|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
(a) He was impotent.
(b) Her married Movinha.
(c) He abused Novinha.
(d) He told everyone of Novinha's affair.
2. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(a) Young Val.
3. How many planets are Miro and Young Val able to visit on the quest that Jane sends them?
(d) Twenty four.
4. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
(a) By teaching the fathertrees to cast a philotic web to catch his aiua.
(b) By infecting Ender with the descolada virus.
(c) By bringing more attention to Ender's duties.
(d) By moving Ender to Divine Wood.
5. In what language does Malu address Peter and Wang-mu during their first meeting?
(b) An ancient holy dialect.
(c) DNA blueprints.
(d) A well-known technical language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
2. Why does Hikari pour his own servant tea?
3. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
4. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
5. Who is Pipo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
2. At the beginning of the novel, what does Jane do while Miro and Young Valentine scout for new habitable planets? What will happen after Jane is finished with her task?
3. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
4. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
5. What does Wang-mu first do when she and Peter land on Divine Wood and why?
6. Describe Miro and Young Val's arrival at the Hive and what they encounter in the passages on the way to see the Hive Queen.
7. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what pretense does she give for not seeing him and how does he overcome her excuse?
8. How do Human and the Hive Queen try to capture Jane's aiua, and what conclusion do they come to when they are unsuccessful?
9. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
10. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)