|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Firequencher observe might be the purpose of Ela and Quara's mission?
(a) To find a new home for all the humans on Lusitania.
(b) To mutate the descoladore virus to use as a weapon.
(c) To determine whether descoladores are ramen or varelse.
(d) To kill the descoladore virus.
2. Who does Jane forgive for speaking brutally to Young Val?
(b) Old Val.
3. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
(a) Shared experiences.
(b) Sharing of blood.
(c) Comingled tears.
(d) An engagement ring.
4. The descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human brain's receptor node for _____.
5. Which of the following statements describes Ender's death?
(a) During his death, there is much violence.
(b) During his death, his body disintegrates.
(c) His death is filled with song.
(d) His death is painful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ender's bodies as Ender's and Jane's aiuas wrangle for control?
2. Jane notes that it is easier for her to transport Wang-mu when she moves her and Peter back to Lusitania. Why?
3. Who makes a joke, saying he cannot determine whether the fact that Jane inhabited Peter makes him holy or the fact that she left him makes Peter unholy?
4. Who says "the god has moved her starship!" after Jane moves Miro's ship?
5. What happens when Jane first leaps into Young Val's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
2. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
3. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
4. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
5. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
6. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
7. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
8. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
9. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
10. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)