for him were he restricted to a single planet. Write an essay exploring the idea of restrictions and freedom in the novel and the role they play in each of the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 3
When Miro first visits the Hive Queen, she does not want to help them find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body. However, she is later convinced. Explore this and other episodes where characters are forced or encouraged to change their mind in the book. What significance do you think changing one's mind plays in character development in the novel?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)