|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a joke, saying he cannot determine whether the fact that Jane inhabited Peter makes him holy or the fact that she left him makes Peter unholy?
2. Who leads Ender into Peter's body?
3. After sending a test ship "Outside," what does Jane do?
4. What will happen if Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is rejected?
5. Once Jane returns to the computer network, what does she realize about human existence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
2. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
3. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
4. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
5. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
6. Who is the Hive Queen in telepathic contact with when she announces that it is time for Jane to attempt to find her way back into the computer network, who gives the message to Jane, and how does Jane respond?
7. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
8. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
9. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
10. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At Hikari's place, Peter, Wang-mu, and Hikari undergo an act of wrangling to show who has the most humility. Which of the characters do you think wins this competition in this chapter? And which do you think has the most humility in the novel? Write an essay exploring your answers to these questions and how they are similar or different.
Essay Topic 2
Quara finds in a molecular blueprint received from the descoladore planet that the descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human's brain receptor node for heroin. Research the effects of heroin and write an essay exploring the significance of this discovery by the descoladores in the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how the themes of benevolence and survival play out against each other in the search for a new home for Jane's aiua throughout the novel.
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)