|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Libo's relationship to Novinha?
(a) The father of her children.
(b) Her former husband.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father's friend.
2. How does Malu arrive for his first meeting with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) In a canoe.
(b) In a spaceship.
(c) On a bicycle.
(d) By caravan.
3. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
(a) The sun developed out of a primordial soup.
(b) The sun was not formed, but instead always existed.
(c) Jane made the sun from her anger.
(d) God touched a cloud and it spun into fire, becoming the sun.
4. What epiphany does Wang-mu have after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) She realizes her role is to love Peter.
(b) She realizes her role is to kill Peter.
(c) She realizes she wants to follow Malu.
(d) She realizes she is pregnant.
5. How does Wang-mu respond after Grace points out Peter and her scam and calls them liars?
(a) Wang-mu sticks with their disguises.
(b) Wang-mu makes up a new identity.
(c) Wang-mu runs off, leaving Peter.
(d) Wang-mu tells their true itentity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
2. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
3. What is Outspace?
4. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
5. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation when Miro goes to speak to Ender.
2. Describe Miro and Young Val's arrival at the Hive and what they encounter in the passages on the way to see the Hive Queen.
3. How does Miro convince Young Val to see the Hive Queen at the beginning of "Nobody is Rational"?
4. What does Peter tell Wang-mu to do while they are quarreling aboard the faster-than-light ship, and how does she respond?
5. What does the Hive Queen suggest about the mission that Jane is sending Miro and Young Val on and how does Miro confront Jane about this issue?
6. After losing many other men, for what does Novinha tell Ender she will hold him personally responsible and how can Ender avoid this responsibility?
7. At the beginning of the novel, what does Jane do while Miro and Young Valentine scout for new habitable planets? What will happen after Jane is finished with her task?
8. What does Wang-mu first do when she and Peter land on Divine Wood and why?
9. Why does Grace's husband laugh when Peter asks if he and Wang-mu can go see Malu and to what does he compare Peter's request?
10. Who claims that "life is a suicide mission," and why?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)