|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
(a) It could cause Val to lose a sense of herself.
(b) It could cause Jane to lose a sense of herself.
(c) It could cause insanity.
(d) It could cause friends to fail to recognize them.
2. What causes an awkward moment when Miro speaks with Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us"?
(a) Ender says Miro is attracted to Young Val, who is like Ender in a wig.
(b) Ender says Miro's own confidence will be his downfall.
(c) Ender says that he has never liked Miro and asks him to leave.
(d) Ender says that Miro has secret passions for his sister.
3. Who says she is "sick of letting people go"?
(a) Young Val.
4. What is the profession of Aimaina Hikari?
(a) Gnomic philosopher.
(d) Analytical philospher.
5. When Wang-mu and Peter first go to Divine Wood, what is the fake identity that Peter adopts?
(a) Gnomic philosopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Outspace?
2. Jane determined that Hikari is a secret disciple of who?
3. What is the relationship of Quim to Novinha?
4. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
5. Who says "Life is a suicide mission"?
Short Essay Questions
1. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
2. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
3. What work have Miro and Young Valentine been engaged in since shortly after working out the logistics of faster than light travel and how quickly are they able to complete this work?
4. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
5. What does Wang-mu first do when she and Peter land on Divine Wood and why?
6. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
7. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
8. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
9. Who was Novinha's rival, and how is Novinha asked to help this rival?
10. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what pretense does she give for not seeing him and how does he overcome her excuse?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)