|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Olhado doing in the forest when he is beckoned by a piggy?
(a) Making a starship.
(b) Researching the networks.
(c) Running a race.
(d) Having a picnic.
2. When Jane begins crying for the first time, what does she tell Miro?
(a) That he is mean.
(b) That his sister is a terrible person.
(c) That he reminds her of Ender.
(d) That he is beautiful.
3. Why does Jane say it is good Miro is not completely like Ender?
(a) She thinks of Ender as a father figure and likes Miro's touch.
(b) Ender is not enough of a man for her.
(c) She thinks of Ender like a son and loves Miro like a lover.
(d) She never loved Ender.
4. Who says "the god has moved her starship!" after Jane moves Miro's ship?
5. After the M.D. device is deactivated, what happens when Admiral Lands bumps into the Little Doctor?
(a) He is temporarily paralized.
(b) All of his memory is lost.
(c) He is angry because he was unsuccessful.
(d) He is filled with self-loathing at what he almost did.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Firequencher observe might be the purpose of Ela and Quara's mission?
2. Why do Jane and Miro wonder if they are betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender"?
3. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
4. What will happen if Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is rejected?
5. What type of relationship do the Hive Queen and Jane settle into after Jane is in Val's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Hive Queen in telepathic contact with when she announces that it is time for Jane to attempt to find her way back into the computer network, who gives the message to Jane, and how does Jane respond?
2. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
3. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
4. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
5. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
6. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
7. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
8. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
9. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
10. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)