|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jane forgive for speaking brutally to Young Val?
(d) Old Val.
2. What does Plikt say is the most important thing to remember about Ender, above all else?
(a) His role as Speaker for the Dead.
(b) His greatness as a follower.
(c) His strength and stubborness.
(d) His justice and mercy.
3. What does Plikt realize she will not tell about Ender's story as she contemplates it in her room?
(a) Ender's selfishness.
(b) Her own selflessness.
(c) Her own selfishness.
(d) Ender's selflessness.
4. After Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is approved, where is Yasujiro sent?
5. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
(a) Sharing of blood.
(b) Shared experiences.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) Comingled tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses the example of Ender killing two boys in Battle School to support their argument?
2. What is Quara's brother's name?
3. Who makes a joke, saying he cannot determine whether the fact that Jane inhabited Peter makes him holy or the fact that she left him makes Peter unholy?
4. How does Aimaina Hikari respond when Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks if he is supposed to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet?
5. Why does Jane say it is good Miro is not completely like Ender?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
2. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
3. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
4. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
5. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
6. Who is the Hive Queen in telepathic contact with when she announces that it is time for Jane to attempt to find her way back into the computer network, who gives the message to Jane, and how does Jane respond?
7. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
8. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
9. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
10. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)