|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane notes that it is easier for her to transport Wang-mu when she moves her and Peter back to Lusitania. Why?
(a) Wang-mu has become more technological.
(b) Peter and Wang-mu have become philotically interlinked.
(c) Wang-mu has lost a lot of weight.
(d) Wang-mu and Jane have become much better friends.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Novinha in "This Has Always Been Your Body"?
(a) Novinha tells Ender he can die without her begrudging him.
(b) Novinha tells Ender she will miss him and share memories of him.
(c) Novinha tells Ender to live as Peter.
(d) Novinha tells Ender to stay alive for her.
3. After the M.D. device is detected, why won't Jane push it outside?
(a) She is too weak.
(b) She is too busy moving people off of Lusitania.
(c) If it detonates "outside" it could cause irreparable harm to their dimension.
(d) She wants the M.D. device to detonate.
4. Why does Jane's dying become more bearable with time?
(a) She has come to understand and appreciate death.
(b) She loses feeling and is no longer in as much pain.
(c) The more capacity she loses, the less awareness she has of what is happening.
(d) She is surrounded by more of her friends.
5. After Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is approved, where is Yasujiro sent?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter opens his eyes on the beach, what does he tell everyone he dreamed about?
2. Why does Miro state that is would be a shame if Ender came through the transformation exactly as he was before?
3. Aboard Milo's starship what path does Quara suggest they take when she says they are proceeding along the wrong one?
4. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
5. What happens when the Hive workers give Jane a sign aboard Miro's starship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
2. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
3. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
4. What is on the latest molecular blueprint that Quara receives from the descoladore planet and what does she suggest the implication is?
5. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
6. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
7. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
8. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
9. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
10. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)