|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malu refer to as "the god who dances on spider webs"?
(a) The Hive Queen.
(d) The Biblical God.
2. After Human and the Hive Queen create the largest philotic web ever and cannot locate Jane, what solution do they propose to retrieve her aiua?
(a) Using the computer network as a detective to find her.
(b) Have Ender call her into one of his bodies.
(c) Let her aiua find its way back into the web.
(d) Continue their same strategy.
3. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
(a) Human tells her that Ender's recovery is slow but steady.
(b) Human tells her Ender is dead.
(c) Human tells her that Ender is recovering well.
(d) Human tells her Ender is in poor shape and unconscious.
4. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
(a) God touched a cloud and it spun into fire, becoming the sun.
(b) Jane made the sun from her anger.
(c) The sun developed out of a primordial soup.
(d) The sun was not formed, but instead always existed.
5. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miro respond to Jane's looming destruction after the shutdown of the ansible networks begins?
2. When individual ansibles and entire networks go offline, how does Jane feel?
3. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
4. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
5. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Novinha's rival, and how is Novinha asked to help this rival?
2. Describe the reconciliation between Novinha and Ender in the garden.
3. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
4. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
5. Why does Grace's husband laugh when Peter asks if he and Wang-mu can go see Malu and to what does he compare Peter's request?
6. As the ansibles and entire networks go offline, how is Jane affected and how does she respond?
7. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
8. How was Peter called into being and why does this cause problems?
9. Describe Malu's entrance for his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter.
10. Describe the events surrounding Ender's collapse in the Filho's courtyard.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)