|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) Sharing of blood.
(c) Comingled tears.
(d) Shared experiences.
2. When Jane returns to her new body to begin her existence as Val, her aiua is so vibrant that it also entwines with something else? What is this other object?
(a) The Starways Congress.
(b) The Hive Queen and pequenino's philotic web.
(c) The mothertrees.
(d) Ender's third body.
3. Why does Jane regret using force on Quara after shoving her?
(a) She realizes after she marries Miro, Quara will be her sister.
(b) She does not regret using force.
(c) She thinks that violence will cause eternal damnation.
(d) Quara is not healthy and Jane thinks she might have killed her.
4. Who give Peter and Wang-mu the tour of the "godproof computer network"?
(a) Admiral Lands.
(b) Grace's son.
(d) The Hive Queen.
5. Jane notes that it is easier for her to transport Wang-mu when she moves her and Peter back to Lusitania. Why?
(a) Wang-mu has become more technological.
(b) Wang-mu has lost a lot of weight.
(c) Wang-mu and Jane have become much better friends.
(d) Peter and Wang-mu have become philotically interlinked.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what planet are Peter and Wang-mu invited to witness the restart of the "godproof computer network"?
2. Who does Jane forgive for speaking brutally to Young Val?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Jane's interaction with the mothertrees?
4. Why is Quara upset that Peter gave the Little Doctor back?
5. Why is the Hive Queen jealous of Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
2. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
3. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
4. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
5. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
6. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
7. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
8. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
9. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
10. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)