|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Young Val respond when Miro tries to hug her after they discuss putting Jane's aiua into her body?
2. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
3. What causes an awkward moment when Miro speaks with Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us"?
4. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
5. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
2. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
3. Why does Grace's husband laugh when Peter asks if he and Wang-mu can go see Malu and to what does he compare Peter's request?
4. Why do Peter and Wang-mu not have to learn a new language on Divine Wood and what language is spoken?
5. Describe Malu's entrance for his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter.
6. What reason does Ender give Novinha for reconciling with him and how does she refute his argument?
7. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
8. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
9. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
10. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Peter and Wang-mu meet Malu, they discuss whether Peter or Val is a more suitable host for Jane. Write an essay exploring the process that went into the choice for Jane's host body. What factors had to be considered? How did the transfer eventually take place?
Essay Topic 2
There are many examples of forgiveness in the novel. For example, early in the novel, Novinha forgives Ender for the death of her son, Quim. Write an essay exploring the many acts of forgiveness in the novel and explaining how forgiveness serves as an underlying theme.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring the different characters responses to the message to stop the detonation of the M.D. device. Consider why each character reacts in the way that they do and why there is such a contrast between the responses.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)