|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
(a) She send them an email.
(b) She shouts out to them.
(c) She sends a message via a worker.
(d) She sends a telepathic message.
2. Who does Hikari call "assassins of the heart"?
(a) The Lusitanians.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) Wang-mu and Peter.
(d) All humanity.
3. What is Outspace?
(a) A planet.
(b) A country.
(c) A theory of the universe.
(d) Literally out of space.
4. What does Ua Lava mean?
(b) For the people.
(d) Of the aliens.
5. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
(a) Ua Lava.
(b) Bee Communion.
(d) Order of the Children of the Mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
2. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
3. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
4. How are Miro and Young Val's work styles different when they are on the quest that Jane sends them?
5. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what pretense does she give for not seeing him and how does he overcome her excuse?
2. Describe the reconciliation between Novinha and Ender in the garden.
3. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
4. Describe the conversation when Miro goes to speak to Ender.
5. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
6. What work have Miro and Young Valentine been engaged in since shortly after working out the logistics of faster than light travel and how quickly are they able to complete this work?
7. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
8. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
9. Describe Miro and Young Val's arrival at the Hive and what they encounter in the passages on the way to see the Hive Queen.
10. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)