|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is rejected?
2. Why does Miro state that is would be a shame if Ender came through the transformation exactly as he was before?
3. What does Plikt say is the most important thing to remember about Ender, above all else?
4. On what planet are Peter and Wang-mu invited to witness the restart of the "godproof computer network"?
5. What does Olhado give Plower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
2. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
3. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
4. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
5. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
6. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
7. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
8. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
9. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
10. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring the different characters responses to the message to stop the detonation of the M.D. device. Consider why each character reacts in the way that they do and why there is such a contrast between the responses.
Essay Topic 2
The faster-than-light ship is described early on in the novel in a fair amount of detail. What other modes of transportation are used in the novel? Write an essay comparing and contrasting the various methods of travel in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
When Peter and Wang-mu arrive on Divine Wind, Wang-mu throws a bee at Peter. Write an essay exploring the significance of this action to character development, showing how Peter and Wang-mu's characters are exposed through this episode and how they change after this episode.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)