|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
2. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
3. How does Young Val respond when Miro tries to hug her after they discuss putting Jane's aiua into her body?
4. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
5. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
2. What does Wang-mu first do when she and Peter land on Divine Wood and why?
3. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
4. What work have Miro and Young Valentine been engaged in since shortly after working out the logistics of faster than light travel and how quickly are they able to complete this work?
5. Why does Grace's husband laugh when Peter asks if he and Wang-mu can go see Malu and to what does he compare Peter's request?
6. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
7. How was Peter called into being and why does this cause problems?
8. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
9. What role does Wang-mu adopt when visiting Aimaina Hikari and why?
10. Who does Malu think is a better host for Jane's aiua and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The faster-than-light ship is described early on in the novel in a fair amount of detail. What other modes of transportation are used in the novel? Write an essay comparing and contrasting the various methods of travel in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
There are many examples of forgiveness in the novel. For example, early in the novel, Novinha forgives Ender for the death of her son, Quim. Write an essay exploring the many acts of forgiveness in the novel and explaining how forgiveness serves as an underlying theme.
Essay Topic 3
When Peter and Wang-mu meet Malu, they discuss whether Peter or Val is a more suitable host for Jane. Write an essay exploring the process that went into the choice for Jane's host body. What factors had to be considered? How did the transfer eventually take place?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)