|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jane's dying become more bearable with time?
(a) The more capacity she loses, the less awareness she has of what is happening.
(b) She has come to understand and appreciate death.
(c) She loses feeling and is no longer in as much pain.
(d) She is surrounded by more of her friends.
2. What is the name of the influential businessmen who visit Yasujiro Tsutsumi?
3. How many stories of the old part of the building where the "godproof computer network" is stored are identical?
4. Why do Human and the Hive Queen comment that the mothertrees can only be a temporary home for Jane?
(a) Jane needs a real body and not a tree persona.
(b) Jane will get bored too fast.
(c) If Jane stays too long she will destroy the mothertrees.
(d) The mothertrees are too strong for Jane to enjoy them for long.
5. What happens to Ender's bodies as Ender's and Jane's aiuas wrangle for control?
(a) They argue amongst themselves.
(b) They begin to grow much stronger.
(c) They are thrown into convulsions.
(d) They begin to lose strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Jane try to enter Young Val's body?
2. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," how does his persona change?
3. After Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is approved, where is Yasujiro sent?
4. When Quara and Jane argue aboard the starship about Quara's suggestion regarding the descoladores, what does Jane tell Quara?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Novinha in "This Has Always Been Your Body"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
2. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
3. Who is the Hive Queen in telepathic contact with when she announces that it is time for Jane to attempt to find her way back into the computer network, who gives the message to Jane, and how does Jane respond?
4. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
5. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
6. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
7. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
8. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
9. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
10. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)