|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wang-mu respond after Grace points out Peter and her scam and calls them liars?
(a) Wang-mu sticks with their disguises.
(b) Wang-mu makes up a new identity.
(c) Wang-mu tells their true itentity.
(d) Wang-mu runs off, leaving Peter.
2. Who instructs Wang-mu and Peter that Malu can influence Hikari?
3. What does the ship Peter and Wang-mu use to fly to Divine Wood look like?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A rocket.
(c) An aluminum can.
(d) A large box.
4. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
5. How does Old Val propose that Novinha save Jane?
(a) By keeping Ender alive.
(b) By persuading Young Val to give up her body.
(c) By giving her own body to Jane.
(d) By giving Ender permission to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Malu make about Jane's attitude toward her mechanical body?
2. When Old Val slaps Plikt across the face, what does she say to her?
3. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
4. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
5. Who says "Life is a suicide mission"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Old Val and Young Val about the nature of Young Val's existence.
2. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
3. What role does Wang-mu adopt when visiting Aimaina Hikari and why?
4. What reason does Ender give Novinha for reconciling with him and how does she refute his argument?
5. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
6. Who was Novinha's rival, and how is Novinha asked to help this rival?
7. Describe the events surrounding Ender's collapse in the Filho's courtyard.
8. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
9. Who does Malu think is a better host for Jane's aiua and why?
10. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what pretense does she give for not seeing him and how does he overcome her excuse?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)