|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peter opens his eyes on the beach, what does he tell everyone he dreamed about?
(a) A squid.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A fish.
(d) A pig.
2. After the M.D. device is deactivated, what happens when Admiral Lands bumps into the Little Doctor?
(a) He is temporarily paralized.
(b) All of his memory is lost.
(c) He is filled with self-loathing at what he almost did.
(d) He is angry because he was unsuccessful.
3. After Wang-mu calls Peter back when his aiua starts drifting away, who serves the two of them dinner?
(a) The pequeninos.
(b) The Samoans.
(c) The mothertrees.
(d) Yasujiro Tsutsumi.
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Jane's interaction with the mothertrees?
(a) The mothertrees are nurturing and comfort Jane.
(b) Jane infuses new vivacity into the mothertrees.
(c) Jane overlooks the mothertrees at first.
(d) Jane finds the mothertrees weak.
5. Why is the Hive Queen jealous of Jane?
(a) Because Jane is more powerful than she is.
(b) Because Jane attacked Quara first.
(c) Because Jane knows Human in a way the Hive Queen can't.
(d) Because Jane is pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things can Miro not provide for Jane in their marriage?
2. Why does Miro state that is would be a shame if Ender came through the transformation exactly as he was before?
3. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
4. Jane notes that it is easier for her to transport Wang-mu when she moves her and Peter back to Lusitania. Why?
5. The descoladores have designed a molecule that would fit into the human brain's receptor node for _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
2. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
3. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
4. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
5. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
6. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
7. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
8. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
9. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
10. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)