|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Jane dies, what, according to Miro, dies along with her?
(a) Her ability to make peace for the whole world.
(b) Her ability to fight the descolada virus.
(c) Her ability to help humans, pequeninos, and buggers.
(d) Her ability to drive out the pequeninos.
2. What is Libo's relationship to Novinha?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her former husband.
(c) Her father's friend.
(d) The father of her children.
3. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
4. Orbiting the planet of the Descoladores, which of the following characters is not one of the ones that Miro and Val decide to go home to get?
(a) Hive Queen.
5. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
2. How does Quim die?
3. What was the original catalyst for Ender and Novinha's separation?
4. Who does Novinha say "spins a pretty story"?
5. What does Grace's husband describe as "impure feet tickling the Gods"?
Short Essay Questions
1. By what name does Malu refer to Jane and why?
2. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
3. How do Human and the Hive Queen try to capture Jane's aiua, and what conclusion do they come to when they are unsuccessful?
4. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
5. Describe the events surrounding Ender's collapse in the Filho's courtyard.
6. What work have Miro and Young Valentine been engaged in since shortly after working out the logistics of faster than light travel and how quickly are they able to complete this work?
7. Why do Peter and Wang-mu not have to learn a new language on Divine Wood and what language is spoken?
8. What language does Malu speak during his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter and how does this affect the conversation?
9. At the beginning of the novel, what does Jane do while Miro and Young Valentine scout for new habitable planets? What will happen after Jane is finished with her task?
10. Describe the reconciliation between Novinha and Ender in the garden.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)