|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
(a) Because he is being rude.
(b) Because men cannot tell women what to do.
(c) Because she believes they are still in space.
(d) Because she is not allowed off the ship.
2. Why does Human say that she does not think Ender will find his way into Peter when he dies?
(a) Because Ender needs Peter's full person.
(b) Because Peter represents the part of himself he most hates.
(c) Because Peter is too weak.
(d) Because moving into Peter would damage him.
3. Who is Valentine?
(a) Peter's mother.
(b) Jane's aunt.
(c) Mrio's cousin.
(d) Ender's sister.
4. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
(a) To see if they are conquerable.
(b) To see if they have meat sources.
(c) To see if they are habitable.
(d) To see if they have friendly people.
5. Who does Grace identify as Wang-mu's rival for Peter's love at Jane's deathbed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing Young Val to fade away?
2. What is the name of the island on Pacifica where Peter and Wang-mu try to contact Malu?
3. When does Grace join Peter and Wang-mu during their first meal at Grace's house?
4. Who is Rooter?
5. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation when Miro goes to speak to Ender.
2. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
3. Who does Malu think is a better host for Jane's aiua and why?
4. How do Human and the Hive Queen try to capture Jane's aiua, and what conclusion do they come to when they are unsuccessful?
5. How was Peter called into being and why does this cause problems?
6. What reason does Ender give Novinha for reconciling with him and how does she refute his argument?
7. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
8. Describe Miro and Young Val's arrival at the Hive and what they encounter in the passages on the way to see the Hive Queen.
9. What does Peter tell Wang-mu to do while they are quarreling aboard the faster-than-light ship, and how does she respond?
10. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)