|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
(a) Destruction of the descolada virus.
(b) Destruction of the M.D. device.
(c) Following the orders of the Starways Congress.
(d) Ensuring his own survival.
2. After Wang-mu calls Peter back when his aiua starts drifting away, who serves the two of them dinner?
(a) The mothertrees.
(b) Yasujiro Tsutsumi.
(c) The pequeninos.
(d) The Samoans.
3. How does Plikt feel regarding the death of Ender?
4. What happens to Ender's bodies as Ender's and Jane's aiuas wrangle for control?
(a) They begin to lose strength.
(b) They are thrown into convulsions.
(c) They begin to grow much stronger.
(d) They argue amongst themselves.
5. Why does Miro think that Quara is as contrary as she is?
(a) She is infected by an evil spirit.
(b) She was always spoiled as a child by Marcao.
(c) She has a personality disorder.
(d) She had to put up with Marcao's rage growing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Jane try to enter Young Val's body?
2. Jane admits that she used to look down on human's ability to do only one thing at a time. What has she realized since taking a human body about this?
3. Who does Jane forgive for speaking brutally to Young Val?
4. When Peter regains consciousness after Ender is transferred into his body, what does he do?
5. When Jane begins crying for the first time, what does she tell Miro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Hive Queen in telepathic contact with when she announces that it is time for Jane to attempt to find her way back into the computer network, who gives the message to Jane, and how does Jane respond?
2. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
3. What is on the latest molecular blueprint that Quara receives from the descoladore planet and what does she suggest the implication is?
4. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
5. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
6. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
7. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
8. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
9. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
10. Describe the thoughts Plikt has as she contemplates how to speak Ender's death properly alone in her room.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)