|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane relays the meeting between Peter, Wang-mu, Grace, and Malu to whom?
2. When does Grace join Peter and Wang-mu during their first meal at Grace's house?
3. As Jane is in her death throes, what behavior on the part of Peter does Wang-mu see as proof of his humanity?
4. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
5. When Wang-mu and Peter first go to Divine Wood, what is the fake identity that Peter adopts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Old Val and Young Val about the nature of Young Val's existence.
2. Who was Novinha's rival, and how is Novinha asked to help this rival?
3. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
4. What language does Malu speak during his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter and how does this affect the conversation?
5. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
6. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
7. What does Wang-mu first do when she and Peter land on Divine Wood and why?
8. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
9. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
10. Describe the conversation when Miro goes to speak to Ender.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much attention given to the reconciliation of Ender and his wife. How is this reconciliation important to the plot and character development in the novel? Write an essay describing the influence and importance of this reconciliation.
Essay Topic 2
Novinha remarks that Val "spins a pretty story" and Val answers, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe." Write an essay exploring the significance of such a quote in a fictional story. What do you think this quote says about the art of fiction?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring the different characters responses to the message to stop the detonation of the M.D. device. Consider why each character reacts in the way that they do and why there is such a contrast between the responses.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)