|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
2. How does Quim die?
3. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
4. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
5. Orbiting the planet of the Descoladores, which of the following characters is not one of the ones that Miro and Val decide to go home to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
2. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
3. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
4. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
5. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
6. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
7. At the beginning of the novel, what does Jane do while Miro and Young Valentine scout for new habitable planets? What will happen after Jane is finished with her task?
8. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
9. What language does Malu speak during his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter and how does this affect the conversation?
10. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
Essay Topic 1
When Peter and Wang-mu arrive on Divine Wind, Wang-mu throws a bee at Peter. Write an essay exploring the significance of this action to character development, showing how Peter and Wang-mu's characters are exposed through this episode and how they change after this episode.
Essay Topic 2
There is much attention given in the novel to the settling in of Wang-mu and Peter to their new place on Divine Wood. Write an essay exploring the importance of this "settling in" in a novel where a premium is placed on travel.
Essay Topic 3
There is much attention given to the reconciliation of Ender and his wife. How is this reconciliation important to the plot and character development in the novel? Write an essay describing the influence and importance of this reconciliation.
This section contains 1,928 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)