|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
2. On what planet are Peter and Wang-mu invited to witness the restart of the "godproof computer network"?
3. What does Plikt realize she will not tell about Ender's story as she contemplates it in her room?
4. Who give Peter and Wang-mu the tour of the "godproof computer network"?
5. When Peter regains consciousness after Ender is transferred into his body, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
2. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
3. What is on the latest molecular blueprint that Quara receives from the descoladore planet and what does she suggest the implication is?
4. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
5. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
6. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
7. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
8. Who is the Hive Queen in telepathic contact with when she announces that it is time for Jane to attempt to find her way back into the computer network, who gives the message to Jane, and how does Jane respond?
9. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
10. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Am I Betraying Ender," Jane and Miro question whether they are betraying Ender in their happiness. Write an essay exploring how the theme of betrayal or suspected betrayal comes into play in this and other scenes in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
When Miro first visits the Hive Queen, she does not want to help them find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body. However, she is later convinced. Explore this and other episodes where characters are forced or encouraged to change their mind in the book. What significance do you think changing one's mind plays in character development in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Quara falsely claims that her brother Quim, whom everyone idolizes, secretly molested her for many years, making her into the angry person she is today. Write an essay describing the environment around and the reactions to Quara's false disclosure. What does this lie say about her character? Do you think this affects her ability to be a likable character? Why or why not? Why do you think Card made the decision to have Quara lie to Wang-mu about this molestation?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)