|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
(a) Shared experiences.
(b) Sharing of blood.
(c) Comingled tears.
(d) An engagement ring.
2. What happens to Young Val when Jane takes over her body?
(a) Young Val's aiua passes into Peter.
(b) Young Val dies.
(c) Young Val's aiua becomes entertwined with Jane.
(d) Young Val creates a new body for herself.
3. Who does Admiral Lands arrest after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
(c) Yasujiro Tsutsumi.
4. What quality does Jane possess that makes her more than human after she enters Val's body?
(a) She has the ability to recover from defeat and injury more quickly.
(b) She has a photographic memory.
(c) She doesn't have real feelings.
(d) She can access all the ansible communication in the universe.
5. What is Quara's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Admiral Lands uncomfortable with the role of commanding the deployment of the M.D. device?
2. How does Plikt feel regarding the death of Ender?
3. When Jane begins crying for the first time, what does she tell Miro?
4. Aboard Milo's starship what path does Quara suggest they take when she says they are proceeding along the wrong one?
5. What is the relationship of Yasujiro Tsutsumi to Aimaina Hikari?
Short Essay Questions
1. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
2. Who is concerned that they might be betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender" and why?
3. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
4. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
5. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
6. What joke does Malu make regarding Jane's inhabiting of Peter?
7. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
8. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
9. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
10. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)