Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane can touch a human for the first time, who does she put her arms around?
2. What does Firequencher observe might be the purpose of Ela and Quara's mission?
3. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
4. Why are the networks among the Hive Queens familiar to Jane?
5. When Jane begins crying for the first time, what does she tell Miro?
The faster-than-light ship is described early on in the novel in a fair amount of detail. What other modes of transportation are used in the novel? Write an essay comparing and contrasting the various methods of travel in the novel.
When Peter and Wang-mu arrive on Divine Wind, Wang-mu throws a bee at Peter. Write an essay exploring the significance of this action to character development, showing how Peter and Wang-mu's characters are exposed through this episode and how they change after this episode.
Quara falsely claims that her brother Quim, whom everyone idolizes, secretly molested her for many years, making her into the angry person she is today. Write an essay describing the environment around and the reactions to Quara's false disclosure. What does this lie say about her character? Do you think this affects her ability to be a likable character? Why or why not? Why do you think Card made the decision to have Quara lie to Wang-mu about this molestation?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)