|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ender's bodies as Ender's and Jane's aiuas wrangle for control?
2. When Jane returns to her new body to begin her existence as Val, her aiua is so vibrant that it also entwines with something else? What is this other object?
3. Hikari tells Yasujiro Tsutsumi that he is upset with all their people since they have forgotten the lesson of history? What is this lesson?
4. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
5. Why does Jane say it is good Miro is not completely like Ender?
Essay Topic 1
The Hive Queen confesses a little jealousy that Jane knows Human in a way that she never can. Human answers that it is not necessarily bad because they are still able to surprise each other. The Hive Queen answers, "till death ends all surprises." What role do you think the idea that "death ends all surprises" has in the novel? Write an essay exploring the significance of this quote in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
At the university, Malu calls out, "The god has moved her starship!" Peter is triumphant and Wang-mu realizes how dismal life would have been for him were he restricted to a single planet. Write an essay exploring the idea of restrictions and freedom in the novel and the role they play in each of the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 3
Quara finds in a molecular blueprint received from the descoladore planet that the descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human's brain receptor node for heroin. Research the effects of heroin and write an essay exploring the significance of this discovery by the descoladores in the context of the novel.
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)