|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
(a) Ender is dying.
(b) Ender has retreated into the Filhos.
(c) Ender is weaker than ever.
(d) Ender is divorcing his wife.
2. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
(a) By teaching the fathertrees to cast a philotic web to catch his aiua.
(b) By infecting Ender with the descolada virus.
(c) By moving Ender to Divine Wood.
(d) By bringing more attention to Ender's duties.
3. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
(a) She sends a message via a worker.
(b) She sends a telepathic message.
(c) She send them an email.
(d) She shouts out to them.
4. Who is Pipo?
(a) A hobo on the planet Path.
(b) The first ever philosopher.
(c) An elder of a religious order.
(d) The colony's original xenobiologist.
5. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
(a) A ball.
(b) A bee.
(c) A virus.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
2. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
3. When individual ansibles and entire networks go offline, how does Jane feel?
4. Who says she is "sick of letting people go"?
5. What is Libo's relationship to Novinha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Novinha's words to Ender when she releases him.
2. Why does Novinha accuse Plikt of acting like a cannibal, and how does Plikt respond to her?
3. What experience does Jane have for the first time in her 3,000 year existence in response to Quara, and what realization does she come to because of this?
4. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu, and what conclusion does Wang-mu come to about her lies?
5. At the beginning of the novel, what does Jane do while Miro and Young Valentine scout for new habitable planets? What will happen after Jane is finished with her task?
6. What do Peter and Wang-mu see in a very old building at the university on Pacifica and what is the significance of the contents?
7. When Jane returns to her now body to begin her existence as Val, what happens to her aiua and to Val's aiua?
8. What is Admiral Bobby Lands plan for the detonation of the M.D. Device before Peter and Wang-mu arrive?
9. What reason does Ender give Novinha for reconciling with him and how does she refute his argument?
10. What delicate and subtle presence does Jane encounter after exploring the networks of the Hive Queens, and how does the interaction between Jane and this presence play out?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)