|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a way that Plikt realizes Ender will be remembered.
2. Who leads Ender into Peter's body?
3. Who communicates by ansible with Miro to update him on Jane's status?
4. When Jane can touch a human for the first time, who does she put her arms around?
5. On what planet are Peter and Wang-mu invited to witness the restart of the "godproof computer network"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
2. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
3. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
4. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
5. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
6. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
7. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
8. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
9. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
10. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At Hikari's place, Peter, Wang-mu, and Hikari undergo an act of wrangling to show who has the most humility. Which of the characters do you think wins this competition in this chapter? And which do you think has the most humility in the novel? Write an essay exploring your answers to these questions and how they are similar or different.
Essay Topic 2
Quara finds in a molecular blueprint received from the descoladore planet that the descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human's brain receptor node for heroin. Research the effects of heroin and write an essay exploring the significance of this discovery by the descoladores in the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
When Peter and Wang-mu arrive on Divine Wind, Wang-mu throws a bee at Peter. Write an essay exploring the significance of this action to character development, showing how Peter and Wang-mu's characters are exposed through this episode and how they change after this episode.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)