|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
2. How many years has it taken to undo the damage from the destruction of the buggers' home planet?
3. Which of the following statements describes Ender's death?
4. On what planet are Peter and Wang-mu invited to witness the restart of the "godproof computer network"?
5. Which of the following things can Miro not provide for Jane in their marriage?
Essay Topic 1
When Peter and Wang-mu arrive on Divine Wind, Wang-mu throws a bee at Peter. Write an essay exploring the significance of this action to character development, showing how Peter and Wang-mu's characters are exposed through this episode and how they change after this episode.
Essay Topic 2
When Peter and Wang-mu meet Malu, they discuss whether Peter or Val is a more suitable host for Jane. Write an essay exploring the process that went into the choice for Jane's host body. What factors had to be considered? How did the transfer eventually take place?
Essay Topic 3
The faster-than-light ship is described early on in the novel in a fair amount of detail. What other modes of transportation are used in the novel? Write an essay comparing and contrasting the various methods of travel in the novel.
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)