|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says she is "sick of letting people go"?
(a) Young Val.
2. Who is Valentine?
(a) Ender's sister.
(b) Jane's aunt.
(c) Peter's mother.
(d) Mrio's cousin.
3. What is Outspace?
(a) A country.
(b) A theory of the universe.
(c) A planet.
(d) Literally out of space.
4. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
5. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
(a) He is a little whiter and more decoratively dressed.
(b) He is much fatter and has no hair.
(c) He is much taller.
(d) He looks nothing like the other Somoans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of the "You Don't Believe in God" chapter when Ender and Novinha reunite in the garden?
2. Jane relays the meeting between Peter, Wang-mu, Grace, and Malu to whom?
3. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
4. When was Peter called into being?
5. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
2. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
3. What does Peter tell Wang-mu to do while they are quarreling aboard the faster-than-light ship, and how does she respond?
4. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
5. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
6. Why do Peter and Wang-mu not have to learn a new language on Divine Wood and what language is spoken?
7. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what pretense does she give for not seeing him and how does he overcome her excuse?
8. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
9. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
10. How was Peter called into being and why does this cause problems?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)