|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Outspace?
(a) A planet.
(b) A theory of the universe.
(c) A country.
(d) Literally out of space.
2. What does Novinha do immediately after Ender collapses in "Nobody is Rational"?
(a) She runs to get him water.
(b) She gives him CPR.
(c) She leaves him.
(d) She calls for help.
3. Who does Novinha say "spins a pretty story"?
(c) Old Val.
4. What epiphany does Wang-mu have after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) She realizes she is pregnant.
(b) She realizes her role is to kill Peter.
(c) She realizes her role is to love Peter.
(d) She realizes she wants to follow Malu.
5. Who says, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe"?
(a) Old Val.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wang-mu respond after Grace points out Peter and her scam and calls them liars?
2. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
3. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
4. When was Peter called into being?
5. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
2. What does Peter tell Wang-mu to do while they are quarreling aboard the faster-than-light ship, and how does she respond?
3. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
4. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
5. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
6. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
7. As the ansibles and entire networks go offline, how is Jane affected and how does she respond?
8. Describe the conversation when Miro goes to speak to Ender.
9. Describe the reconciliation between Novinha and Ender in the garden.
10. What work have Miro and Young Valentine been engaged in since shortly after working out the logistics of faster than light travel and how quickly are they able to complete this work?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)