|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malu arrive for his first meeting with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) By caravan.
(b) In a canoe.
(c) In a spaceship.
(d) On a bicycle.
2. Who controls the flight of the spaceship in Chapter 1?
3. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
4. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
(a) By teaching the fathertrees to cast a philotic web to catch his aiua.
(b) By moving Ender to Divine Wood.
(c) By infecting Ender with the descolada virus.
(d) By bringing more attention to Ender's duties.
5. How does Miro respond to Jane's looming destruction after the shutdown of the ansible networks begins?
(a) He begins sobbing.
(b) He tries to contact her, but fails.
(c) He hurries about the starship.
(d) He is elated.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Peter called into being?
2. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
3. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
4. If Jane dies, what, according to Miro, dies along with her?
5. Who says "Life is a suicide mission"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
2. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
3. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
4. Describe the conversation between Old Val and Young Val about the nature of Young Val's existence.
5. Describe Miro and Young Val's arrival at the Hive and what they encounter in the passages on the way to see the Hive Queen.
6. Why does Grace's husband laugh when Peter asks if he and Wang-mu can go see Malu and to what does he compare Peter's request?
7. How was Peter called into being and why does this cause problems?
8. Describe the reconciliation between Novinha and Ender in the garden.
9. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
10. Why do Peter and Wang-mu not have to learn a new language on Divine Wood and what language is spoken?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)