|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who give Peter and Wang-mu the tour of the "godproof computer network"?
2. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
3. Why does Jane regret using force on Quara after shoving her?
4. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," who is next to him?
5. Who makes a joke, saying he cannot determine whether the fact that Jane inhabited Peter makes him holy or the fact that she left him makes Peter unholy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
2. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
3. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
4. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
5. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
6. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
7. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
8. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
9. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
10. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At Hikari's place, Peter, Wang-mu, and Hikari undergo an act of wrangling to show who has the most humility. Which of the characters do you think wins this competition in this chapter? And which do you think has the most humility in the novel? Write an essay exploring your answers to these questions and how they are similar or different.
Essay Topic 2
In "Am I Betraying Ender," Jane and Miro question whether they are betraying Ender in their happiness. Write an essay exploring how the theme of betrayal or suspected betrayal comes into play in this and other scenes in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The faster-than-light ship is described early on in the novel in a fair amount of detail. What other modes of transportation are used in the novel? Write an essay comparing and contrasting the various methods of travel in the novel.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)