|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
(a) Talk to Jane or rejoin the real world.
(b) Kill himself so that Peter can live.
(c) Talk to Young Val.
(d) Rejoin the real world and admit his mortality.
2. What epiphany does Wang-mu have after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) She realizes her role is to love Peter.
(b) She realizes she is pregnant.
(c) She realizes her role is to kill Peter.
(d) She realizes she wants to follow Malu.
3. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
4. When does Grace join Peter and Wang-mu during their first meal at Grace's house?
(a) Before dinner is served.
(b) When the final dish is served.
(c) When the first dish is served.
(d) After they have finished eating.
5. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
(a) He is a little whiter and more decoratively dressed.
(b) He is much fatter and has no hair.
(c) He looks nothing like the other Somoans.
(d) He is much taller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of the "You Don't Believe in God" chapter when Ender and Novinha reunite in the garden?
2. After Human and the Hive Queen create the largest philotic web ever and cannot locate Jane, what solution do they propose to retrieve her aiua?
3. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
4. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
5. What was the original catalyst for Ender and Novinha's separation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what pretense does she give for not seeing him and how does he overcome her excuse?
2. Describe the game that goes on as Peter and Wang-mu arrive at Hikara's place.
3. What language does Malu speak during his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter and how does this affect the conversation?
4. Describe the reconciliation between Novinha and Ender in the garden.
5. Describe Malu's entrance for his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter.
6. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
7. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
8. Who does Malu think is a better host for Jane's aiua and why?
9. Who was Novinha's rival, and how is Novinha asked to help this rival?
10. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)