|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Jane's interaction with the mothertrees?
(a) Jane infuses new vivacity into the mothertrees.
(b) Jane finds the mothertrees weak.
(c) The mothertrees are nurturing and comfort Jane.
(d) Jane overlooks the mothertrees at first.
2. On Pacifica, Malu announces the god is come and _________ shouts at Jane to get out of Peter.
(b) Young Val.
3. Jane notes that it is easier for her to transport Wang-mu when she moves her and Peter back to Lusitania. Why?
(a) Wang-mu and Jane have become much better friends.
(b) Peter and Wang-mu have become philotically interlinked.
(c) Wang-mu has become more technological.
(d) Wang-mu has lost a lot of weight.
4. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," how does his persona change?
(a) He is able to control his sarcasm and feels whole.
(b) He feels older than before.
(c) He feels much less like himself.
(d) He feels as if he has no memories.
5. When Jane returns to her new body to begin her existence as Val, her aiua is so vibrant that it also entwines with something else? What is this other object?
(a) The mothertrees.
(b) The Starways Congress.
(c) Ender's third body.
(d) The Hive Queen and pequenino's philotic web.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things can Miro not provide for Jane in their marriage?
2. Who presses the button to start the "godproof computer network"?
3. After the M.D. device is deactivated, what happens when Admiral Lands bumps into the Little Doctor?
4. Once Jane returns to the computer network, what does she realize about human existence?
5. When Jane begins crying for the first time, what does she tell Miro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
2. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
3. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
4. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
5. Describe what Peter says that Admiral Lands should include in the report about the Little Doctor and their mission.
6. Who is visiting Yasujiro Tsutsumi when Aimaina Hikari arrives, and how does Yasujiro Tsutsumi respond to Hikari's arrival?
7. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
8. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
9. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
10. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)