Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
2. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
3. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
4. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
5. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
2. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
3. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
4. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
5. Describe Malu's entrance for his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter.
6. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
7. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
8. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
9. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
10. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
Quara finds in a molecular blueprint received from the descoladore planet that the descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human's brain receptor node for heroin. Research the effects of heroin and write an essay exploring the significance of this discovery by the descoladores in the context of the novel.
Novinha remarks that Val "spins a pretty story" and Val answers, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe." Write an essay exploring the significance of such a quote in a fictional story. What do you think this quote says about the art of fiction?
When Miro first visits the Hive Queen, she does not want to help them find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body. However, she is later convinced. Explore this and other episodes where characters are forced or encouraged to change their mind in the book. What significance do you think changing one's mind plays in character development in the novel?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)