|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of relationship do the Hive Queen and Jane settle into after Jane is in Val's body?
(a) A mother-daughter relationship.
(b) A sibling relationship.
(c) A friend to friend relationship.
(d) No relationship at all.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Novinha in "This Has Always Been Your Body"?
(a) Novinha tells Ender she will miss him and share memories of him.
(b) Novinha tells Ender to stay alive for her.
(c) Novinha tells Ender he can die without her begrudging him.
(d) Novinha tells Ender to live as Peter.
3. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," how does his persona change?
(a) He is able to control his sarcasm and feels whole.
(b) He feels older than before.
(c) He feels as if he has no memories.
(d) He feels much less like himself.
4. What does Plikt realize she will not tell about Ender's story as she contemplates it in her room?
(a) Her own selflessness.
(b) Ender's selfishness.
(c) Ender's selflessness.
(d) Her own selfishness.
5. Hikari tells Yasujiro Tsutsumi that he is upset with all their people since they have forgotten the lesson of history? What is this lesson?
(a) Not to build too tall of buildings.
(b) Not to go into debt.
(c) Not to fall in love.
(d) Not to make war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the networks among the Hive Queens familiar to Jane?
2. How does Plikt feel regarding the death of Ender?
3. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
4. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu aboard Miro's craft?
5. Why does Miro think that Quara is as contrary as she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
2. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
3. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
4. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
5. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
6. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
7. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
8. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
9. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
10. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)