|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
2. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(a) Young Val.
3. When Old Val slaps Plikt across the face, what does she say to her?
(a) Old Val says Plikt is like a cannibal.
(b) Old Val says Plikt will die a painful death.
(c) Old Val says Plikt is an evil coward.
(d) Old Val says Plikt will never speak Ender's death.
4. How does Quim die?
(a) From a bite of a mosquito.
(b) From an arrow to the heart.
(c) From a gunshot wound.
(d) From descolada.
5. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
(a) God touched a cloud and it spun into fire, becoming the sun.
(b) Jane made the sun from her anger.
(c) The sun was not formed, but instead always existed.
(d) The sun developed out of a primordial soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
2. After Human and the Hive Queen create the largest philotic web ever and cannot locate Jane, what solution do they propose to retrieve her aiua?
3. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
4. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
5. What religious order does Novinha, Ender's wife, enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, what does Jane do while Miro and Young Valentine scout for new habitable planets? What will happen after Jane is finished with her task?
2. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
3. Describe the conversation when Miro goes to speak to Ender.
4. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
5. Why does Grace's husband laugh when Peter asks if he and Wang-mu can go see Malu and to what does he compare Peter's request?
6. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
7. What does Peter tell Wang-mu to do while they are quarreling aboard the faster-than-light ship, and how does she respond?
8. Who was Novinha's rival, and how is Novinha asked to help this rival?
9. What does Wang-mu first do when she and Peter land on Divine Wood and why?
10. Describe the conversation between Old Val and Young Val about the nature of Young Val's existence.
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)