|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu aboard Miro's craft?
2. What happens when Jane first leaps into Young Val's body?
3. Which of the following statements describes Ender's death?
4. Why is Quara upset that Peter gave the Little Doctor back?
5. When Peter opens his eyes on the beach, what does he tell everyone he dreamed about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
2. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
3. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
4. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
5. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
6. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
7. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
8. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
9. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
10. Who is the Hive Queen in telepathic contact with when she announces that it is time for Jane to attempt to find her way back into the computer network, who gives the message to Jane, and how does Jane respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how the themes of benevolence and survival play out against each other in the search for a new home for Jane's aiua throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
When Peter and Wang-mu arrive on Divine Wind, Wang-mu throws a bee at Peter. Write an essay exploring the significance of this action to character development, showing how Peter and Wang-mu's characters are exposed through this episode and how they change after this episode.
Essay Topic 3
The Hive Queen confesses a little jealousy that Jane knows Human in a way that she never can. Human answers that it is not necessarily bad because they are still able to surprise each other. The Hive Queen answers, "till death ends all surprises." What role do you think the idea that "death ends all surprises" has in the novel? Write an essay exploring the significance of this quote in the novel.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)