Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
2. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
3. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
4. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
5. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
2. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
3. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
4. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
5. Describe Malu's entrance for his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter.
6. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
7. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
8. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
9. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
10. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
Essay Topic 1
There is much attention given in the novel to the settling in of Wang-mu and Peter to their new place on Divine Wood. Write an essay exploring the importance of this "settling in" in a novel where a premium is placed on travel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining how the argument that "the ends justify the means" comes into play in the novel regarding the transfer of Jane's aiua into another human's body.
Essay Topic 3
At Hikari's place, Peter, Wang-mu, and Hikari undergo an act of wrangling to show who has the most humility. Which of the characters do you think wins this competition in this chapter? And which do you think has the most humility in the novel? Write an essay exploring your answers to these questions and how they are similar or different.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)