|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malu arrive for his first meeting with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) In a canoe.
(b) By caravan.
(c) In a spaceship.
(d) On a bicycle.
2. What epiphany does Wang-mu have after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) She realizes her role is to kill Peter.
(b) She realizes she wants to follow Malu.
(c) She realizes she is pregnant.
(d) She realizes her role is to love Peter.
3. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
(a) It could cause friends to fail to recognize them.
(b) It could cause Val to lose a sense of herself.
(c) It could cause insanity.
(d) It could cause Jane to lose a sense of herself.
4. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
(a) A bee.
(b) A virus.
(c) A rat.
(d) A ball.
5. Who does Hikari call "assassins of the heart"?
(a) The Lusitanians.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) All humanity.
(d) Wang-mu and Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Young Val to visit the Hive Queen to seek more information about how to get Jane's aiua into Young Val?
2. What type of colony was Divine Wood originally?
3. Who says "Life is a suicide mission"?
4. What does Ua Lava mean?
5. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Human and the Hive Queen try to capture Jane's aiua, and what conclusion do they come to when they are unsuccessful?
2. What does Peter tell Wang-mu to do while they are quarreling aboard the faster-than-light ship, and how does she respond?
3. Describe Miro and Young Val's arrival at the Hive and what they encounter in the passages on the way to see the Hive Queen.
4. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
5. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
6. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
7. Describe the conversation when Miro goes to speak to Ender.
8. Who was Novinha's rival, and how is Novinha asked to help this rival?
9. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
10. Describe the conversation between Old Val and Young Val about the nature of Young Val's existence.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)