|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jane first leaps into Young Val's body?
(a) Ender unable to let go and Jane spins thought the body.
(b) She gets a successful reception.
(c) Ender invites Jane in.
(d) Young Val becomes much weaker.
2. What does Plikt say is the most important thing to remember about Ender, above all else?
(a) His justice and mercy.
(b) His strength and stubborness.
(c) His greatness as a follower.
(d) His role as Speaker for the Dead.
3. Which of the following things can Miro not provide for Jane in their marriage?
(a) Increased awarness.
4. What does Plikt realize she will not tell about Ender's story as she contemplates it in her room?
(a) Her own selfishness.
(b) Ender's selfishness.
(c) Her own selflessness.
(d) Ender's selflessness.
5. What is Quara's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane's dying become more bearable with time?
2. Who does Admiral Lands arrest after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
3. Which of the following statements describes Ender's death?
4. After Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is approved, where is Yasujiro sent?
5. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Peter responds to waking on the beach with Wang-mu curled in beside him.
2. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
3. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
4. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
5. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
6. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
7. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
8. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
9. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
10. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)