Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
2. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
(a) He told everyone of Novinha's affair.
(b) He abused Novinha.
(c) He was impotent.
(d) Her married Movinha.
3. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
(a) She sends a message via a worker.
(b) She shouts out to them.
(c) She send them an email.
(d) She sends a telepathic message.
4. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
5. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
(a) It could cause Val to lose a sense of herself.
(b) It could cause Jane to lose a sense of herself.
(c) It could cause friends to fail to recognize them.
(d) It could cause insanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the island on Pacifica where Peter and Wang-mu try to contact Malu?
2. Why does the Hive Queen not want to help find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body?
3. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
4. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
5. What is the relationship of Quim to Novinha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Aboard Milo's starship, how does Quara act toward everyone and specifically towards Jane?
2. As Jane enters Young Val's body, what happens?
3. When Jane moves the starship for the first time after making her way back onto the computer network, how do Peter and Wang-mu both respond?
4. What happens as Jane begins attempting to let go off the ansible lines?
5. Describe Malu's entrance for his meeting with Wang-mu and Peter.
6. Describe what Jane says after she tells Miro that he reminds her of Ender.
7. Why are Peter and Wang-mu invited to a university on Pacifica and who accompanies them?
8. Describe Jane's exploration of the networks among the Hive Queens.
9. Why does Miro tell Young Val that she is selfish and how does he feel afterward?
10. Describe Wang-mu and Peter's initial time settling into their apartment on Divine Wood.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)