Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane can touch a human for the first time, who does she put her arms around?
2. What does Firequencher observe might be the purpose of Ela and Quara's mission?
3. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
4. Why are the networks among the Hive Queens familiar to Jane?
5. When Jane begins crying for the first time, what does she tell Miro?
Essay Topic 1
When Miro first visits the Hive Queen, she does not want to help them find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body. However, she is later convinced. Explore this and other episodes where characters are forced or encouraged to change their mind in the book. What significance do you think changing one's mind plays in character development in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
There is much attention given in the novel to the settling in of Wang-mu and Peter to their new place on Divine Wood. Write an essay exploring the importance of this "settling in" in a novel where a premium is placed on travel.
Essay Topic 3
In the Filhos courtyard, Novinha discovers that Ender has collapsed. What significance does this collapse have? Write an essay exploring Ender's character in terms of physical weakness and strength. How does this physical weakness and strength translate into other facets of his character?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)