|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Ender into Peter's body?
2. Who communicates by ansible with Miro to update him on Jane's status?
3. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
4. When Jane can touch a human for the first time, who does she put her arms around?
5. How does Plikt feel regarding the death of Ender?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
2. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
3. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
4. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
5. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
6. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
7. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
8. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
9. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
10. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much attention given in the novel to the settling in of Wang-mu and Peter to their new place on Divine Wood. Write an essay exploring the importance of this "settling in" in a novel where a premium is placed on travel.
Essay Topic 2
There is much attention given to the reconciliation of Ender and his wife. How is this reconciliation important to the plot and character development in the novel? Write an essay describing the influence and importance of this reconciliation.
Essay Topic 3
At the university, Malu calls out, "The god has moved her starship!" Peter is triumphant and Wang-mu realizes how dismal life would have been for him were he restricted to a single planet. Write an essay exploring the idea of restrictions and freedom in the novel and the role they play in each of the characters' lives.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)