|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it taken to undo the damage from the destruction of the buggers' home planet?
2. Jane notes that it is easier for her to transport Wang-mu when she moves her and Peter back to Lusitania. Why?
3. What does Plikt say is the most important thing to remember about Ender, above all else?
4. Who give Peter and Wang-mu the tour of the "godproof computer network"?
5. After the M.D. device is deactivated, what happens when Admiral Lands bumps into the Little Doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
2. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
3. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
4. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
5. What is on the latest molecular blueprint that Quara receives from the descoladore planet and what does she suggest the implication is?
6. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
7. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
8. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
9. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
10. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Peter and Wang-mu meet Malu, they discuss whether Peter or Val is a more suitable host for Jane. Write an essay exploring the process that went into the choice for Jane's host body. What factors had to be considered? How did the transfer eventually take place?
Essay Topic 2
Novinha remarks that Val "spins a pretty story" and Val answers, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe." Write an essay exploring the significance of such a quote in a fictional story. What do you think this quote says about the art of fiction?
Essay Topic 3
Quara falsely claims that her brother Quim, whom everyone idolizes, secretly molested her for many years, making her into the angry person she is today. Write an essay describing the environment around and the reactions to Quara's false disclosure. What does this lie say about her character? Do you think this affects her ability to be a likable character? Why or why not? Why do you think Card made the decision to have Quara lie to Wang-mu about this molestation?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)