|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
2. Who instructs Wang-mu and Peter that Malu can influence Hikari?
3. What is Outspace?
(a) A country.
(b) A planet.
(c) A theory of the universe.
(d) Literally out of space.
4. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
(a) Human tells her that Ender's recovery is slow but steady.
(b) Human tells her Ender is in poor shape and unconscious.
(c) Human tells her Ender is dead.
(d) Human tells her that Ender is recovering well.
5. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
(a) To see if they are habitable.
(b) To see if they have meat sources.
(c) To see if they have friendly people.
(d) To see if they are conquerable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malu refer to as "the god who dances on spider webs"?
2. What was the original catalyst for Ender and Novinha's separation?
3. In the "Nobody is Rational" chapter, where does Ender collapse?
4. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
5. How does Wang-mu interpret Malu's story of creation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Malu's entrance for his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter.
2. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
3. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
4. Describe the conversation between Old Val and Young Val about the nature of Young Val's existence.
5. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
6. Why does Grace's husband laugh when Peter asks if he and Wang-mu can go see Malu and to what does he compare Peter's request?
7. What does Peter tell Wang-mu to do while they are quarreling aboard the faster-than-light ship, and how does she respond?
8. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
9. Describe the events surrounding Ender's collapse in the Filho's courtyard.
10. What reason does Ender give Novinha for reconciling with him and how does she refute his argument?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)