|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace's husband describe as "impure feet tickling the Gods"?
(a) Peter meeting Grace.
(b) Peter talking to Jane.
(c) Peter marrying Wang-mu.
(d) Peter meeting Malu.
2. As Jane is in her death throes, what behavior on the part of Peter does Wang-mu see as proof of his humanity?
(a) Peter realizing that Jane is not human.
(b) She sees no humanity in Peter.
(c) Peter walking away from Jane.
(d) Peter crying and comforting Jane.
3. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
(a) To see if they have friendly people.
(b) To see if they are conquerable.
(c) To see if they are habitable.
(d) To see if they have meat sources.
4. Who instructs Wang-mu and Peter that Malu can influence Hikari?
5. How does Wang-mu interpret Malu's story of creation?
(a) As a well designed fable.
(b) As an allegory for philotic theory.
(c) As the ravings of a lunatic.
(d) As an interpretation of the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Life is a suicide mission"?
2. How does Miro maintain contact with Jane during his travels?
3. In what language does Malu address Peter and Wang-mu during their first meeting?
4. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
5. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Novinha's rival, and how is Novinha asked to help this rival?
2. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
3. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
4. What language does Malu speak during his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter and how does this affect the conversation?
5. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
6. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
7. How did Quara react to Peter giving the Little Doctor back, and why is Peter surprised by her reaction?
8. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
9. At the beginning of the novel, what does Jane do while Miro and Young Valentine scout for new habitable planets? What will happen after Jane is finished with her task?
10. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)