|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malu refer to as "the god who dances on spider webs"?
(a) The Hive Queen.
(c) The Biblical God.
2. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
3. What is Outspace?
(a) A theory of the universe.
(b) Literally out of space.
(c) A planet.
(d) A country.
4. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what excuse does she give for not being able to see him?
(a) She is gardening.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is not in love.
5. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
2. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
3. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
4. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
5. Why does Young Val oppose putting Jane's aiua into her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ender's attention affect Val in "Life is a Suicide Mission" and how does she react to it?
2. Describe Malu's entrance for his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter.
3. Who does Malu think is a better host for Jane's aiua and why?
4. Describe the Hive Queen's and Human's discussion about finding a way to help Jane transfer to a body.
5. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
6. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
7. What work have Miro and Young Valentine been engaged in since shortly after working out the logistics of faster than light travel and how quickly are they able to complete this work?
8. Why does Grace's husband laugh when Peter asks if he and Wang-mu can go see Malu and to what does he compare Peter's request?
9. Why do Peter and Wang-mu not have to learn a new language on Divine Wood and what language is spoken?
10. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)