|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) They begin tearing down the structure they erected.
(b) They fall in the sand and begin weeping.
(c) They run after him.
(d) They beg Peter and Wang-mu to take them away.
2. Who does Novinha say "spins a pretty story"?
(c) Old Val.
3. What must Peter and Wang-mu promise to do before meeting Malu?
(a) Offer him a large meal.
(b) Serve him for one year.
(c) Pay Grace for bringing them to him.
(d) Listen to him without interrupting him.
4. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
5. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
2. Who is Pipo?
3. Where is Ender at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who does Hikari call "assassins of the heart"?
5. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What language does Malu speak during his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter and how does this affect the conversation?
2. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
3. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
4. How does Old Val compliment Miro to Young Val and why?
5. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what pretense does she give for not seeing him and how does he overcome her excuse?
6. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
7. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
8. Describe Malu's entrance for his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter.
9. Who was Novinha's rival, and how is Novinha asked to help this rival?
10. How do Human and the Hive Queen try to capture Jane's aiua, and what conclusion do they come to when they are unsuccessful?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)