|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Old Val slaps Plikt across the face, what does she say to her?
(a) Old Val says Plikt is like a cannibal.
(b) Old Val says Plikt will die a painful death.
(c) Old Val says Plikt is an evil coward.
(d) Old Val says Plikt will never speak Ender's death.
2. If Jane dies, what, according to Miro, dies along with her?
(a) Her ability to make peace for the whole world.
(b) Her ability to fight the descolada virus.
(c) Her ability to help humans, pequeninos, and buggers.
(d) Her ability to drive out the pequeninos.
3. Jane determined that Hikari is a secret disciple of who?
(a) Hive Queen.
(b) Aiara Leaven.
(c) Miro Mana.
(d) Ua Lava.
4. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
(a) Ender says Jane and Miro can battle for superiority.
(b) Ender says that Miro can have his body.
(c) Ender says Miro can marry Young Val.
(d) Ender says Jane can gave Young Val's body.
5. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
(a) A ball.
(b) A bee.
(c) A rat.
(d) A virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Warmaker?
2. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
3. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
4. How does Malu arrive for his first meeting with Peter and Wang-mu?
5. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Old Val and Young Val about the nature of Young Val's existence.
2. Why do Peter and Wang-mu not have to learn a new language on Divine Wood and what language is spoken?
3. How do Human and the Hive Queen try to capture Jane's aiua, and what conclusion do they come to when they are unsuccessful?
4. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
5. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
6. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
7. What language does Malu speak during his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter and how does this affect the conversation?
8. How was Peter called into being and why does this cause problems?
9. At the beginning of the novel, what does Jane do while Miro and Young Valentine scout for new habitable planets? What will happen after Jane is finished with her task?
10. What reason does Ender give Novinha for reconciling with him and how does she refute his argument?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)