|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of colony was Divine Wood originally?
2. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
(a) Because men cannot tell women what to do.
(b) Because she believes they are still in space.
(c) Because he is being rude.
(d) Because she is not allowed off the ship.
3. When was Peter called into being?
(a) During his parents' honeymoon.
(b) During the creation of Divine Wood.
(c) During the last xenocide.
(d) During Ender's first trip to Outspace.
4. After Human and the Hive Queen create the largest philotic web ever and cannot locate Jane, what solution do they propose to retrieve her aiua?
(a) Using the computer network as a detective to find her.
(b) Continue their same strategy.
(c) Let her aiua find its way back into the web.
(d) Have Ender call her into one of his bodies.
5. What is Outspace?
(a) A country.
(b) Literally out of space.
(c) A theory of the universe.
(d) A planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace's husband describe as "impure feet tickling the Gods"?
2. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
3. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
4. How are Miro and Young Val's work styles different when they are on the quest that Jane sends them?
5. Why does the Hive Queen not want to help find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What language does Malu speak during his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter and how does this affect the conversation?
2. What work have Miro and Young Valentine been engaged in since shortly after working out the logistics of faster than light travel and how quickly are they able to complete this work?
3. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
4. Describe the events surrounding Ender's collapse in the Filho's courtyard.
5. What does Wang-mu first do when she and Peter land on Divine Wood and why?
6. Who does Malu think is a better host for Jane's aiua and why?
7. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
8. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
9. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
10. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)