|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the captain of the starship bringing the M.D. device?
2. Jane admits that she used to look down on human's ability to do only one thing at a time. What has she realized since taking a human body about this?
3. What is Olhado doing in the forest when he is beckoned by a piggy?
4. What happens to Ender's bodies as Ender's and Jane's aiuas wrangle for control?
5. Hikari tells Yasujiro Tsutsumi that he is upset with all their people since they have forgotten the lesson of history? What is this lesson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
2. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
3. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
4. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
5. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
6. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
7. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
8. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
9. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
10. What is on the latest molecular blueprint that Quara receives from the descoladore planet and what does she suggest the implication is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At Hikari's place, Peter, Wang-mu, and Hikari undergo an act of wrangling to show who has the most humility. Which of the characters do you think wins this competition in this chapter? And which do you think has the most humility in the novel? Write an essay exploring your answers to these questions and how they are similar or different.
Essay Topic 2
When Peter and Wang-mu meet Malu, they discuss whether Peter or Val is a more suitable host for Jane. Write an essay exploring the process that went into the choice for Jane's host body. What factors had to be considered? How did the transfer eventually take place?
Essay Topic 3
There is much attention given to the reconciliation of Ender and his wife. How is this reconciliation important to the plot and character development in the novel? Write an essay describing the influence and importance of this reconciliation.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)