|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Young Val when Jane takes over her body?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Novinha in "This Has Always Been Your Body"?
3. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
4. What is Olhado doing in the forest when he is beckoned by a piggy?
5. Why do Jane and Miro wonder if they are betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
2. What is on the latest molecular blueprint that Quara receives from the descoladore planet and what does she suggest the implication is?
3. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
4. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
5. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
6. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
7. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
8. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
9. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
10. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point, Malu makes a joke, saying he cannot determine whether the fact that Jane inhabited Peter makes him holy or the fact that she left him makes Peter unholy. Write an essay arguing one side of Malu's point, providing clear evidence and examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining how the argument that "the ends justify the means" comes into play in the novel regarding the transfer of Jane's aiua into another human's body.
Essay Topic 3
At the university, Malu calls out, "The god has moved her starship!" Peter is triumphant and Wang-mu realizes how dismal life would have been for him were he restricted to a single planet. Write an essay exploring the idea of restrictions and freedom in the novel and the role they play in each of the characters' lives.
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)