|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miro maintain contact with Jane during his travels?
(a) Through a messanger.
(b) Through a series of flashes of light.
(c) Through a transceiver in his ear.
(d) Though telepathic messages.
2. When Old Val slaps Plikt across the face, what does she say to her?
(a) Old Val says Plikt is like a cannibal.
(b) Old Val says Plikt will die a painful death.
(c) Old Val says Plikt will never speak Ender's death.
(d) Old Val says Plikt is an evil coward.
3. Who is Pipo?
(a) An elder of a religious order.
(b) The first ever philosopher.
(c) The colony's original xenobiologist.
(d) A hobo on the planet Path.
4. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Warmaker?
5. Who does Hikari call "assassins of the heart"?
(a) All humanity.
(b) Wang-mu and Peter.
(c) The Lusitanians.
(d) The Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of the "You Don't Believe in God" chapter when Ender and Novinha reunite in the garden?
2. Who does Grace identify as Wang-mu's rival for Peter's love at Jane's deathbed?
3. In what language does Malu address Peter and Wang-mu during their first meeting?
4. What does Jane claim that hearing of Young Val's impending death has caused Miro to realize?
5. What is the relationship of Quim to Novinha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
2. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
3. Who does Malu think is a better host for Jane's aiua and why?
4. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
5. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
6. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
7. When Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks whether Hikari expects him to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet, how does Hikari respond?
8. What is on the latest molecular blueprint that Quara receives from the descoladore planet and what does she suggest the implication is?
9. Describe how Jane transports Peter and Wang-mu aboard the Starways Congress starship and where they land on the ship.
10. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)