|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
(a) Jane made the sun from her anger.
(b) The sun developed out of a primordial soup.
(c) God touched a cloud and it spun into fire, becoming the sun.
(d) The sun was not formed, but instead always existed.
2. Who is Pipo?
(a) The colony's original xenobiologist.
(b) A hobo on the planet Path.
(c) An elder of a religious order.
(d) The first ever philosopher.
3. Where is Ender at the beginning of the novel?
(d) Divine Wood.
4. What does the ship Peter and Wang-mu use to fly to Divine Wood look like?
(a) A large box.
(b) An aluminum can.
(c) A rocket.
(d) An airplane.
5. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
(a) Ender has retreated into the Filhos.
(b) Ender is dying.
(c) Ender is weaker than ever.
(d) Ender is divorcing his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of the "You Don't Believe in God" chapter when Ender and Novinha reunite in the garden?
2. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
3. What is the relationship of Quim to Novinha?
4. Jane relays the meeting between Peter, Wang-mu, Grace, and Malu to whom?
5. Why does Hikari pour his own servant tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
2. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
3. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
4. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
5. Why do Peter and Wang-mu not have to learn a new language on Divine Wood and what language is spoken?
6. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
7. What reason does Ender give Novinha for reconciling with him and how does she refute his argument?
8. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
9. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what pretense does she give for not seeing him and how does he overcome her excuse?
10. At the beginning of the novel, what does Jane do while Miro and Young Valentine scout for new habitable planets? What will happen after Jane is finished with her task?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)