|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things can Miro not provide for Jane in their marriage?
(b) Increased awarness.
2. What is the name of the influential businessmen who visit Yasujiro Tsutsumi?
3. When the ansible is not in communication with the Starways Congress's ansibles, who does it communicate with?
(a) The "godproof compter network".
(b) The computers in the old part of the building.
(c) The Bugger network.
(d) The Hive Queen computers.
4. What will happen if Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is rejected?
(a) He will be relocated to Lusitania.
(b) He will be considered disloyal.
(c) He will be promoted.
(d) He will be responsible for conducting his own fleet.
5. Who presses the button to start the "godproof computer network"?
(a) The university president.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter opens his eyes on the beach, what does he tell everyone he dreamed about?
2. After Wang-mu calls Peter back when his aiua starts drifting away, who serves the two of them dinner?
3. The descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human brain's receptor node for _____.
4. On Pacifica, Malu announces the god is come and _________ shouts at Jane to get out of Peter.
5. After the M.D. device is detected, why won't Jane push it outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
2. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
3. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
4. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
5. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
6. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
7. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
8. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
9. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
10. Who is the Hive Queen in telepathic contact with when she announces that it is time for Jane to attempt to find her way back into the computer network, who gives the message to Jane, and how does Jane respond?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)