|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of Quim to Novinha?
(a) He is her husband.
(b) He is her son.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her friend.
2. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
(a) Wang-mu leaves Path.
(b) Ender sends Peter to Path.
(c) Ender programs Peter.
(d) Peter arrives on Path.
3. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) They beg Peter and Wang-mu to take them away.
(b) They run after him.
(c) They begin tearing down the structure they erected.
(d) They fall in the sand and begin weeping.
4. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
(a) Ender says Jane can gave Young Val's body.
(b) Ender says Miro can marry Young Val.
(c) Ender says that Miro can have his body.
(d) Ender says Jane and Miro can battle for superiority.
5. Jane relays the meeting between Peter, Wang-mu, Grace, and Malu to whom?
(a) Old Val.
(b) Young Val.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Valentine?
2. What is causing Young Val to fade away?
3. What happens at the end of the "You Don't Believe in God" chapter when Ender and Novinha reunite in the garden?
4. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
5. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
Short Essay Questions
1. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
2. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
3. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
4. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
5. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
6. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
7. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
8. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
9. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
10. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)