|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Miro and Young Val's work styles different when they are on the quest that Jane sends them?
(a) Young Val does twice as much work as Miro.
(b) Miro tires faster than Young Val.
(c) Young Val tires faster than Miro.
(d) Miro does twice as much work as Young Val.
2. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
3. How does Wang-mu respond after Grace points out Peter and her scam and calls them liars?
(a) Wang-mu sticks with their disguises.
(b) Wang-mu makes up a new identity.
(c) Wang-mu tells their true itentity.
(d) Wang-mu runs off, leaving Peter.
4. Why does the Hive Queen not want to help find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body?
(a) She says Jane will survive regardless of what they do.
(b) She says Jane is a full self, not a singe aiua.
(c) She says Jane is too connected to the computer world.
(d) She says Jane will rip Val's body apart.
5. How does Malu arrive for his first meeting with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) In a canoe.
(b) On a bicycle.
(c) By caravan.
(d) In a spaceship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ship Peter and Wang-mu use to fly to Divine Wood look like?
2. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
3. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
4. Who says, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe"?
5. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
2. What does Peter tell Wang-mu to do while they are quarreling aboard the faster-than-light ship, and how does she respond?
3. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
4. Describe the events surrounding Ender's collapse in the Filho's courtyard.
5. Who does Malu think is a better host for Jane's aiua and why?
6. Describe Miro and Young Val's arrival at the Hive and what they encounter in the passages on the way to see the Hive Queen.
7. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
8. What language does Malu speak during his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter and how does this affect the conversation?
9. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
10. What reason does Ender give Novinha for reconciling with him and how does she refute his argument?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)