|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Wang-mu calls Peter back when his aiua starts drifting away, who serves the two of them dinner?
2. On what planet are Peter and Wang-mu invited to witness the restart of the "godproof computer network"?
3. Aboard Milo's starship what path does Quara suggest they take when she says they are proceeding along the wrong one?
4. Jane admits that she used to look down on human's ability to do only one thing at a time. What has she realized since taking a human body about this?
5. Who is the captain of the starship bringing the M.D. device?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
2. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
3. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
4. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
5. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
6. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
7. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
8. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
9. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
10. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Am I Betraying Ender," Jane and Miro question whether they are betraying Ender in their happiness. Write an essay exploring how the theme of betrayal or suspected betrayal comes into play in this and other scenes in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
When Miro first visits the Hive Queen, she does not want to help them find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body. However, she is later convinced. Explore this and other episodes where characters are forced or encouraged to change their mind in the book. What significance do you think changing one's mind plays in character development in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
There are many examples of forgiveness in the novel. For example, early in the novel, Novinha forgives Ender for the death of her son, Quim. Write an essay exploring the many acts of forgiveness in the novel and explaining how forgiveness serves as an underlying theme.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)