|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Wang-mu calls Peter back when his aiua starts drifting away, who serves the two of them dinner?
(a) The mothertrees.
(b) The Samoans.
(c) Yasujiro Tsutsumi.
(d) The pequeninos.
2. Hikari tells Yasujiro Tsutsumi that he is upset with all their people since they have forgotten the lesson of history? What is this lesson?
(a) Not to fall in love.
(b) Not to go into debt.
(c) Not to build too tall of buildings.
(d) Not to make war.
3. Who uses the example of Ender killing two boys in Battle School to support their argument?
4. What is Olhado doing in the forest when he is beckoned by a piggy?
(a) Running a race.
(b) Making a starship.
(c) Having a picnic.
(d) Researching the networks.
5. Why does Miro think that Quara is as contrary as she is?
(a) She was always spoiled as a child by Marcao.
(b) She has a personality disorder.
(c) She is infected by an evil spirit.
(d) She had to put up with Marcao's rage growing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Peter tries to disarm Admiral Lands of his pistol?
2. Jane notes that it is easier for her to transport Wang-mu when she moves her and Peter back to Lusitania. Why?
3. When the ansible is not in communication with the Starways Congress's ansibles, who does it communicate with?
4. How many years has it taken to undo the damage from the destruction of the buggers' home planet?
5. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
2. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
3. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
4. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
5. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
6. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
7. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
8. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
9. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
10. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)