|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Malu make about Jane's attitude toward her mechanical body?
(a) She doesn't appreciate it enough.
(b) She doesn't need it.
(c) She is fundamentally dissatisfied with it.
(d) She is pleased with her mechanical existence.
2. How does Miro respond to Jane's looming destruction after the shutdown of the ansible networks begins?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He begins sobbing.
(c) He tries to contact her, but fails.
(d) He hurries about the starship.
3. What religious order does Novinha, Ender's wife, enter?
(a) Children of the Mind of God.
(b) Children of the Mind of Christ.
(c) Church of Latter Day Saints.
(d) Children of Yesterday's God.
4. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(c) Young Val.
5. How does Miro maintain contact with Jane during his travels?
(a) Though telepathic messages.
(b) Through a transceiver in his ear.
(c) Through a messanger.
(d) Through a series of flashes of light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
2. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
3. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
4. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Warmaker?
5. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What work have Miro and Young Valentine been engaged in since shortly after working out the logistics of faster than light travel and how quickly are they able to complete this work?
2. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
3. Describe the conversation when Miro goes to speak to Ender.
4. Who does Malu think is a better host for Jane's aiua and why?
5. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
6. How do Human and the Hive Queen try to capture Jane's aiua, and what conclusion do they come to when they are unsuccessful?
7. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
8. What reason does Ender give Novinha for reconciling with him and how does she refute his argument?
9. Describe the conversation between Old Val and Young Val about the nature of Young Val's existence.
10. Why do Peter and Wang-mu not have to learn a new language on Divine Wood and what language is spoken?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)